cooldude3552000

batterys/chargers

I am looking for a good battery and cargher for a modified stampede I got. it has a trinity cameaion motor and a rebel ESC.
    I was looking at this battery Click Here I thought it was a good deal because it is 2 for 37 bucks. and this charger Click Here I know there are better one but I paid 120 for a VERY modified stampede and I don't want ot pay more for chargers and batterys than I did on the truck. I was planning to use my junky duratrax shark pack adn a junky radioshack pack. I thought I would get a little better ones.

RC Champion
    The battery looks ok but a 7 cell flat usually won't fit the pede unless the deck is modified. I would never buy a charger that only charges nicd and not nimh, wouldn't want to limit my choices. Might consider one of the Duratrax intellipeak chargers. Also take a look at the pirahna 1800 batteries, they were my first batteries and they worked great for the price.

cooldude3552000
    is nihm alot better?

RC Champion
    The basic difference seems to be more punch from the Nicd and more runtiime from the Nimh, but, there are newer nimh batteries out there that supposedly have more punch these days. Nimh batteries don't require as much maintenance - discharging so they don't retain memory. I run both kinds and sometimes you can get a better deal on one type over the other depending on a sale. The point is most chargers can do both so I just wouldn't spend money on a charger, which you don't buy that often, and short change yourself. When it comes to batteries and chargers the rule of "you get what you pay for" tends to hold more weight.

RC Racer
    spend a little money and you'll be very happy with your charger. I have the duratrax piranha digital peak and am quite satisfied.
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLD5&P=0
    it has a kind of low charge rate if you use AC power, but its fine if you are just bashing. 2 thumbs up for that charger...plus its only $50
    peace out

RC Qualifier
    The truck might be temporary (things break, your tastes change, etc.), but money spent on a good battery charger is an investment. The charger might outlast your next 5 r/c vehicles!

Buy one that will accept the highest possible level of current battery technology - within your budget of course. That way, as technology changes, you can hopefully grow with it and not worry about having to upgrade later.
    http://community.webshots.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/cadtek8

cooldude3552000
    can soeone recomend a good charger and battery pack thatw ill cost under 75 bucks. what I am looking at youy get 2 battery pack and a Ok charger for 72.

RC Qualifier
    ok i've been investigating this for about 2 weeks.i'm in the same shoes as you with a new "used" moded pede.

2 of the cheaper chargers always seem to come up

1.duratrax pirana
    problem is this charger only charges at 3amp max on a/c power.
    2.http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAVN1&P=0
    this model seemed to have some overheating issues in the earlier production chargers.although it can be easily fixed.

i think im getting the pirana and using an old computer powersupply when a/c is needed.

for batteries i'm getting the acouple of the sanyo1900's from promatchracing till i can afford acouple gp3300's.
    Last edited by kimberklr; 01-26-2004 at 05:29 PM.

RC Competitor

Prophet Plus

When I got my Pede, we bought that charger. Worked fine until this wkend. Now it won';t charge any of my batteries, all Ni-Cd. It 'reads' a discharged battery as fully charged after 10/15 seconds. This is true w/ all my batteries; even a brand new one I bought this wkend.
    Going to take it in tomorrow to my lhs, but just wondered if anyone has had a similiar problem with this brand of charger. I thought they were pretty goode. All the stores I've benn to sell them.
    Thanks
    don

RC Competitor
    Check out HERE for the MRC superbrain,Ive had this one since i got my pede and it works AWESOME im impressed by it.Plus its purple just incase you got any anodized purple stuff on your pede.
    If You Havent Tried Airsoft,Your Missing Out!!
    (V)etallic/-\ 4 Life

cooldude3552000
    Originally posted by iceman2k3
    Check out HERE for the MRC superbrain,Ive had this one since i got my pede and it works AWESOME im impressed by it.Plus its purple just incase you got any anodized purple stuff on your pede.
    How long have you had your pede? kimberklr just said that one has some overheating problems.

RC Qualifier
    heres one of the aricles i was refering to.i've also read were putting a fan in or blowing a fan on it helps.i dont know how common it is or if it affects current build chargers but take it as you will.
    as for me im still split between the 2.

cooldude3552000
    how longdoes it take for it to charge a pack?

RC Qualifier
    oops just noticed i forgot the link .

cooldude3552000
    Originally posted by cooldude3552000
    how long does it take for it to charge a pack?
    can someone answer my question? Does anyone else use this charger?

RC Racer
    it mainly depends on the capacity of the pack. a 1500mah pack will charge a lot faster than a 3300mah pack with all the same charger settings.
    peace out

RC Racer

has anyone given these batteries a shot???pros or cons
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...XERB5&P=M#tech

Banned by Warnings
    those epics are good price for play packs.alotta runtime.i have the epic 1500s as well and those are real good.ha ha i was gonna suggest the epic ones you posted.heres some more good stuff i use or have used
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=DYN4044
    https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...pl?pn=ORN10205
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJZ50&P=7

those 1500s you had are great also.i had the 6 cell ones and got about 1800+mah outta em