RC poster

brand new tmax dont move

Took My TMAXX out to break in today. It starts and idles, but will not go forward or reverse. I messed with it for a bit, but dont want to go outside the break in process just trying to figure out why it wont go into gear. Please help. I fly Planes, but this is my first Nitro Truck.

bunji69
    Did you check the linkage? Is the enginge reving when you give it throttle? If the engine revs, but the truck doesn't move, take a look with the top off to see if the spur gear is spinning as the engine is reved. If it is, the tranny may be stuck in nuetral which happens from time to time. Try to get the idle down a bit then try to switch the forward/reverse button. The idle has to be low for the tranny to switch between forward/reverse. switch it, then give a little throttle and it should go. Be careful not to rev the engine too much with no load. Hope this helps.

RC poster
    All seems to be working. Should I turn the High Speed Needle to rich to get it to slow down the idle? I havent even broke the engine in yet. Already burnt 1/4 tank of gas trying to get it to move. Mostly at idle, but I have idled it up a little thinking maybe that would make it move.

RC Racer
    When I broke mine in I had to help it get going throughout the first tank..just gave it a little push until it got moving on its own. This went away on the second tank. If its stuck between gears, just switch back and forth from for. to rev. and it should engage.

RC poster
    Still wont go on its own. In MO (Misourri) and it is about 50 degrees. I think I need to lean it out a bit? Floods really easy. Any suggestions? maybe 3 turns out instead of 4. Man this is a pain in the butt compaired to my planes. Just keep pluggin away. Also, I have burnt almost a half tank just trying to get it to work. Do you think this will hurt my break in process?

RC Qualifier
    Hey im in missouri too, what part? I'm in st. louis, if your near there I could take a look at it. You say when you rev the engine it turns the spur but no movement? Try applying the brake and then shifting into reverse/forward a couple times and then give it some gas. Mine gets stuck in nuetral alot.

RC Enthusiast
    Missouri????...me too!

I live in Jefferson City. Had a T-mAxx for about a month now.

I ran mine yesterday in same weather...really did not need to be richened at all.

It takes mine awhile to warm up....too much WD40 in it last time. (manual says to do 2-3 times...too much...motor was full of WD40.

I have a gallon of nitro thru mine...running good. Little tweaking to do.