Thread: Servo lid...

RC poster

Servo lid...

I installed alum. servo mounts for the shifting servo and throttle servo. I have broke the shifting sevro cover now 2 times. Anyone know why this is happening? I almost want to put my stock ones back on. Thanks for all your help people

Czarbash

RC Racer
    Well it's not becasue of your servo mounts, its the screws. The Servo tabs tend to break off if the screws holding them down are to tight and they end up flaring the tab holes out. There's really no real fix to it (well that i've heard of). There was a guy on Maxx Traxx who made some servo tab holders out of aluminum which prevented the tabs from flaring out. Don't know if he makes them anymore though and i'm not to sure who really made them.
    GOT NITRO???

RC Racer

servo grommets

Servos, when you buy them come with rubber grommets. Sometimes they are round or square. When mounting a servo they compress and expand inside the plastic flange and also squeeze the screw. Putting a small washer on the screw improves this process. In this way you do not have to clamp down on the flange and distort it. I am not sure why Traxxas does not mount their servos this way. I redid mine and they are rock solid, plus the grommets will absorb some shock. You should be able to get grommets at LHS.

Spinman

LUV the throttle

RC poster
    Ok spinman, I'm off to the lhs for some grommets. Thanks for the advice.

Xlerator, lhs guy is looking into finding some alum servo lids. Will post if he finds any. Thanks.

Czarbash

RC Racer
    Don't know of any aluminum servo lids, but i did see some aluminum servo cases (the parts without the tabs). The aluminum tab covers i'm talking about fit over the plastic tabs. Two holes are on top so you can screw them into place. Not sure if the guy makes them anymore.
    GOT NITRO???

RC Racer
    My company is the manufacturer of the Servo Clamps that you are looking for. Please contact me if you are still in need of some.
    Last edited by maxxhybrids; 07-27-2003 at 09:06 PM.

RC Racer
    servo tops would be hard to make for an affordable price. if you look at a listing of servos, you will notice that there really isn't a standard size. every servo model might have a different dimension, depending on the internals.

and don't get those al servo bodies. they are good for looks but that is about it. they are supposed to cool down servos, but servos don't draw enough juice to heat up to the extent to need a heat sink.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds - Albert Einstein

RC Competitor
    Czarbash,

I made a cheep mod that spreads the pressure of the screws out, some time ago. Seems to be working good for me.

Here is the post:

My Servo mounting mod
    If your dad ask "Do I Look Stupid?" Don't Answer!!

SERVO CLAMPS

MAXXHYBRIDS HOW MUCH DOES SERVO CLAMPS?