RC poster

Question How Long Will The AA Batteries Last?????

in the tmaxx and receiver?????and also how many does it require

RC Racer
    let me guess..u are thinkin about buying a maxx..well lets see, i have had the same set of batteries in for about a gallon..eh..thats in the truck tho, the ones in the transmitter i have only changed 1nce sence i got it last summer..they last a while, and uh..the reciever is 4, and the transmitter is 8..total of 12
    If you were to say to me something like "Hello, how are you?" I would answer back "Hello, I am doing well."

RC poster
    cool glad they dont die in like 30 min......

RC Qualifier
    before I bought a hump pack I would replace the truck batteries about every 3/4 gallons. Just because they started to get slow. I have never replaced my radio batteries since the light isnt flashing yet and I just finished my second gallon yesterday
    "The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil, Is For Good Men To Do Nothing" - Unknown

BFD
    I use alkaline batteries and they only last five or six tank fulls and then I lose radio contact. What is up with this? Everything seems to work normally to this point. If you go to rechargeable hump pack do you use a standartd charger and what kind of connector do you use with reciever?

RC Enthusiast
    I rigged up a cheap little battery tester to the receiver pack to see if it is pumping out the needed 6v's of power, all i gotta do it push the wire onto it

RC Competitor
    they dont last long if you leave your reciver and your controler on all night . im retarded i did that and that little mistake cost me 7 bucks

RC Competitor
    You guys are getting that long on Alkaline batteries??

I went through 2 packs in the reciever the first day i got it. The ones in the trans seem to last twice as long though.

I went and bought nicads, which of course i found out later, don't give it 6 volts.....

But i have not noticed anything bad yet.
    The servos aren't as quick, but thats about it

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by BFD
    I use alkaline batteries and they only last five or six tank fulls and then I lose radio contact. What is up with this? Everything seems to work normally to this point. If you go to rechargeable hump pack do you use a standartd charger and what kind of connector do you use with reciever?
    Alkaline's are the worst batteries you could possibly buy. Just cause they're $5 cheaper, doesn't mean they're better. Go Nimh all the way! (or Nicd)

sportmaxx619
    or you could get rechargeble AA's, they have lasted me about 3/4 of a gallon and the energizer bunny is still going

RC Competitor
    my batterys in the truck last about half a gallon just got these new rayovac rechargeable things though but i need a newe carb before i can see how long they last and my transmitter latred about 3 gallons before i changed them
    if u dont got air get a bigger ramp

RC Racer
    I went threw the receiver batterys in 1 day when i first got my T-Maxx. I went straight to Wal-Mart and got 12 rechargable batterys and have had no trouble since!
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Qualifier
    I have read about the NiMh and NiCd not returning 6V. Can anyone that is running NiMh or NiCd say that there is no difference? Just curious as the longer the batteries live, the better!

Also, about those hump packs - are they Alky's?

Many Thanks in Advance!! The TMaxx is arriving in the mail tomorrow and I plan to run it until it is dead - or I am.
    The more fun I have the more I seem to break.

The way to finish first is to finish in the first place.

RC Qualifier
    if you use the stock batery holder there is a difference between NiMH and alkilines. the alkilines are more resposive and stronger, but if you get a hump pack, which are NiMH they are just as good or even better then alkilines.

my batteries get charged everyweekend. mainly cause i drive my tmaxx for 2 - 4 hours straight for both days.

i am considering getting a flat 5 cell back and sticking it underneith, mainly cause they are higher capacity and it will lower my Center of gravitiy. i am also going to install a rusler gas tank. maybe run 2

RC Qualifier
    i like duracel ultras, they give out lots of power and last at least 2 gallons
    2 T-maxx 2.5's w/Golden Horizons cooling heads, traxxas blue tuned pipe, Hot bodies pipe and header, RR steel spur gears, proline hummer body, aluminum lower a-arms, rear MIP steel half shafts, Motor saver air filer, custom body clip retainers, rpm rims.

RC Racer
    Originally posted by JCnBill
    I have read about the NiMh and NiCd not returning 6V. Can anyone that is running NiMh or NiCd say that there is no difference? Just curious as the longer the batteries live, the better!
    Rechargable batteries dont put out as high V as a non rechargable, you can add 1 and probly make up the difference just do the math. Look in the side of the rechargable you will see the different V. As for Mh vs Cd, take a look at this. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/nicd...1379905/tm.htm
    2.5 Arms: Orderd
    Chassis/Linkage: Orderd/Soon
    WASP .26/W-Pull Start:Very Soon :)

RC Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Hey I use Duracell and I'm on my 2nd gallon.. still goin.............

RC Racer
    Duracell Ultra M3's

Best we have ever had. Won't use anything else
    Gixer, Gixer Jnr & the Misses
    See our T-Maxx 2.5 Pics at http://community.webshots.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/gixermaxx

RC Competitor
    I was thinking about going with a rechargable hump pack (5 cell)
    but the LHS says that i will need a special charger and another style of switch. all this added up to about $75 wow. I have not had good luck with my 4 AA's but i have been told that its because of the stronger steering servo Futaba S3305 (witch does not help very much) do research before you believe what your LHS tells you, sometimes there are just out to make the buck
    ".......This signature has been removed due to explicit language"

Work hard.. Play hard.. Die hard!!