RC Qualifier

What are good addon for T-maxx ??

Want to know what are best addon for T-maxx...
    RPM
    Venom
    Proline
    etc...

Thanks

Re: What are good addon for T-maxx ??

Originally posted by imnumaxx
    Want to know what are best addon for T-maxx...
    RPM
    Venom
    Proline
    etc...

Thanks
    rpm anything,venom failsafe very good,proline tires and bodys are probally one of the best..
    If you can't fix it. Smash it with a hammer...If that don't work hit it again...
    Pittsburgh Steelers Superbowl XL Champions, Go Steelers

RC Qualifier
    Thanks to Tmaxxfreak,
    Anything else beside all that????

Need to know to add to my order for my first Nitro ....T-MAXX...

RPM_ A-arm.... just incase.... lot of ppl got this broke at first attemp...
    How about RPM's skids ( 3 parts)...
    People go for RPM not just because the replacement policies or because it is good?
    hump pack or receiver battery: venom is good I have read... Do I realy need it?

Thanks

I swear by the rpm skids very strong.The hump back makes running alot longer instead of the batteries dieing. Plus they make the servos work faster (good thing). The failsafe will help in case of radio interferance (sp). Or dead battey I love when my battrey dies and the failsafe kicks on.
    If you can't fix it. Smash it with a hammer...If that don't work hit it again...

RC Qualifier
    Tmaxx freak,
    do you have the hump pack install ? do you have to modify the stock battery for the receiver, because the venom have 5 batteries nstead 4 ( that's why it is hump )...
    Thanks

Tmaxx freak,
    do you have the hump pack install ? do you have to modify the stock battery for the receiver, because the venom have 5 batteries nstead 4 ( that's why it is hump )...
    Thanks
    Yes I have the hump back installed. The venom is the fail safe not the hump back. The hump back fits right in my battery box. What I did was buy a new switch so I can charge the battery without removing.The switch has a extra plug for the charger. I also bought a extension wire so the wire for the battery reaches the reciever. I hope this helps if not let me know..

RC Qualifier
    Traxxfreak,
    thanks for the tip, so the pack is just fit right in the stock receiver battery box.... without any mod...
    if you have pic that would be nice for the extra connection plug for the charger....
    Thanks

Yes the battery fits right in there. I'am looking for a pic I dont have one.. Man can't find one all it is just like the stock switch except it has another plug coming out where the charger goes.
    Last edited by tmaxxfreak; 02-17-2004 at 12:25 AM.

RC Champion
    May i add one thing. DONT forget a fuel filter. The best $3 investment you will make. IMO. That is the first thing i do, on all my r/c. Good luck.
    Good Judgement Comes From Experience. Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

RC Qualifier
    who make the best fuel filter and engine saver, I whould mention about those also...

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    it also easy to clean ....

RC Champion
    Du-Bro makes a great fuel filter. They also have colors. Silver, blue, purple and red. As far as motor savers, I think they all serve the same purpose. It just a matter of personal choice. I see nothing wrong with the stock one. IMO. BTW, welcome to the world of nitro. Hope you many years of happy racing and bashing. I took so long posting, u posted again. LOL. Yes, they are easy to clean. You just unscrew them and clean the screen. Oh, btw the oring goes to the tank side of the hose. You will know what i mean when u get one.
    Last edited by 0260MPH; 02-17-2004 at 02:03 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you 0260MPH and other for he respond.
    Tmorrow I wll place the order for my Tmaxx but let help me to put down the list please add your sugessions:

item: Manufacturer
    1- T-maxx ___ Traxxas
    1- Temp. gun ____ Dura trax
    2- Glow plug ____ who is reliable?
    1- skid _ 1 set ( front , rear and center)__ RPM
    1- fuel filter ____
    1- air filter ____
    1- throttle spring ____
    1- fuel 20% _____ ??? how much do I need for breakin?
    1- ca glue___ does this one include in the kit?

Later

1- failsafe ___ venom _ later
    1_ hump pack ____ venom ___ later___ 110mah_ niMH is ok?

1- wide a-arm____ how many pcs_ rpm
    1- upper a-arm ____ how many pcs ___ rpm
    1- gal denature alcohol __ for cleaning.
    1- wd40 for cleaning the engine...

is it good enough????

thanks

RC Champion
    Your list looks good. Throw in some zip ties and threadloc. Nothing wrong with having a tube of glue around. And one gallon of fuel is what you want. One quart is goin to make you mad. I had to wait two days after i broke in my car to get more fuel. Because i only brought one quart, when i purchase my r/c. LOL. One other thing, it might want to look into. Waterproofing your servos. A can of plastic dip from your local hardware store, cost about 5 dollars.

RC Racer
    Read my sig. If RPM makes it I buy and run it! If you was to ever break a RPM part they will replace it no ??? ask!
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you 0260MPH,

But you have not fill in those I leave blank..... manufacturing....

--- The items for later like venom and bat , tower hobbies don't carry them i have to pick up at LHS near, lucky they carry them if noti have to order from Venom....
    ---- Don't plan to run under water yet so plasti-dip is not need at the mean time... ( later tho for cost protection).... lol
    --- No need for those air an fuel filter right away while break in... could be a add on...
    --- I have the tie wrap... plenty....
    --- Having glue is not a problem but I afraid when we need it all dried... that is the problem... lol...

How do you get all these out for racing??? any container that can store them all... I want just take the box, container and go... someone suggesion 19" tool box, but the width of the truck is much gigger don't you think evethought without the tires????

Thanks

RC Racer
    I have a basic 2 shelf Fishing Tackle Box with all my parts in. Easy and well organized. I would put the fuel filter a little higher on my list if it was me. 1 peice of sand or something gets into your motor and its ALL OVER MY FRIEND! Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by T-MAXX1975; 02-17-2004 at 04:44 AM.
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Qualifier
    Good point T-maxx1975,
    I will order the fuel filter with the truck, it is not included withthe kit then.... and make sure i install that before break-in... do i need extra fuel line tube then. since the fuel filter will be place between fuel tank and the engine.... stock come with only one piece???

thanks

RC Champion
    I would move the Venom Fail Safe to the buy now list and the air filter to the later list. You will want to break the T-Maxx in with the stock air cleaner anyway. Get a gallon of fuel to start with and no, CA glue is not included in the kit.

You might also consider waiting on the RPM skid plate covers until after you have broken in the max. You might change your mind to somthing else. Especially if you don't get the failsafe and get a run-away and smash an A-Arm, or somthing else. For glow plugs, McCoy MC-59's work great.

Trinity makes a great carry bag.

See Misbehavin's site for a great idea on a tool/parts box.

McCoy MC-59

Venom Fail Safe

Trinity Maxx Plus Hauler Bag

Misbehavin toolbox
    Last edited by MadMaxx2.5; 02-17-2004 at 03:58 AM.
    T-Maxx 2.5/3.3
    Supermaxx 4.6 Under Construction

RC Champion
    Oh yea, move the WD40 up to the top. You will need it for the after run procedure. You will need it the first time you run the engine - not for cleaning the outside but protecting the engine internals from corrosion.
    T-Maxx 2.5/3.3

RC Qualifier
    Thanks madmax2.5, for the mc coy glow plug, I should need 2?
    should i need the skid, just for protection, as you know fo beginer there will be lot of OOOppsss.....

RC Qualifier
    what about the roll cage????? who come up with a cheap one,

BTW the tower hobbies have cheapper mc coy-59
    Oh.. wd40 is around the house some where.... lol

Thanks again Madmax1975

RC Racer
    EXTRA FUEL TUBING IS ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE! You never know when a little pin hole will get in your line and ruin your whole day. Its Cheap and it comes in 3 foot peices I think. Lots of colors also!

You can order the hump back and stuff here.just look under tmaxx. battery stuff

RC poster
    Look on eBay for the roll cages. Someone makes a nice one for about $40 and puts them up regularly. It also has a lifetime warranty against breakage. It' breaks, you pay to ship back, they pay to ship you a new one or your fixed one. I believe it's small diameter, tig welded steel tubing. Looks nice, I may get it once I start working again this summer.

RC Champion
    BTW the tower hobbies have cheapper mc coy-59

Thanks again Madmax1975
    That's MadMaxx2.5 - and NO, Tower Hobbies does not have the McCoy MC 59's cheaper. The price at Tower is $4.19 for one glow plug while the link I gave you for RCBoyz is $7.49 for two plugs. Also, Tower does not have them in stock.

RCBoyz Price

Towers not in stock price
    T-Maxx 2.5/3.3

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Madmaxx2.5, this time hope that i get your name right, sorry....
    your're right did not look close the tower hobbies don't have it....
    then I guess I have to make to the LHS then, just for other stuffs, fuel ( 20%), venom failsafe, etc...

It getting close to my limit expense ( 500.00)

won't take long to go over it.....

Just get the final list done, going to make a call to order....

One more thing if you could help.. about the fuel line tubing, silicone, don't know what size..... can someone tell me the size???? 3' tubing?

Roll cage ... Hmm... I have to wait then after the break in.... I will make sure not to aggressive during this time.... just running in the empty parking lot first.... and not cut the cornner too fast and zip tie down the shocks...

Thanks

RC Champion
    Your LHS should have fuel tubing. From the description at Tower, its ID is 2mm.

Towers Traxxas Fuel Tubing
    T-Maxx 2.5/3.3