Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Competitor

Cool Tmaxx ideas (crazy people welcome)

Ok, so here is where you can post ideas for improvments for the next tmaxx or just post them to see if the idea would be possible.

Ok, I'll start. How about a toothed belt to drive the tranny instead of a clutch bell and spur gear system. It would be able to absorb shock loads and could stop wheelie (if you want that) due to it slipping if there was a lot of force applied. There are a few downsides to it but I think it would be cool if they did bring it out as a kit.
    What do you guys think ?
    Accelerate, Brake, Accelerate, Brake, Accelerate....BREAK !!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Stronger bulks, and a steering servo. The stock one can barely move the throttle!!! One of the frst things that went in my truck!!
    If it didn't break, go back out and try again

RC Qualifier
    Wish it came with a temp guage! This would even help tech support for trouble shooting. Also help with tuning and troubleshooting for the owner.

Wish it came with a failsafe.
    Don't drive like my brother!

RC Qualifier
    Wish it came broken in and tuned out of the box.

RC Champion
    At my local hobby shop, when you buy it there they will break it in for you..
    Visit WisconsinNitro's Tech tips page.
    Your official & best source for WaterProofing (Plasti-Dipping) your TMaxx.
    http://wisconsinnitro.com

RC Racer
    different spring choices and a different color chassis besides blue
    I would do it today but tomorrow sounds better

RC Competitor

Just Crazy

The post said Crazy People Welcome, Thought I should stop by. My suggestion is further extended chassis. Sotck longer would be good. Longer yet after market would be good also. Stock Sway bars of some kind would be nice also. Well for now - Gone Crazt, Back Soon -
    To The Maxx

Re: Tmaxx ideas (crazy people welcome)

Originally posted by athleticmaxx
    Ok, so here is where you can post ideas for improvments for the next tmaxx or just post them to see if the idea would be possible.

Ok, I'll start. How about a toothed belt to drive the tranny instead of a clutch bell and spur gear system. It would be able to absorb shock loads and could stop wheelie (if you want that) due to it slipping if there was a lot of force applied. There are a few downsides to it but I think it would be cool if they did bring it out as a kit.
    What do you guys think ?
    do u realize how many stripped belts u would have???i think a nice big block stock would be nice......everyone else is doing that way.......or even a STOCK twin 2.5.......ofna is bringing out a twin 24-7 sometime soon

RC Champion
    I my self would like to the the New dodge crew cab with the duelly package!
    Visit WisconsinNitro's Tech tips page.
    Your official & best source for WaterProofing (Plasti-Dipping) your TMaxx.
    http://wisconsinnitro.com

RC Racer
    It would be nice to see them use a torque converter on there drive train (if this is possible). This would eliminate alot of weight,mass and it would have speed out the ying yang. This is somthing i am thinking of trying out.

If I ever get a Divorce , she can have everything but my T-Maxx

Banned by Warnings
    Instead of a transmission in that big case make it with to gears on the clutch bell and 2 different spurs for 1st and 2nd gear
    Brad

RC Qualifier

Re: Re: Tmaxx ideas (crazy people welcome)

Originally posted by h22ah

do u realize how many stripped belts u would have???i think a nice big block stock would be nice......everyone else is doing that way.......or even a STOCK twin 2.5.......ofna is bringing out a twin 24-7 sometime soon
    OFNA has it out NOW

my lhs has one in stock and for $650
    has twin .26 motors in it

RC Competitor
    yeah i would love to open up the new maxx and c a sirio or ofna .21 hyper or twin 2.5 i would buy another maxx oh i know im off totopic with this butt it would also be cool to have a .21 in a rustler or 4tec
    dude that curb is geting closer i think you'r rite SMASH!!!

RC Competitor
    1. A traxxas 3.5 engine (.21)
    2. Traxxas Temp guage and Failsafe
    3. Stronger A-Arms and Bulkheads (Aluminium would be good)

If it had all of this, it would be a perfect monster truck
    Rich43

Re: Re: Re: Tmaxx ideas (crazy people welcome)

Originally posted by XCUTIONER

OFNA has it out NOW

my lhs has one in stock and for $650
    has twin .26 motors in it
    i knew it was bigger than a .21.......have u seen one run yet....

RC Racer
    It would be cool to order a custom Maxx with as many hop ups as you want. I my self would still rather do the hop ups myself. But some pps got all the bucks and no time ( just give me) haha
    Go Fast Turn Left

RC Competitor

Re: Just Crazy

what about lighting system for tmaxx? i like to drive tmaxx at night, so it will be helpful if lighting system tailor-made for the model is available. Or... already in the market?

RC Racer
    as someone posted before, i would love to see that transmission case go and maybe just put on a 2-speed spur.
    i love this revo thing

RC Qualifier
    with all of them hop-ups that u guys want stock on this truck would make it too expinsive for poor people like me lol,even tho you would eventually get them anyways

RC Racer

Okay, look, all oyur ideas are awsome and chances are, somebody already has them. I started with a rustler nad when i visited the traxxas website and they said there makeing a new truck, i called my friend brian at my LHS and told him to get me one.2 weeks later my doorbell rings and i get the truck. I opened it and i was shocked. i said to myself, whoh this is got to be the coolest truck ever! but i took it to my LHS later that week, nobody had a clue, what it was. I couldnt find ANY parts for it and everywhere i went people asked me what it was. After i broke it in i started hittin stuff and breakin things so i had to make my own parts, and hop ups. (why? because i got it 3 weeks before they actually sold them and distribute them around. Now, my LHS has a whole section of the store, dedicated to the T-MAXX. I dont make as many parts as i used to years ago. Like i always say
    "If you cant buy it, BUILD IT!
    You Must Be Fast...Cause You Were Haul'n When I Passed You...

Banned by Warnings
    how about a spark plug system? im tired of buying glow plugs cause they only have os plugs at my lhs and it cost 8.99 apiece

RC Champion
    Spark plug wear out too! Althoug not as fast because they are timed with the rotation of the engine.
    It's funny until someone hurts themself then it's hilarious!

Banned by Warnings
    So would it be possible?

RC Racer
    No
    Kyle

Big air....SNAP

RC Qualifier
    yes its possible how you do you think 2 stroke 4 wheelers run but the spark plug being hot a nuff would be the problem and the size

RC Qualifier
    Well it would be nice to have a center diff while keeping the stock Maxx set-up (not a truggy).

My crazy thought? Well how about removing the rear skid plate and bumper and have a braket that would attach at the bulkhead (bumpers) and underneath the bulkhead (skid plate). The braket would have a box where you could mount some model rocket engines (say 5 size D engines). You would then take the reversing servo, mount it to the top of the box.and attach a live wire from the battery box. The rear of the Rocket pack would have another wire that when you hit the red switch on the transmitter would turn the servo with the live wire, connecting with the wire from the box, and then whoosh.... Houston we have lift off. If the current is not enough, then you can have an extra battery pack just for the ignition.

A friend of mine tried this with his nitro Stampede. Wicked, and verticle.

-The Lurker

RC poster
    How about getting rid of the gear type tranny all together and go with a CVT? A Continuously Variable Speed Transmission. This give awesome power at all RPM's and great top speed. It's also a very simple concept. Check out http://www.insightcentral.net/encyclopedia/encvt.html formore info on the concept.
    Fastest is not fast enough!

2 T-Maxx's, 1 SportMaxx, 2 - 1/8th scale New Era Nitro Top Fuel Dragsters, 1 - Losi XXX-NT, and yes I still want more!

Banned by Warnings
    er, that looks just a bit complicated, i'll pass. good idea though, RPM KC

RC poster
    So does an automatic transmission for a full size car, but we RC lovers figured how to make the concept work on an RC car. Don't give up on the idea, just find someone to make it work.
    Fastest is not fast enough!

2 T-Maxx's, 1 SportMaxx, 2 - 1/8th scale New Era Nitro Top Fuel Dragsters, 1 - Losi XXX-NT, and yes I still want more!

Banned by Warnings
    a maxx with fold out 6' wings controlled by a servo and an aerodynamic body.......... now thats crazy

RC Champion
    i would like to see lower gearing in the maxx for more torque. like it would only do like 30 mph. but it would have monster torque.
    Insert random RC related phrase here...

Banned by Warnings
    lower gearing? buy the smallest clutch bell and biggest spur you can find.

RC Racer
    how about an amphibious tmaxx with wings
    Driving in snow is fun

RC Qualifier
    i would only like a t-maxx that wouldnt break period no matter what you do to it except mabey drop it out of a plane of something

RC Qualifier
    A big 4 stroke supercharged, intercooled, and fuel injected engine. That would be nice.

NitrousDairyCow
    ... How about some twin huge 4-stroke engine, one engine will have a turbo and the other will have a supercharger and cat-back exhausts(loud ones) and both engines have nitrous and the t-maxx was 1/3 or 1/4 scale and it'll reach 220mph and the engines had like 500hp... And it ended up to be the same price...$400... that would be tight. And its like as big as a escalade exept it still looked like a 1/10 t-maxx... would be kinda impossible maybe who knows

RC Racer
    My request is simple.....

Make it in kit!!!!!!!

I'd like to see a kit for small block engines as well as a kit for big blocks. Although both kits would benifit, the big block kit should have CVAs, wider arms, beefier bulkheads, beefier diffs, & ti skid plates.
    Mugen, Speedline, Richey Race Engines, and Hitec....Only go with the best!!!

RC Qualifier
    how about a stronger body so it wouldn't mater if u landed on your lid off a jump.

simple but usefull
    .15 Pro T-MAXX

RC Racer
    YEH! MAKE IT IN A KIT!
    You Must Be Fast...Cause You Were Haul'n When I Passed You...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast