New [Swami-RC] Video "Dirt Flinging Duo"

This is a crosspost from the Stampede Forum:

Hi Everyone,

I've got another video for your viewing pleasure. This movie stars my SlamPede, but features for the first time my Rustler. My onyx got so hot after the first pack that I just decided to run my Rustler around the same terrain.

This is a construction site I took my son one day. We weren't having much luck getting over the 11 foot hill with just 6-cells. We had so much fun there, I came back with the camera after he went down for a nap - armed with an 8-cell setup!

My Titanite bit the dust after the last couple of videos, running 10 cells through it. Very bad for the motor. I couldn't find another one locally, so I picked up an Onyx. Same speed and power, just runs a lot hotter.

Let see who can guess both of the songs I've used, it shouldn't be that hard for this crowd

Just go to www.swami-rc.com. Click Videos, the new one is listed at the top - "Dirt Flinging Duo"

Enjoy!

Swami

RC Racer
    Cool video's as usual Drennen.......you soundtracks rule. This video was definitely a "Vulgar Display of Power". Metallica and Pantera rules.
    Last edited by dudnone; 01-31-2003 at 01:27 PM.
    Nitro 4-Tec, T-Maxx 2.5, Elec. Stampede, Elec. Rus

RC Qualifier
    Swami, (I'm not sure if I've asked before), but what editing software do you use?

Adobe Premiere does everything I need except text. So I do everything in Premiere first, export it. Then I use Pinnacle Studio to apply any text, and then I use it to export to the WMV format in 1500,384, and 128kbps bit rates.

Swami

RC Qualifier
    Thanks swami

too funny
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 01-31-2003 at 09:59 PM.
    "lets roll"

http://community.webshots.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/zoom_123

RC Qualifier
    Like the vids. I'm hoping to get some videos soon. (I'm using Vegas Video).

RC Racer
    I would have to say wall of death is my favourite

RC Racer
    Why don't you run the rusty more?
    If Nitro is so good, why are so many more people driving electric?
    If Nitro is so much fun, why do tracks have one Nitro sedan race and four electric sedan races?
    Why are there so few off road tracks?

Wall of Death is my favorite too.

Not sure how to top that one either!

The reason I don't run the Rusty more, is because 1) I just got it together a couple weeks ago, and 2) While I find the Rusty handles better, the "random factor" in the Stampede handling is what makes it so fun to me. Plus bigger tires roll over obstacles easier.

Swami

Great video as usual; apart from sound track i hate rock lol

im interested whats ur set up and especially what batts and wha tis run time like?

cheers

I cant wait to get a mod for my my rusty
    I just got tired of my account so I started bashing Traxxas!

hate rock?

I can't wait to see your videos when they come out and you've got "Wham" as a soundtrack! just kidding.

I usually run a 14 or 15 turn motor geared 12 or 13 on the pinion. When I video I use my best batts. That being Sanyo NiCd RC2400 cells (which are the "best" NiCds available).

Of course running EIGHT of those helped the truck zoom right over that big hill.

Sorry you didn't like the music, I will check with you next time before I make a video

Swami

lol no everyoen ahsd their opinion lol, hope your not offended, ive linked you on my site, very very very very good vids mate, my dad even likes em lol.
    Id have some Drum and bass or some hip up, prob souldnt suit it but hey lol

as i say great vids and ur on my links page
    keep up the work
    I just got tired of my account so I started bashing Traxxas!

RC Qualifier

Cool

Yeah, your videos are great...I have most of them downloaded on my PC...downloading your new one as I type. I recently put a t.v. card in one of my PCs so that I could transfer videos from my camcorder to my computer. I'm getting Video Studio 5 and hoping that I can make some videos soon.

RC Racer

Awesome

That is a awesome vid is the rusty in most of the vid?

No harm Powelly, thanks for the kind words.

Glad you guys liked it.

bvsciguy > The Rusty is in about half of it. It is the one with the unpainted lid and smaller tires. My Slampede was white with purple splash and large tires.

Black Knight > Cool man. I'd love to see some more videos. There aren't enough of us making em with sound/music and all.

Swami

hey swami could u do me a favor and post a lis of all ur hop ups for ur rusty id apreciate it

p.s. awsome trucks and awsome vids cant wait to order the wheely bar

Thats great man, I cant wait to accept that order! lol

The Rusty in that video is a bit of a schizo. I bought a Rusty kit, but a couple of months ago I bought a used Stampede as a backup truck.

When I wanted that Rusty built, I used what I needed from the kit, but I just took the front and backends off of the used Pede. It has a motor with a 14T pinion in it. Truth is I have NO IDEA what the motor is. I KIND of looks like an SG2 Platinum 13x3, but I am not sure. I hooked up my ole trusty (incinerated) F1 LRP Power Reverse ESC.

It has 5x8 bearings, half of which are broken. The axles are just wobbling around in the carriers. I know, its criminal! I just ordered new RPM carriers to upgrade it to the 5x11 bearings like in my Pede.

For a list of my Pede hopups, just look under 'Swami's Ride' at www.swami-rc.com

RC Champion
    Swami-

With the lowered mounts, Do you really need rear posts? I dont normally use mine, or on the top of the shock tower, is a "mount", if you cut alittle area in the body for the wires, you could use that

Raxxas
    www.geocities.com/raxxas12
    Under Construction, more to come!

I read that a couple of times, and just don't understand what it is you're saying.

To use a flatbed body or any body that doesnt' have a "dip" in the center like a Rustler body, you either have to extend the central post (making for a wobbly lid) or you need two posts IMO.

That central post works great for the few lids that are designed to use it.

Did you mean something else?

Swami

RC Champion
    The top of your shock tower, has a body post lookin' thing... if you make some minor adjustments to the body, it'll be lower.

Do you mean the post in the center of this? (This is a nitro tower, but its almost the same)
    You'll notice it is not "at the top" it is sunk in.

So minor adjustments, in the case of a non-rustler body... would that be like BIG HOLES for the shock caps to slip through the lid?!

Swami
    Last edited by Swami; 02-10-2003 at 05:50 PM.

RC Champion
    Shouldn't have to be that big, but just an idea.

I dont use rear mounts in the first place, because I like the cool effect of the back of the body flyin' around, yet comes back into place.

you run your pede without rear mounts? Just front mounts?

That would be a bad idea for me. I am sure I could rip that lid right off the front mounts in a matter of minutes! A good barrel roll would severely stress the lid around the front mounts.

I could get away with that with my "street rod" though. It doesn't roll, doesn't wheelie either. So it should stay on there fairly relaxed! lol

Swami