Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RC poster
    I have the original 4Tec from 1999 or so. It ran until last year - now it just won't start. Is it possible to put the newer engine in it?

Yes .
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    does any one now which alumium bellcrank steering will fit the traxxas ntec

RC Enthusiast
    I totally agree with the guys about 15-20 posts before this one. Traxxas really does need to come out with either a brushless 4-tec or a totally new brushless on road. However, since traxxas has dropped the ball on the 4-tec there have been a couple of talented guys making conversion kits for the 4-tec. i sent mine out and had it done by a gentleman named clay from "outlaw" rc. its absolutely stunning. By the way, i love the nitro 4-tec, the main gripe i have with it is the BRAKES are horrible, i had completely melted the brakes on just a couple speed passes. i had replaced than and ended up melting them again. after that i had sent it out to be converted. you guys can check out my sick brushless 4-tec here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_RwR5IoOjc. LNolo82, there is no aluminum bellcrank for the 4-tec.

One of the problems with the brakes is how the brake mount is made out of plastic, unfortunately there is no hop up for this issue, doing 60-80 mph speed runs and hitting the brakes at that speed just heats them up so bad and renders them useless after just a couple passes. the brake should have been a metal piece with a composite pad like the revo has on the front. it should have been anything that works really. the brakes that are on it absolutely do not work worth . i hate to sound so harsh or anti traxxas, but its the truth. i love traxxas products by the way. There are so many things traxxas could release and would most certainly sell big.

*watch the language
    Last edited by Double G; 11-03-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: clutter reduction and language

RC Qualifier
    I really doubt they will make a electric 4 tec epecially since touring cars are pretty dead now.
    I saw how clay had his and i liked tbe motor mount but i did not like the battery so high it is to much weight to have that high. I made my on mount and battery hold down and it is really a joy to drive it will go 60 all day without even breaking a sweat, im sure i can make it hit 80 on 3s.

RC poster
    Hello, so iv started using hps x-cut D compound tires and they have a crazy amount of grip so much so that the factory glue can't seem to hold up and I peeled 2 tires one almost completely off in the space of about 2 tanks of fuel, I don't want to give up the cornering speed iv gained because the glue can't handle it so I'm just wondering g if somebody can suggest a glue or glue type that might hold the stress a lil better?

RC poster
    You may have to buy the thickest tire glue you can find and wait a day or 2 for it to cure, depends on brand and how thick it is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234