Thread: Engine Blowup??

RC Champion

Engine Blowup??

Im debating to mabye buy an E-maxx so there is no risk of the gas engine busting, turning at 50,000 rpms can be a tough job for such a small engine. Please tell me if you have ever had this experienced to you, Thank you

-Joe

Experienced what? Driving a nitro truck? We all have. That's why we're here.

50,000 rpms you'll never see. Spinning extremely fast is not a tough job, it's the only job it has.
    bluemonster-rc.com

RC Qualifier
    They are built for it It's not like taking a normal 1 cylinder 2 stroke engine and making it spin at 50,000 RPMs. These little guys are designed from the ground up to put out mad RPMs and run on premix nitro fuel. Certainly they do break and blow up but many peple get 5+ gallons of fuel through an engine before its toast.

Have you ever seen an engine blow up? ITS A BLAST TO WATCH
    Don't drive like my brother!

RC Champion
    No... im not talkin about driving.. i meant experiencing engine combustion or serious damage.

RC Champion
    I have seen pictures of the engines snapping. but they are pretty rare to see that.. Or at least I think so.

most of the time when you dont take care of the engine you just lose compression in the piston and sleeve.
    Visit WisconsinNitro's Tech tips page.
    Your official & best source for WaterProofing (Plasti-Dipping) your TMaxx.
    http://wisconsinnitro.com

Yeah, I doubt many of us have been lucky enough to witness a nitro engine actually grenade. They usually just wear out.
    bluemonster-rc.com

RC Qualifier
    West Palm Beach, FL - 19ft above sea level
    The one guy who followed his Maxx on a 4 wheeler at WOT, ran for about 7-13 secs before the Engine seized... No Explosions.. Just melted enternal components... And Traxxas will replace your 2.5 motor for ANY reason for $100!!!! Beat that!
    You better watch where your going and remember where you've been... That's the way I see it, I'm a Simple Man. "Charlie Daniels"

RC Qualifier
    ive seen a few pics of engines that blew up. its not a huge fire ball cuz there is very little fuel really on a nitro rc. the worst thing that happens is simthign goes very wrong inside the engine at high rpm and it shoots the con rod into the crank case and cracks it apart. ive never heard of an injury from an engine exploding if its safety ur worrying about. the most common injury is prolly burns from ppl who touch the head to see if its hot. same concept as kids touching a hot stove really, u kno its hot but u just gotta make sure.
    lokua

RC Champion
    I know how that is... Never fails,, I know when it's overheating, you can hear it.. but when you bring it in, what do I do?????? Touch the head...... OUCH.. Yup, it's overheating

RC Qualifier
    West Palm Beach, FL - 19ft above sea level
    BuzzStPoint = Glutton for Punisment
    You better watch where your going and remember where you've been... That's the way I see it, I'm a Simple Man. "Charlie Daniels"

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by BuzzStPoint
    I know how that is... Never fails,, I know when it's overheating, you can hear it.. but when you bring it in, what do I do?????? Touch the head...... OUCH.. Yup, it's overheating
    Man that is funny. I got a great laugh out of that. I have had my XTM 24.7 engine break the conrod right at the point where it connects to the crankshaft and all it did was just stop. I was running it at idle speed and the engine just suddenly stopped. So, like they all said, nothing really happens that is cool it just stops running and moving. I wouldn't say that my engine was runnin at 50,000 RPMs. No where near that.
    I like to drive my new 17' Sunbird boat and my Jeep Wrangler.

RC Racer
    Originally posted by The Simple Man
    The one guy who followed his Maxx on a 4 wheeler at WOT, ran for about 7-13 secs before the Engine seized... No Explosions.. Just melted enternal components... And Traxxas will replace your 2.5 motor for ANY reason for $100!!!! Beat that!
    they are designed to run at high rpm, just not for extended periods of time. you run it long enough, and as mentioned above, (and of what I remember from the 4 wheeler person's post) parts were broken all over the inside of the engine.

RC Racer
    Hello Slipknot2k7,
    Your fear of exploding your engine is not justified, it will not happen. there are exeptions, but then even in real live any engine of any vehicle will blow. Your main concern is to tune it right!! Suxxes with that.
    More power....argh argh

RC Champion
    I've toasted my engine before. It just loses compression really fast, within 10 minutes. This only happens if you try to run your engine for too long at high speeds ( 7-13 seconds). There's a few ways your engine can get toasted, but these only happen when they are neglected and run for too long when their really hot!
    It's funny until someone hurts themself then it's hilarious!

RC Champion
    BuzzStPoint = Glutton for Punisment
    Hehe,,, I never get into touble,, It always seems to find me..

I should have been more clear on the pics I have seen on the blown engins I have seen.. They weren't like explosion pics.. You could barly see any damage from the out side of the enigne.. the The damage was on the inside where the Connecting rond broke and was lodged in the side of the crankcase.

RC Qualifier
    It is rated at 50,000 RPM unloaded but that may and probly will brake the con rod. If it is pursonal injury that you are woried about forget it, i've only heard of ppl burning there fingers (which i've done my self) and in a vid i found somewhere a guy broke his ankle cus he hit himself at WOT (accident tho)

--Chris--
    To be Old and Wise, You must first be young and stupid!!

Tomorrow never comes and yesterday never goes away, because tomorrow becomes today!!