Thread: Twin Engine

RC poster

Red face Twin Engine

Can a twin engine truck have one engine going backwards.
    The Problem is that one engine spits fule out or the carb.
    William E. Rose

RC Qualifier
    what.that makes no sense

RC Qualifier
    check the engine to see if the carb is opening properly...check to see that the needles are adjusted properly....check all your O-rings and stuff just to be sure but thats probally not it......

In typical twin set up 1 motor is on each side of the spur gear. That allows both motor to turn the same direction and help each other turn the spur gear which divides the work on each engine in half......so to answer your questions "No" I do not see how even if one engine was not running that it could be "turned backwards" ....The clutch bell would just spin freely on its bearings as the clutch would not be engaged.....

What may be possible is that if you are running 2 engines but only 1 fuel tank and a mess of fuel lines and Y fittings is that the exhaust pressure from the 1 engine that is running good may be pumping more fuel into the second engine than it can handle casuing the 2nd engine to run worse and soon the fuel has no where to go but out the exhaust or back up out the carb.....

That is why I used 2 tanks on my twin setup...that way each engine can be run totally independent of the other to get it tuned and then you can run them both together and have them both working properly.....I am guessing that is why the production version of the Ofna Twin Titan has 2 tanks...

here is a link to my twin setup so you can see what I did...

Thanks-

twin setup

more twin setup pics
    Run What your Brung and Hope your Brung Enough......Or else go cook me some dinner!

RC poster

Twin engine

What the deal is i bought a twin engine truck and had to change the one way bearing for the electric starter and the fuel started coming out of the carb. it will start if i lean it but doesn't stay running. to much fuel.
    William E. Rose

RC Qualifier
    I am getting confused now....could you please post specifics of your setup & layout. How are you using ez-start on twin truck....how is there room for all that??

Anyways....is the 1 way bearing installed correctly? is it backwards?
    Run What your Brung and Hope your Brung Enough......Or else go cook me some dinner!

RC poster

Titan Twin

When I bought the truck I had to change the gears on the front of the engines. It was a two piece gear with a one piece. When I put it back togeather I had one of the bearnings in wrong becouse it wouldn't engauge. So I turn it around and the engine will turn over. I tried to start and to much fuel. The starter is a rod starter.
    William E. Rose

RC Qualifier
    Sorry my bad I assumed we wer talking about a twin engine T-MAXX .....

I am not familliar with the Ofna Twin Titan setup.

Sorry.

RC poster

Twin Engine

Thanks for the replies
    William E. Rose