RC poster

Exclamation Traxxas Revo 3.3

hello i'm new to this site.

Anyways i have just bought a traxxas revo 3.3 of a person i found a problem on the traxxas revo 3.3

I can't push the traxxas revo 3.3 forwards when i spin the wheel the left wheel spin forward and the right wheel spin backward and same for the back wheel is this normal?

I'm just asking because i have not started up the revo 3.3 yet since waitting for some cable and fuel.

Please get back to me please.

RC Enthusiast
    That is completely normal. I would check the brake if you can't push it forward.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnyteryder196 View Post
    That is completely normal. I would check the brake if you can't push it forward.
    Okay thanks also the guy said to me once the engine is started up it will go forward or is he lying.

The wheels don't spin the right way just say the left wheel go forwards and the right wheels go backward how will i able to push it forward if the wheels spinning the wrong way?

RC Enthusiast
    I'm able to push mine all over with motor not started.

The diffs are open diffs, if they was locked then they would spin the same way. Them being open allows the wheels to spin at different speeds when going around turns.

Hold the right front when spinning the left front, it should spin the drive shafts and spin the rear wheels

While it is powered to test, you can put a tyre on the ground , give it throttle and see the others spining nicely.

The diff is doing its job, transmitting the ppower on the others....if one is stuck the rest will get the truck out.
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    I'm able to push mine all over with motor not started.

The diffs are open diffs, if they was locked then they would spin the same way. Them being open allows the wheels to spin at different speeds when going around turns.

Hold the right front when spinning the left front, it should spin the drive shafts and spin the rear wheels
    Okay i will try that tomorrow when i get home but when i push the rc hard it go forwards but the wheels spinning the wrong way...

If you spin in the tyres in the air , the other will always spin the other direction. If you turn centre the drive shaft then it will spin all in the righ direction.

How ever if the front or rear spins differently when piwere is coming from the centre then you probably have one of your diffs assembled wrongly.
    Live life to the fullest

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    While it is powered to test, you can put a tyre on the ground , give it throttle and see the others spining nicely.

The diff is doing its job, transmitting the ppower on the others....if one is stuck the rest will get the truck out.
    Okay this is just in my head all night because i have bought this revo 3.3 4WD the wheel spinning the wrong way .... Left wheel go forwards right wheel go backwards same for the back wheel hopefully when my cable come and fuel i will start it up like the guy said then it will go forward...

RC Enthusiast
    It will go forward.. But it should roll forward without having the motor on.. You have another issue.. The wheels spinning different directions from side to side is normal.. That's what they are supposed to do. But you either have the brake too tight as to where it won't free wheel, or there is something in the transmission or clutch not allowing it to spin freely.. Get it to where you can push and pull the truck without the motor running before trying to start the motor.. If something is locked up to where truck won't move you can break things fast when applying power.

RC poster
    It will go forward.. But it should roll forward without having the motor on.. You have another issue.. The wheels spinning different directions from side to side is normal.. That's what they are supposed to do. But you either have the brake too tight as to where it won't free wheel, or there is something in the transmission or clutch not allowing it to spin freely.. Get it to where you can push and pull the truck without the motor running before trying to start the motor.. If something is locked up to where truck won't move you can break things fast when applying power.

Okay when i lift up my traxxas revo 3.3 i spin the wheels it spin but the The wheels spinning different directions from side to side just like you said to me the side to side 1 spin forwards 1 spin backwards can't able to push

As mentioned multiple times, this is normal and you will find it on any RC vehicle or even automobile where the tires are connected to the drive train.

IF you are having problems with it moving when all four tires are on the ground it could be one of the differentials is in upside down. Start the engine, if you have a reversing transmission make sure it is in forward and give it a little bit of throttle with the tires off the ground and all four should spin the same way. If the fronts spin the opposite of the rears you found your problem. The one going in reverse needs to have the differential turned around.

The other problem is that if the clutch shoes and/or spring are broken it will engage the engine so when you push by hand it will want to turn the engine over.

Until you realize it is normal that when you spin the right tire and the left moves in the opposite direction we will continue to go around and around with this "problem" when there is not one.
    Last edited by Double G; 08-14-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    As mentioned multiple times, this is normal and you will find it on any RC vehicle or even automobile where the tires are connected to the drive train.

IF you are having problems with it moving when all four tires are on the ground it could be one of the differentials is in upside down. Start the engine, if you have a reversing transmission make sure it is in forward and give it a little bit of throttle with the tires off the ground and all four should spin the same way. If the fronts spin the opposite of the rears you found your problem. The one going in reverse needs to have the differential turned around.

The other problem is that if the clutch shoes and/or spring are broken it will engage the engine so when you push by hand it will want to turn the engine over.

Until you realize it is normal that when you spin the right tire and the left moves in the opposite direction we will continue to go around and around with this "problem" when there is not one.

Okay thanks Double G i will get back to you soon once i get my connector wiring harness EX-Start 4579X

Will be trying to start it up once i get the cablel.

RC Racer
    Did anybody do some work on this? I remember once I had the diffs outta my Flux XS and threw it all back to test it out and the front tires were spinning forwards and the rears were going backwards. I've always triple-checked the direction of the diffs when they go back in anything now lol. On that truck the diff sits in the bulkhead and can go in either direction, I'm not sure I 100% understand the OP but is this the problem you are having? Can Revo diffs be installed reversed?

Quote Originally Posted by RCJuice View Post
    Did anybody do some work on this? I remember once I had the diffs outta my Flux XS and threw it all back to test it out and the front tires were spinning forwards and the rears were going backwards. I've always triple-checked the direction of the diffs when they go back in anything now lol. On that truck the diff sits in the bulkhead and can go in either direction, I'm not sure I 100% understand the OP but is this the problem you are having? Can Revo diffs be installed reversed?
    Not too sure if the revo diffs can be in reverse, but at least it is indicated which has to be on top when installing the diff.

In the babove thread, the OP has not even operated the truck so he/she still have not yet got a trial out of it....and doesn not yet understand how the diffs work yet...
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    Yes the revo diffs can be reversed.. But what the op is describing is how an open diff works.