RC Racer

well....upgraded my engine

i just ordered my first upgraded engine the fantom .18 after thinking for a long while this was my choice the sirio looked like it was gonna be my first pick but the price was just too much for a product with little or no customer support and seeing that the fantom has a little more hp and costs wads less it just seemed like the right way to go so i did hope all goes well when i get it and i know about the break-in process is sketchy at best so ill just go with the fantom way or proceeding anyway just wanted to share . thanks ,Joe
    Trust me,what can go wrong,I know what I'm doing! Oh,MAN!!!!thats gonna leave a mark.

RC Qualifier
    Good luck on your new engine. Just take you time with the break in and let us know how things turn out

streetrunner
    Yes this hobby is Expensive how expensive is up to you… ;-)

RC Racer
    break in is fun with the fantom... WOT on the first tank, it goes by much quicker too.

I have had a lot of rear Dif problems since I got the Fantom so be prepared to do a little extra spending upgrading your dif if problems arise.
    My setup:
    Fantom .18 | MS Air Filter | BB Pipe | Integy shocks, Skids, Chassis Braces | Hitec 645 Servo | performace steering kit | offset wheels | Bow Ties | Trinity 25% Fuel

RC Racer
    lol , i dont think that ill have any problems with my drivetrain or diff problems as i have U.E. diffs and center shafts but thanks for your heads up anyway. Joe
    Trust me,what can go wrong,I know what I'm doing! Oh,MAN!!!!thats gonna leave a mark.

RC Racer
    well joe, i would just like to say welcome to the people with good engines club..lol. I love mine!! The break-in was so easy. cranked right up after just a couple of pulls of priming. I did exactly what the manual sed, WOT for 5-10 seconds in about 5 seconds intervals. It never died until the second tank, but i found out it was just the fuel from the bottom of an old can, i poured it out, replaced it with brand new fuel, IT WAS PERFECT. and oh yeah, the break-in is much faster too..cause ur doing WOT the whole time...break-in is actually part of the fun my friend. Well i know u will be very happy with urs, i know i am, and so is everyone else
    If you were to say to me something like "Hello, how are you?" I would answer back "Hello, I am doing well."

RC Racer
    Originally posted by STUNNA
    break in is fun with the fantom... WOT on the first tank, it goes by much quicker too.

I have had a lot of rear Dif problems since I got the Fantom so be prepared to do a little extra spending upgrading your dif if problems arise.
    I had my Fantom for 3 days and now I have no rear end left. What gears are you guys using with this POWER HOUSE MOTOR? I need to upgrade but dont know with what parts?Please Help!!!
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Racer
    what truck did u put it on..the new or old maxx..im using stock traxxas stuff..and its holding up great..im using the newer maxx..its a sportmaxx
    If you were to say to me something like "Hello, how are you?" I would answer back "Hello, I am doing well."

RC Racer
    I have the new t-maxx.

I upgraded to robinson racing gears in the diff, but i don't think i needed to...

1st dif problem... I blew a bearing (It was making a clicking noise while driving)

2nd diff problem... riped the 4 screws in the plastic housing in half, sucks because Traxxas only sells that part with the gears that I dont need.

I ordered aluminum diff housing for the rear so lets see how that goes at the track this week...
    My setup:
    Fantom .18 | MS Air Filter | BB Pipe | Integy shocks, Skids, Chassis Braces | Hitec 645 Servo | performace steering kit | offset wheels | Bow Ties | Trinity 25% Fuel

RC Racer
    I put it on the NEW T. And all my gears was stock. They didnt even last 3 full days. So the Robinson Gears are best? Because when i took out the rear end I can turn each gear without the other gears turning!
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Qualifier
    wot for break in? u sure Fantom knows what theyre doing? lol, that just sounds bad for the engine...contradicts everything other engines tell u to do