RC poster

electronics question

Hey guys need some help asap, I took my boat out today, and drove it, but at the end it started going crazy, the steering servo was going wild and so was the acceleration one. Why do these continue to do this? I tried to dry them out, and dont want to turn them on till i find out the problem, Why are these things going wild? Thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    try replacing the batterys and if this dont work try dipping reciver in denatured alchohol

please do not get mad if this ruins your electronics......i doubt it will ...ive done it ,but it is risky check for metal to metal contact

RC Competitor
    My Vee did the exact same thing when the reciever and servos got some moisture in them. I removed the bottom plates and dried them out with a hair dryer on low heat (be careful not to apply enough heat to soften the plastic). The entire system operated like new. I have since water proofed all of the parts, except the on/off switch and not had any more problems with erratic servos.

Try it, you'll like it.

RC poster

Waterproofing electronic

How do you go about perfectly water proofing your electronics?
    thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Get the stuff at hard ware stores that You dip your tools in to get better grip on and dip you servo up to the gear head. Make sure that you don't let it touch the gear on top or else it will slow down your servo speed.
    Surfer
    *Traxxas Nitro Vee *OFNA 9.5
    *Traxxas T-Maxx *Team Associated NTC3
    *ProBoat MissBudwieser *HPI Savage

RC Enthusiast
    3m #270 is a sealer that one ESC builder uses (RC-Hydros) which is the best out there anyway.

You can also use it on the radio but not on the freq chip.