Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RC poster
    I have the original 4Tec from 1999 or so. It ran until last year - now it just won't start. Is it possible to put the newer engine in it?

Yes .
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    does any one now which alumium bellcrank steering will fit the traxxas ntec

RC Enthusiast
    I totally agree with the guys about 15-20 posts before this one. Traxxas really does need to come out with either a brushless 4-tec or a totally new brushless on road. However, since traxxas has dropped the ball on the 4-tec there have been a couple of talented guys making conversion kits for the 4-tec. i sent mine out and had it done by a gentleman named clay from "outlaw" rc. its absolutely stunning. By the way, i love the nitro 4-tec, the main gripe i have with it is the BRAKES are horrible, i had completely melted the brakes on just a couple speed passes. i had replaced than and ended up melting them again. after that i had sent it out to be converted. you guys can check out my sick brushless 4-tec here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_RwR5IoOjc. LNolo82, there is no aluminum bellcrank for the 4-tec.

One of the problems with the brakes is how the brake mount is made out of plastic, unfortunately there is no hop up for this issue, doing 60-80 mph speed runs and hitting the brakes at that speed just heats them up so bad and renders them useless after just a couple passes. the brake should have been a metal piece with a composite pad like the revo has on the front. it should have been anything that works really. the brakes that are on it absolutely do not work worth . i hate to sound so harsh or anti traxxas, but its the truth. i love traxxas products by the way. There are so many things traxxas could release and would most certainly sell big.

*watch the language
    Last edited by Double G; 11-03-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: clutter reduction and language

RC Qualifier
    I really doubt they will make a electric 4 tec epecially since touring cars are pretty dead now.
    I saw how clay had his and i liked tbe motor mount but i did not like the battery so high it is to much weight to have that high. I made my on mount and battery hold down and it is really a joy to drive it will go 60 all day without even breaking a sweat, im sure i can make it hit 80 on 3s.

RC poster
    Hello, so iv started using hps x-cut D compound tires and they have a crazy amount of grip so much so that the factory glue can't seem to hold up and I peeled 2 tires one almost completely off in the space of about 2 tanks of fuel, I don't want to give up the cornering speed iv gained because the glue can't handle it so I'm just wondering g if somebody can suggest a glue or glue type that might hold the stress a lil better?

RC poster
    You may have to buy the thickest tire glue you can find and wait a day or 2 for it to cure, depends on brand and how thick it is.

RC poster

I have 3 4tecs and I'm having problems keeping them from stalling out. Two are 1.5s

[QUOTE=OneBigMan647;1365197]Continuation......

PIPE & HEADER: These two parts make up your exhaust system. Let's start with the header. The header connects your pipe with your engine. When buying a header, you must always check that the opening for the exhaust port on your engine match, and the header isn't blocking any of the port. You want to get a header with the largest diameter possible. You can do "header tuning" for your car, you can cut the header for higher-rpm's, or leave the header alone if you want low-end power. There are many different features and characteristics of a pipe. There are single, double, and triple chamber pipe, usually the more chambers, the quiter the exhaust is. I don't really know what performance difference there is in the amount of chambers. Some characteristics of pipes are backpressure, the width on the belly of the pipe, the length of the stinger, and much more. Usually a fat looking pipe is more for low-end power, a thin, slim pipe is made for more top-end power. The more backpressure the better, since the engine is a 2-stroke, there WILL be un-burne fuel coming into the pipe, so what the pipe does is use backpressure and take some of the fuel back into the engine to get burned. Some pipes, such as the paris turbo ring pipe have ripples for backpressure. Many different companies make pipes. I have the paris turbo ring pipe, in my opinion, that is the best low-end pipe you can get for your car, without sacrifcing any low-end. Some companies just make a fat pipe and it'll give low-end power, but it will sacrifice some top-end, but the paris turbo ring pipe will give power and keep the same top-speed.

GEARING: Gearing is very important, and can boost your acceleration or your top-end more than buying a new engine. If you run in a tight spot, traxxas optional gearing is the way to go. Lower gearing makes a HUGE difference, but it WILL sacrifice alot of top-end, but it's always better to have more low-end than top-end. Gearing makes a big difference for a small price, http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=GEARS&S3=&S4= the first four are for the nitro 4-tec.

CLUTCH: Clutch's are a very cool upgrade. When you upgrade your clutch, your going to get a clutch that is lighter. So it'll take more rpm's to engage the car. So the engine is going to rev some more before it engages, causing a greater boost of power. But alot of the time lighter clutch's slip, so it's best to keep the stock clutch, and flip it, flipping the clutch will make it engage a little later because the change of position. MIP sells lighter clutches for the nitro 4-tec: http://miponline.com/tenthclutch.html it shows the 4-tec clutch on there.

AIRFILTER: The airfilter plays a major role in the engine, without the airfilter, your engine would've probably have been gone by now. Upgrading your airfilter makes a little bit of a performance increase, but usually people buy a better airfilter for the increased cleaning, not the speed. You want to get the most airflow you can possibly get out of your car. There are two types of filters, paper and foam filters, foam is better for dusty surfaces. But paper filters have a better airflow and is great for on-road, k&n is a paper airfilter with great airflow. But if you want to get a foam filter, motorsaver will be the best choice for a foam filter.

ENGINE: The engine is what makes your car move. Getting a new engine is great. You get more power and it feels like a whole new car. There are many brands of engines,o.s.,traxxas,xtm,picco,sirio,rossi,novaros si,ofna, and more. When getting a new engine, you want to look for features such as a rear exhaust, 3-needle carb, ABC construction, a knifed con-rod,and at least 4 ports. Some engines have special characteristics, the picco(what i have),sirio,novarossi, and rossi are very punchy engines on the low-end and have lot's of top-end, these are basically the good top of the line engines. These are very re-liable and easy to tune, some people say they are hard to tune, they are not, they just have a very sensitive carb, so you must tune very gently, my picco is AWESOME, it gives absolubtely no problems, great power and very puncy,idle's great, hold[QUOTE]

I have 3 4tecs and I keep having problems keeping them from stalling out. One is a 3.3 and the other two are 1.5s.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234