RC Enthusiast

Help I keep having to re-pick the throttle profile

Hey all, I've had a couple t-maxx's for a while and now I've got a E-maxx to!!! Everthing still stock sept I've converted to 7-cell packs.

Anyways ever since I've had this thing (even when runnin 6 cell packs) I have to keep re-picking the throttle profile. Somethimes I plug in the batteries, turn on the transmitter turn on the e-maxx then give it some gas it will take off for just a second then stop. All the servos still respond but when I try forward or reverse I just get a green light on the esc. To fix it I hold the button down on the esc till is goes solid red then green and release the button. (this is the procedure for picking your throttle profile) the light will then blink red once, meaning profile 1 is selected then I wait till the red light comes back on and all is fine the emaxx works great.

Seems like I have to do this ever three or for times that I connect a fresh set of batts.

Anybody know why I have to do this???
    GOT MAXX?
    Fantom .18 witha Sirio B/B Pipe, Integy MSR4 PiggyBacks, alum bulkheads and shock towers, Proline RoadRage 40 Series Tires

RC Racer
    I have bad news for you. A tiny little component of your EVX is busted. But before you send it in I must warn you of the consequences. For some reason Traxxas takes forever and a ' day to give you back your EVX, so you if you can live with fiddling with the profile just deal with it. Just call Traxxas every once in a while to see how long it will take to repair yours.
    "Same old pond, frog jumps - plop" - Basho || For the love of *insert deity*, will you use proper grammar and punctuation?

RC Enthusiast
    So what if I just wanna buy a different esc? What's a good replacement for the stock one? Doesn't have to be that much better than stock one, maybe something that will let me run 16 cells or whatever, just a little better... This is my first electric, I don't know much about moddin' e-maxx's yet but I'm sure I'll get into it eventually...
    GOT MAXX?
    Fantom .18 witha Sirio B/B Pipe, Integy MSR4 PiggyBacks, alum bulkheads and shock towers, Proline RoadRage 40 Series Tires

RC Qualifier
    speaking from experience traxxas has fixxed the supply prob. you should get it back in a couple of days. call or email them to check on your problem and turn around time. 1-888-traxxas or support@traxxas.com.

good luck
    From Dayton, Cincinnati, or Columbus, OH? Then check out CRCRC, indoor track in Columbus. www.crcrc.com . Also check out www.ohionitro.com ... Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting aloud, "I lived life like my E-Maxx".

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas didn't even take 2 weeks to get mine back. People were having trouble b/c of a supply shortage or something.

How old is your E-Maxx? If it is under warranty, send it in and have it fixed for free.
    If it isn't under warranty, send it in for $20 to have it fixed/replaced and always have a spare if you do decide to get a new one.
    Run 'em 'til they break

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I will send it in but I don't want my son to be without his maxx for then next two weeks, we're running out of nice weather here in michigan.

What's a good esc that I could replace mine with that will work with that stock titans and 7-cell packs and also has some room for adding more punch later. I know I'm gonna start supin this thing up sooner or later anyways...
    GOT MAXX?

RC Racer
    ESC for twin titans on fourteen cells... let me think... NONE!! I have an idea for you though. If you have the money, build the truck up. What I mean, is that while the EVX is gone you could figure a bunch of cool mods and they do them while the controller is gone. That way your son still has the truck, and it will be worth waiting for the EVX to get home.
    "Same old pond, frog jumps - plop" - Basho || For the love of *insert deity*, will you use proper grammar and punctuation?