Banned by Warnings

is this chassis any good?

i am thinking about the rcraven green chassis,my question is has any one used one? or have any Reviews on this product? i like it because it's power coated green,

my colors will be green with polished alum parts.

green chassis
    green battery box
    green receiver box

polished diff cases
    polished shock towers
    ploished body mounts

and some other small parts in alum shold look good!

here is the chassis,

RC Qualifier
    I know there were many people having trouble with a batch of RC Raven chassis's that had the wrong engine mounting pattern. He was doing everything he could to rectify it but I'd ask a few questions before handing over your money.
    2.5 GH Pipe, GH head , RPM Arms , Towers , Bulk brace , Rims, Skids and Bumpers with Dynamite al. Bulks , Hitec Servos, Rustler tank and a MS airfilter and a pull start in a pear tree.

Banned by Warnings
    Thank you very much on the postive post.thats the info i am looking for!!

i will be emailing him soon and asking again ty.

i didnt want to buy it and it not work for me

my lhs told he knows a guy who does professional anodizing i might take a new 2.5 chassis strip it down and let him anodize it green for me. 25$ thats not bad..but i do not know about pricing on anodizing.

RC Enthusiast
    Originally posted by graphite07
    Thank you very much on the postive post.thats the info i am looking for!!

i will be emailing him soon and asking again ty.

i didnt want to buy it and it not work for me

my lhs told he knows a guy who does professional anodizing i might take a new 2.5 chassis strip it down and let him anodize it green for me. 25$ thats not bad..but i do not know about pricing on anodizing.
    Then why not buy the race chassis from traxxas if your going to go that far? It's made out of 7075 aluminum and machined not stamped like the factory chassis. I personally have the FullForce RC spider chassis and love it. I sanded it lightly with 1000 grit and then buffed to a very high shine.

25 bucks isn't bad on anodizing. I'd make sure it's a bright green like you want versus a darker green.

Banned by Warnings
    you have a link to the racing chassis from traxxas? or the spider chassis.

RC Enthusiast
    i can tell you how to anodize i do it my self but pm me cuz i dont wan kids trying it and kelling there self.

RC Competitor
    Check out Full Force chassis savs weight seems strong. it's what i just bought
    Speed Doesn't Kill, It's the Sudden Stop

Banned by Warnings
    Originally posted by boxsky
    Check out Full Force chassis savs weight seems strong. it's what i just bought
    u have a link for them chassis
    ty

RC Competitor

Banned by Warnings
    thanks for the link thats a nice looking chassie,but i might get this now also.

chassis from integy nice looking chassis.....

RC Racer
    Hello Graphite07, here is the chassis I just bought. It's made by JT Racing Products, machined out of 7075 3.5mm aluminum, then hard anodized. Fits both new & old T maxx!

Banned by Warnings
    Thats nice looking chassis!
    do you have the link for that chassis?

thanks

RC Racer

RC Competitor
    3.5mm that's a little thin. especially when it's an open chassis i see spur gears tearing up

Banned by Warnings
    thanks,
    i ma getting this.
    link here,

RC Qualifier
    got my alum from atomrcproducts.com ... came with a replacement plan!! if i break or bend it they replace it.. all i pay is shipping
    http://community.webshots.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/killertmaxx

Banned by Warnings
    Originally posted by KillerT-maxx
    got my alum from atomrcproducts.com ... came with a replacement plan!! if i break or bend it they replace it.. all i pay is shipping
    you have a link for that website?

RC Qualifier
    http://community.webshots.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/killertmaxx

RC Competitor
    Originally posted by KillerT-maxx
    www.atomrcproducts.com

those prices are a rip off. you can get better pieces with better grade aluminum for half the cost.

RC Qualifier
    Hey R/C Raven stuff rocks! I had a bad chassis, but they replaced it free of charge. Told me to keep the old chassis, and they sent me a new one. They did ask for me to send a picture of the chassis (it did not have the engine mount holes, t=and the holes for the tranny and the steering servos were not fully milled.

They have some of the best customer service I have ever had. I will order from them again.

-The Lurker

Banned by Warnings
    Originally posted by boxsky

those prices are a rip off. you can get better pieces with better grade aluminum for half the cost.

wow you are right 55 bucks for 2 upper a arms.....na il pass on that site!!

RC Qualifier
    Ya but that JT chassis and that one on Atom are both really nice looking machine jobs. I especially like the Atom one. Its 6mm thick!! Wow. And it has the mounts for the throttle bellcrank for a 2.5. I personally am looking into the new Integy Chassis. My LHS says they'll sell me one for $50 when they get them in. Heres a link to a picture of one. Super-Duty Type II Chassis for T-Maxx 2.5 . Comes in silver and red too. The pic does not show the add on piece for the 2.5 throttle bell crank, but it does come with one. For custom colors you could spray the silver one with a translucent paint then clear coat for protection. It would look really cool looking (especially green).

RC Qualifier
    Hey there Bash and thrash I also was looking into the integy chassis too and even e mailed a few people about the lack of the bell crank holes but never got any answers. Thanks at least know I know they have put some thought into the 2.5 bellcrank because the chassis just looks too thin to be drilling holes where it needs to go. Have you seen what the adaptor looks like or how it mounts? All of a sudden I'm interested in this chassis again.
    2.5 GH Pipe, GH head , RPM Arms , Towers , Bulk brace , Rims, Skids and Bumpers with Dynamite al. Bulks , Hitec Servos, Rustler tank and a MS airfilter and a pull start in a pear tree.

RC Qualifier
    I have the r/c raven chassis in question, mine is a chrome one, I bought it last year, and it is fine...maybe they made a bad batch.....happy camper here!

RC Qualifier
    I have to compliment on RC Ravens stuff and especially their customer support.

I have the Pollished chasis and a Titanium roll cage as well as some other stuff and everything is great, prices are good but the customer service is unbeatable and its worth alot just knowing that you will actually get a good product that someone will stand behind 100%

Thanks
    Run What your Brung and Hope your Brung Enough......Or else go cook me some dinner!

Banned by Warnings
    You guys are the best thanks for all the input here.

i have 2 choices here..

1~ rcraven green chassis.
    2~ the integy red chassis or silver.

again thanks to each and every one of for your input

RC Competitor
    what do you want to accomplish with your chassis? looks, weight, strenght??

Banned by Warnings
    Looks really since i do not bash my maxx to much, i want green and polished alum look.....

RC poster

Integy Chassis

I have the integy chassis and it fits great!!!!!! bought it off ebay for $60 shipped. Goto EBAY and search for TMAXX Aluminum chassis.

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone have a pic of the Integy Chassis with the throttle bell crank add on piece ? Thanks and sorry for the hassle but I can't find any pics of it anywhere and I am also fairly interested in the Integy chassis.

RC poster

Integy Pic with bell crank piece.

RC Qualifier
    Got a green R/C Raven chassis on it way!! I'll let you know when it gets here how it is!!
    What??????????

RC Qualifier
    What is the thickness of the Integy Chassis?

RC poster
    The integy chassis is 4mm

RC Qualifier

Thumbs up R/C Raven chassis!

Got it FAST(shipped fast!) Excellant quality, and even better customer support! They stand behind their products 110%!!! Prompt e-mail replys!!!
    What??????????

RC Qualifier
    With a little work you can also do the mods to the T-Maxx that Steve Slayden did. I used my old stock T-Maxx chassis to make an adapter plate(used portion of chassis under battery box) so I could mount the rustler tank. The plat uses the two hole that the battery box mounted to the chassis. I counter suck the holes and it works fine. I even moved the throttle servo to where the old fuel tank used to be, I used one one of the existing holes from the tank as a starting point (from tank side of truck, the lower left hand hole), and had just enough room to drill the other four holes (couldn't counter sink them though). It looks sweet and after screwing up with the linkage a couple of times(full brake at full throttle was good to find on the bench and not out in the field).

-The Lurker

RC Champion
    Is the Full Force spider chassis strictly a race chassis or will it stand up to bashing and jumping. I know it's lighter than the stock but its a whole lot thicker.
    Sirio .18 w/BB Pipe, FLM (.21 chassis / Bulkless Diffs w/Maximizer diffs), Crazy Nut Brakes, MIP/CVD, UE Ti Rear drive, RPM(arms/bumpers), MX-3. TRX BB shocks RC Raven springs

RC Qualifier
    I ahve heard nothing but GOOD things about the Fullforce! No problem bashing with it! If it's made to race with, then it's stronger than the stock one!! I almost had one off of e-bay for $55, but at the last minute someone got it for $57!!
    What??????????