Thread: Miss Budweiser

RC Qualifier

Miss Budweiser

Not to be rude posting another brand...but. I am getting a 1/12 Miss Budd Monday. I own a few boats including a Nitro Vee so I am wondering if any of you guys have one of these. Do you like it? Handleing ok? Hop ups?
    I love my Nitro Vee and look foward to racing these two boats. I've hopped up the N/V so it may keep up will see.
    SIR. YES SIR.

RC Qualifier
    I've got one in the closet that I will get for christmas from my mom.
    Surfer
    *Traxxas Nitro Vee *OFNA 9.5
    *Traxxas T-Maxx *Team Associated NTC3
    *ProBoat MissBudwieser *HPI Savage

RC Qualifier
    I almost ordered one from Horizon Hobbies about a week ago. I went to there site to order it and thought before I did I wanted to look at more information about the boat. I downloaded a PDF of the manual and on the second or third page it said...
    "This boat is designed to only turn to the right. Do not attempt to turn to the left or the boat will flip over."

Is this a common thing for hydro's? Only turning to the right?

I LOVE everything else about this boat except for the right hand turn thing.

Hobbico also came out with two new boats this year. An Airboat with a .46, and a Vee with a .15ps.

RC Qualifier
    I like this boat alot too, and I want one.
    I've heard you can put a turn fin on the left side so you can turn left also. THis is set up as a entry level racing boat, and in most races you turn right.
    "Why make trillions when we could make.......BILLIONS?"
    -Dr. Evil
    The fast and the furious is full of ricemobiles

RC Qualifier
    Got the MB yesterday..One word SWEET. I love the paint color. Very life like. I Don't know about adding a left turn fin. I think I'll just get used to going right. I've notice the NV likes to go right as well. Here's a pic of MB next to the Vee. I'll post a movie of the two racing this weekend.
    SIR. YES SIR.

RC Qualifier
    Post info on break-in. I'm getting one on Christmas. So any precautions are appreciated.
    Surfer

RC Qualifier
    a friend of mine used to race r/c boats and he says that you have to have completely flat calm water to run on or the flip easily. but i still would love to have one.

Hydro Nut

Thumbs up Re: Miss Budweiser

Originally posted by Nitrolovr
    Not to be rude posting another brand...but. I am getting a 1/12 Miss Budd Monday. I own a few boats including a Nitro Vee so I am wondering if any of you guys have one of these. Do you like it? Handleing ok? Hop ups?
    I love my Nitro Vee and look foward to racing these two boats. I've hopped up the N/V so it may keep up will see.
    I recently got the Miss bud and it's a nice hydro. Itís fast for an out of the box, but the only thing I didn't like about it is the direct drive. The boat makes quick right turns and also left, but I wouldn't recommend left at full speed. The Nitro Vee has the RTS (Return To shore) system and I'm trying to find out if it will fit in the Miss bud. If you're going to get this hydro here's a few tips. 1. Use 3M foam tape to seal the sides of the hull where the cockpit closes and also put some inside the cockpit about 1/4 inch or just below the Budweiser letters. 2. They recommend using 3M tape to seal the electronics compartment, but the tape tends to get wet and come apart. I once again used 3M foam tape and installed it right around the edge. I also cut a rubber band to stick it on top of the 3M foam so it will make a tighter seal when you screw down the new plexy glass. I drilled six holes to mount the screws and used epoxy to keep them in place. I tried using lock nuts, but they tend to loosen the screws so I just used butterfly nuts. I cut a piece of latex glove to make the switch water proof. 3. I took out the servos and took them apart to seal the electronics with 3M Marine Adhesive sealant 5200. (You can find this at home depot). Just to be on the safe side try not to turn on your electronics until the adhesive dries. Give it about 1 day. 4. I put some electrical tape around the receiver to seal it better. 5. Check your rubber boots to make sure that thereís no water going in the boat. I recommend putting some marine adhesive around the rubber boot thatís located in the outside of the boat. All of these mods made a big difference. Next thing will be installing a metal prop. I hear it makes a big diffrence in speed. Good luck with your hydro.

RC Enthusiast
    These boats race in an oval...the reason they are built for one way turns. Models turn right for racing but the real ones go left. Miss Bud comes to our lake every summer to sert records. In September he ran 192 mph and went by me no more than 40 ' away. I have some great video but need to get it uploaded.

They will turn the other way just slow it down.

Nice boat...a bit heavy. I hear they can be hard to come out of the hole so some even toss it a bit and hit the gas.

I would try a Octura 432 or 435 on it. Watch the RPM...if you have lots of rpm youmay be able to prop on up a bit more but you suffer the low end.

RC Enthusiast
    For water you need to spray your inside of servos and ESC and radio with Aerotrend...it keep moisture out and works well.

RC Qualifier
    Nitro doesn't use an ESC.
    Surfer

RC Qualifier

Re: Re: Miss Budweiser

Originally posted by Hydro Nut

I recently got the Miss bud and it's a nice hydro. Itís fast for an out of the box, but the only thing I didn't like about it is the direct drive. The boat makes quick right turns and also left, but I wouldn't recommend left at full speed. The Nitro Vee has the RTS (Return To shore) system and I'm trying to find out if it will fit in the Miss bud. If you're going to get this hydro here's a few tips. 1. Use 3M foam tape to seal the sides of the hull where the cockpit closes and also put some inside the cockpit about 1/4 inch or just below the Budweiser letters. 2. They recommend using 3M tape to seal the electronics compartment, but the tape tends to get wet and come apart. I once again used 3M foam tape and installed it right around the edge. I also cut a rubber band to stick it on top of the 3M foam so it will make a tighter seal when you screw down the new plexy glass. I drilled six holes to mount the screws and used epoxy to keep them in place. I tried using lock nuts, but they tend to loosen the screws so I just used butterfly nuts. I cut a piece of latex glove to make the switch water proof. 3. I took out the servos and took them apart to seal the electronics with 3M Marine Adhesive sealant 5200. (You can find this at home depot). Just to be on the safe side try not to turn on your electronics until the adhesive dries. Give it about 1 day. 4. I put some electrical tape around the receiver to seal it better. 5. Check your rubber boots to make sure that thereís no water going in the boat. I recommend putting some marine adhesive around the rubber boot thatís located in the outside of the boat. All of these mods made a big difference. Next thing will be installing a metal prop. I hear it makes a big diffrence in speed. Good luck with your hydro.
    Thanks for the info Hydro nut and welcome to the board! I was wondering abouth the seal aroud the cowl. I suspected water would be a problem. A metal prop is going to be my first mod. Hopefully the stuffing tube can handle the stress of a metal prop. I put an Octura x440 on the NV and were talking much better performance with no problems.[img] http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/fd05d20f.jpg[/img] The shaft support on the MB doesn't look to sturdy though. It's fiberglass so maybe it is? I'll use your suggestions on the tape, thanks. Last weekend it rained on Sat and was windy on Sunday Hopefully I'll get to run it this weekend. Ben
    SIR. YES SIR.

Hydro Nut

Unhappy Re: Miss Budweiser

To those who bought the Miss bud' and are looking for a clutch or trying to find out if the nitro Vee will fit it will not work. There is no clutch for miss bud' that I know of yet and the nitro vee is too long and it will not fit cuz of the gas tank. If any one knows about a clutch for miss bud' I'll be glad to know.

RC poster
    Where are the videos?
    Me want videos.

cooldude3552000
    Can you please email the videos to me. cooldude3552000@yahoo.com

RC Competitor
    I had nothing but problems with the miss budwiser. 3 of the LHS in my area stoped selling them do to all the problems people are running into with them. Sorry to say but it was a loss to me! I didn't like it.
    Drive fast and swerve ( they modified my good saying=( said it had bad content )

cooldude3552000
    sell it on ebay

RC Competitor
    I already sold it back to my LHS. The got horizon to take it back so they gave me the credit and that is what i bought my vee with haha. Too bad my vee looks notiong like one anymore haha. The stickers will be done in a month or 2 for it as well as the rest of the airbrush work i'm doing on it so look for upcomming pics on my web page in the moths to come. I also bought my Baby brother a Nitro 4 tec for his birthday yesterday so i'll be posing pics of the viper body i'm air brushing for it.
    Drive fast and swerve ( they modified my good saying=( said it had bad content )

cooldude3552000
    How fast does the miss bud go stock

RC Qualifier
    What kind of problems did you have with it. I've been thinking about getting one myself. I love my nitro vee. That thing is pretty much trouble free!!

thanks

cooldude3552000
    The nitro vee is trouble free if you NEVER EVER drive(not even once) and just use it for show.

RC Competitor
    THe engine on the miss bud is garbage to beign with all my LHS stoped selling them cause of constant returns. I had 2 of them and they both never ran right. ONE of then had a damanged engine right out of the box and the other one had a hole in the fiberglass hull out of the box. It looks awsome and when it works it's sweet but all and all it's . The nitro vee has a lot of problems too but i am able to deal with them and fix them as they come up. The miss bud is a nice hull but everythign else is .

cooldude3552000
    The way they sell most miss buds are because a newbee comes into a hobby shop and thinks it looks cool and don't read about it online first they just buy it.