RC poster

Compatibility of MIP #11101 CVD with RPM True Track

Help Please - I am getting ready to do a new E Revo build...

I am trying to find out if the MIP CVD's (#11101) are compatible as-is with the RPM True Track A-Arms. If not, what is required to get things working?

forum moderator - please do not delete, accidentally posted this yesterday on wrong forum

RC poster
    I've got the Proline ones, which are the same I believe, and I'm running my erevo and true track. No complaints

RC Racer
    They'll work fine. I run them without issues but use 08135 witch are the same as #11101 only different part# . Those parts are direct replacements they'll work together. RPM True Track will not work in conjunction with Traxxas (#5356) 120-LT Long Travel Rockers though.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by erevodriver View Post
    They'll work fine. I run them without issues but use 08135 witch are the same as #11101 only different part# . Those parts are direct replacements they'll work together. RPM True Track will not work in conjunction with Traxxas (#5356) 120-LT Long Travel Rockers though.
    Thanks for the feedback

Well that stinks, I use the lt rockers and was looking for metal drives that will work with them. I bought the Trx cvds and at lowest point of arm swing the dog bone is right at the edge of cup. Ive had it pop outta the cup 2x now and have to take bearing carrier off arms, to put bone back in output cup. Both times had to replace boot from dog bone poking hole through it. Im guessing the 11101 is pretty close to the Trx cvds being a race duty / style (thin shaft)drive. Was hoping to get MIP xduties when i go to 6s but am afraid theyll be the same way (to short) using the lt rockers...

92.5 mph Rustler (Rusty 1.0 R.I.P.)
    78 mph on 4s/93 on 6s(Rusty 2.0)
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 05-19-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4 & 92.5 mph Rustler (R.I.P.)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Well that stinks, I use the lt rockers and was looking for metal drives that will work with them. I bought the Trx cvds and at lowest point of arm swing the dog bone is right at the edge of cup. Ive had it pop outta the cup 2x now and have to take bearing carrier off arms, to put bone back in output cup. Both times had to replace boot from dog bone poking hole through it. Im guessing the 11101 is pretty close to the Trx cvds being a race duty / style (thin shaft)drive. Was hoping to get MIP xduties when i go to 6s but am afraid theyll be the same way (to short) using the lt rockers...

86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    I remember seeing Trx cvds an optional longer cup for use with LT rockers. You'll most likely twist the axles on 6s, I did. You can use MIP"s with LT's rockers. I don't see why they wouldn't work, they're long. RPM True Track will not work with LT's. MIP xduties aren't available on Revos though, I wish they were. I bent two already with crazy hard landings.

I remember seeing Trx cvds an optional longer cup for use with LT rockers. You'll most likely twist the axles on 6s, I did. You can use MIP"s with LT's rockers. I don't see why they wouldn't work, they're long. RPM True Track will not work with LT's. MIP xduties aren't available on Revos though, I wish they were. I bent two already with crazy hard landings.
    I bought the longer Trx cups that warn to only use with ext arms but they are actually the same length of the cups that come with the Trx metal drives. I didnt think they did make xduties but hoping you could mix n match different bones to get length you need like when you use protac arms on stampede and use a longer male bone from rustler with the female bone from the pede xduties to get the length you need.

86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 05-23-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4 & 92.5 mph Rustler (R.I.P.)

Well, it's been a LONG time since I messed with my e-revo. I hadn't driven it in probably a month of Sundays. Last time ran it, I was having issues with the traxxas cvds and the true track setup with the HR rockers. I've got the old hr rockers with the five adjustment holes. I think they are able to be used as long travel rockers on their outter holes on both sides.

I tried the extended cups as well in the rear. The are 1-2mm longer, but they don't really help enough to run it in any way but with a super low ride height. This was not what I was hoping for.

I went down to my LHS and got the MIP 11101 CVDs and hooked them up. WOW......

Plenty of room to run the suspension as high as it could go. It's got room for days....I had the rockers completely extended and the ride height on the lower arm all the way in and i still had a ton of room in regards to the extension of the splines. I had this thing sitting as high as a dang ol' monster truck!

This was the answer for me.

I took it out and beat the heck out of it. I'm one of those parking lot jumpers...I have big skate ramps and like to jump at skate parks too. Anything with really big air. 20+ feet off the ramp vertical and atleast 30-40 feet in length.

No issues whatsoever. So, the answer for me is the MIP CVDS in the rear with the true track and the RPM front arms with Traxxas CVDS and the longer cups...those did help me in the front.

This was the first time in a LONG time I actually had fun with the truck with no driveshafts popping out.
    Last edited by vxlrocket; 06-07-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    "It's just RC, not rocket appliances"-Ricky

RC Competitor
    I have been running Hot Racing cvd axles, and rpm true track since new. I have had zero issues so far with that setup running only 6s!

Also I saw a video on youtube of someone using LT rockers with the RPM True Track, and they seemed to be running just fine??