Thread: Pede or Rusty

RC Racer

Pede or Rusty

Which would you prefer out of the Rustler or the Stampede

RC Qualifier
    Your askin us so we're all gonna say the pede. The pede has more ground clearance and can more easily suck up the bumps plus you don't have to share a fourm with the bandit guys. It has a lot of hop ups and is slightly more popular than the rustler. The rustler is going to fly a little flatter becasue of the flat bottomed chassies and the pede is going to take more skill to be able to keep it from nose diving and landing rear end first but you only really have to do that when you go off a huge jump and are really up there. You will have a sight like Misbehavin's to help you with almost any delimma that you might have and you have us and we can help you with just about anything. I myself know about 1/10000000000 of what some of the guys know but I have run into enough problems to help you out with the stuff. personally I think you should go for the pede because if you don't like it is a little easier to sell than a rustler not that you would have any reason to sell it.
    I roll on 26's.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Big_Shanaenae's Avatar

Lightbulb Pede.

Originally posted by bvsciguy
    Which would you prefer out of the Rustler or the Stampede
    nuff said. Bigger tires, bigger basher.
    Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire
    and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm!

How many times has a Rustler VS Pede conversation popped up in this board... Ill start counting and get back to you in a week when i have all the links to similar conversations. PSST: Its not hard to find a conversation that already exists like this, you can probably get your answer from another post.

I'm pretty sure you can expect most of the votes in the Stampede forum to be for the Stampede.

The Stampede is going to a better "all-terrain" vehicle, because it has more clearance and bigger tires to soak up bigger bumps.

But, you can make up for that by just putting big tires on the Rusty.

The Rustler, with big or small tires, will handle better, meaning its going to be a better platform for racing on tracks.

The Stampede with its high center of gravity makes it the best wheelie machine available, and it also does cool barrel rolls (traction rolls). If you don't want any of that, go with the Rustler.

Last difference, is the Pede is higher in the air, and has a more Monster Truck look than the Rusty.

Swami

RC Racer
    I have and like both! But the Pede is more fun in the backyard!
    Nitro 4-Tec, T-Maxx 2.5, Elec. Stampede, Elec. Rus

RC Competitor
    Hey supergerbel, The search function is not working on Traxxas's forums right now, so he couldn't go and search (unless he wanted to browse the topics). I don't think you need to go find all the discussions about this. Why don't the moderators make a faq for these types of questions, and make it a sticky topic.

Anyway, I think you should go with a pede unless you have a offroad track anywhere near you, cuz you will have the urge to race soon! I'm kind of wishing I had bought a rustler just because of that... But get the stampede if your just starting out in r/c, because it is THE ULTIMATE FUN!

RC Champion
    The stampede is a better choice, its more versatile.
    www.geocities.com/raxxas12
    Under Construction, more to come!

RC Racer
    Is just putting bigger tires on the Rusty going to Make up for most of the Groung clearance on the rusty or how much ride heighth will it gain.

RC Qualifier
    Stampede, bigger, taller, just get the pede, the rustler is too low and small tires for offroading (not racing, hard offroading).

GOOD LUCK!

You can get them RTR at tower for under $200, but if this is your first R/C, I would recomment a kit.
    REVO, E-MAXX, Stampede, Ripper, Mini-T, Micro RS4

RC Champion
    if you want wheelies get the pede.

if you want a better combonation of ground clearence and handeling, get the rustler and pick up some stampede tires. the large tires are all that give the pede more ground clearence, the high cg chassis only gives you wheelies. it also takes away from handeling.

RC Enthusiast
    i got me pede during last jan. broke in spring and i still gotta get it fixed. but when it did work it was great. going from yard to yard. over curbs. over little stone walls and using them as rampsdoin dougnuts in the street while it snowed. chacing my dog in the big lot next door so he got exercise and i stayed warm in side. i love my pede. i wanna get 1 in 4wd now i got stuck some times but i guess thats my fault for goin in the real gooy mud that aborbs those big tires in seconds. owell i say get a pede my friend has rusty it jus didnt perfrom as well...

RC Racer
    i have a rustler and a emaxx and a rc10gt but i want a pede to dose any body know how fast it is stock because some times i dont want to charge 2batts and my rustler bottems out bashing around.
    cool to da maxx

RC Racer
    Originally posted by PeDe_ThRaSeR
    if you want wheelies get the pede.

if you want a better combonation of ground clearence and handeling, get the rustler and pick up some stampede tires. the large tires are all that give the pede more ground clearence, the high cg chassis only gives you wheelies. it also takes away from handeling.
    what do you mean by handling

Just imagine driving a sportscar, like a Boxster, versus driving a huge SUV like an Escalade.

The Boxster is going to have total traction, despite curves, and highspeed, high G manuveurs.

The Escalade trying to do the same things will have a lot of body roll, and loss of traction, due to weight and center of gravity. If it tries to do too much, it will just tip over!! You don't have to worry about wheelieing up in an Escalade, but you do in a Pede, and wheelies are useless on the racetrack (unless used as an intimidation tool! lol )

Same thing with R/C. Lower to the ground / lighter for same tire contact area = better handling. There is a lot of things that go into handling, but I hope I pointed at the basic differences between these vehicles.

Swami

RC Qualifier
    sounds good swami, the pede is a all around truck, street, rough dirt ,tree roots ,parking blocks, inbankments rocky terrain and jumps its built for bashing and nothing more .the rusty is ment to be on a track along side with losi and rc t3 ,were the conditions are maintained or the street and semi rough dirt .i no the stadium trucks and buggys handle and jump better but could a rusty go half the places a pede could no ! so pede bashing and rusty racing they both have there ups and downs. so if your interested in the competitive world off racing get a rusty, or the free and laid back world anything goes of bashing get a pede.
    my other truck has eighteen wheels, born american, teamster by the grace of god. local 692 long beach
    hardcore 2.5 t-maxx n-pede n-4-tec

RC Champion
    what do you mean by handling
    well let me put it this way:
    the stampedes ground clearence has nothing to do with the chassis height!
    this means the tires are the only difference when it comes to measureing ground clearence. the pedes high center chassis does however give it a high CG and makes it all tipsy and wheely-able. if you get a rustler, you can put pede tires on it, have the same ground clearence And a lower center of gravity(CG)