RC Qualifier

My Work Shop, Just Finished!

Well after working on 1/2 of a broken ping-pong table for a year now I decided to step it up so I sectioned off 1/4 of my basement with cabinets and counter tops and tile flooring. I wanted the ultimate "man's" workshop so I went with the black/whit theme with checkerboard tile floor. I still have a feww odds & ends and some shelving and stuff to finish but here are some pics.

RC Work Shop

So far it turned out pretty good. Much easier to work now.

Let see what others have for work shops. Post Em Up!!

Thanks

Run What your Brung and Hope your Brung Enough......Or else go cook me some dinner!

Banned by Warnings
    I am jealous. I would love to have a workshop, I don't even have a place to store my maxx, it usually sits on a chair or something. You have done an excellent job. Good work.

RC Champion
    Dude, that is BAD!!!!
    I used to have an ok workspace, but personal issues have relegated me to a new residence where I make do with a corner of my bedroom. Not great, but I have the Maxx, and that's the important part!
    And if the cloud bursts thunder in your ears, you shout and no one seems to hear...and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.......

RC Qualifier

my work station

Ive got half of my bedroom to work on my T-Maxx, with the heater on and radio, its a cosy little affair
    Sirio 18.
    -----
    Gimme a 2.5 to race!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is a awesome looking workshop, and your maxxes don't look bad either.

RC Racer
    Very nicely done, great looking shop.
    Slash4x4,Maxx w/OS.18,Savage 4.6,Savage.25

RC Racer

This is my workspace......my tailgate! Man am I jealous!!!!! Bigmaxx25, that is sweet and every maxxer's dream I'm sure! Did you do the work yourself? I did home improvement for a while and really like the layout! Hope you don't mind me using a few of those ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    Let off for a second and that's where you'll finish!

RC Champion
    i dragged a 10 foot table into my bedroom. i got lights shelves and a stero sitting right there next to me. thats the first thing you see when you walk in.
    Traxxas and Cadillacs
    I love to race my 2.5!

That is excellent! I wish we had a basement, but around here, it's impossible to find a house with one because of the underground water table.

I converted one of the spare rooms upstairs into a workroom.

These are year-old pics. I now have a large "L"-shaped plywood workbench with close to 140 square feet of space, a TV, and a microwave. I also put up a 6x4' sheet of pegboard for organizing parts bags (like at the LHS). I don't have to leave for months, except to replenish food supplies and take bathroom breaks!

Workbench
    Toolboxes
    old workbench arrangement
    Six in a row makes it go.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks-

Yeah I did all of the work my self....not really hard at all I just framed in 2X4 walls , put up some drywall and paneling. The cabinets are el-cheapo units from Home Depot and the counter tops come pre-cut. The tile is self-stick 1X1 tiles and that was pretty easy.......I might have $600-$700 invested but thats not bad to finish off 1/4 of my basement. I did it all in about 2 weekends and a few nights in between after work.

But its way better than working off a broken ping-pong table with 1 light bulb overhead in the dark dismal conc basement....I have not run the wires yet but i have a TV/VCR and a stereo to get hooked up. That and a few more trim items and some shelves and I will be happy for a while.....

Thanks guys-
    Run What your Brung and Hope your Brung Enough......Or else go cook me some dinner!

DiggerMaxx

Thumbs up Here's my workshop...

I took a 'dead' space under our (completely-finished)basement steps and turned it into the perfect spot to work on my hobbies. All I did was take a 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" Maple plywood and cut it to fit the space, with a little bit of a curve on the 'usable' side to allow me to reach the entire table from my chair. I topped that with several coats of a good quality, one-step stain/polyurethane for looks and protection. I used 'L' brackets to secure it to the wall and provide support, and added two pieces of 4x4 lumber as legs for the front.

Pic 1
    Pic 2

I added some parts bins, my tools/cases, some 'wall art', and other goodies to complete the deal, and now have a safe haven for all of my hobby gear. It also made great use of this spot, which was utterly useless for many other purposes(or so I convinced my better half, anyway). It's better than the shed or garage, in any event, especially since the temps around here have been dipping into the low teens and under lately.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3

These photos are all a bit older, and the area has adapted somewhat with added parts boxes, posters, etc., but is still relatively the same concept. It's a great spot to work, and since it's a finished basement, there is heat, water, a fridge, bar, bathroom, stereo & t.v., video games and even a complete living room furniture set-up to relax on, so I could easily live down there when I'm not out bashing(although my wife would say that I already do ).

Anyhow... that's my "work" shop.

-DM

RC Competitor
    BigMaxx:

Can you tell me where you got that Blue and Beige toolbox with the 3 clear slideout drawers? That looks like the perfect box for my needs.

This one:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...12818379vAjMIs
    T-Maxx 2.5 - http://www.cweweb.com/chris/dram2.jpg
    Savage 25 RTR

RC Qualifier
    yep-

The box is actually a Tackle Box from Walmart....like 40 bucks and the manufacturer is Flambeau. You can buy different size dividers & stuff too....

I just punched it in and you can see more @ Flambeau Website

and here:

http://www.flambeaustore.com/dr/v2/e...P=0&CACHE_ID=0