Thread: skid plate set

RC Racer

skid plate set

did the duratrax skid plate set is the best buy? towerhobbies $24.99 for the front and rear skid set in 3mm aluminum 6061 sounds good,but are they to heavy or overkill?

RC Qualifier
    cover them with rpm skid plates to minimize bending them. aluminium is not over kill for the skids. the stock ones are useless and you need stronger ones.

RC Qualifier
    I think the stock ones are good, as long as you protect them with the RPM skids. They bend and snap back into shape. The aluminium ones bend and you are constantly having to reshape them.

RC Racer
    Buy the 3 piece RPM skids! They mount right over your stock skids and are indestructible! If you ever break a RPM part send it back and they will send you a new one, no questions ask!
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Qualifier
    stock skids still break with RPM skids on there. i broke my brand new stock skids in 5 minutes with the rpm skids on there. and it broke under the rpm skids, go figure.

RC Racer
    YEA but the RPM didnt break huh? They are great!
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Champion
    hrmmm....i broke my rpm skid which was OVER my stock skid. in the process i also ripped off my rear bumper. i wonder why the stock skid didnt break
    I'm so smrt. D'oh!

RC Qualifier
    Save yourself a whole bunch of trouble and just get a set of GA's Ti 3mm skids F,R & C. These skids will NOT break on you. If your just bashing you can't get skids better for the job. I have these skids on my truck and let me tell you, They are the nicest looking skids you can buy, and are the toughest skids you can buy. They are a lil on the pricey sids though, $110 for a set. They also have sets of 2mm skids that are just as good. Hope this helps, Bob
    Roses are Red Violets are Blue I'm a Schizophrenic and so am I.

RC Racer
    i will better order the duratrax,for $42 set 3mm aluminum,mmmm i cant see nothing better .

RC Champion
    Ti skids are nice theyre very tough, too tuff.I had a set of those skids and with aluminum bulks but anytime I hit anything with any speed it would just shear the screws off in the bulkhead, not good. I wound up replacing the skids with aluminum ones.I would rather have bent skids than sheared screws
    Sanding fiberglass subwoofer enclosures...AGAIN!

RC Champion
    Highland Park Illinois, official simpsons freak
    on ebay you can get ones with iron crosses, lightning bolts etc. I have the lightning bolt ones and broke my rpm a arms but they are still in tack
    Banned and blocked. Use me as an object lesson for how not to behave.

Courtesy of NC

RC Racer
    there are a lot of skid plates on ebay from gpm,barnbunners and crs racing.any one with experience on this items?

Banned by Warnings
    ive got the duratrax skids.. sofar i really like them. They are strong 2. One thing i did was put the stock screws back in for the bellcrank or whatever steering thing it is that screws into the skids. I made a tranny skid was was sickly easy. Id say go with them.

RC Qualifier
    Just wonder if the rpm skids will include the longer screws if not how do you cover the stock skid with RPM skids?

Thanks

Originally posted by rcmastermind
    hrmmm....i broke my rpm skid which was OVER my stock skid. in the process i also ripped off my rear bumper. i wonder why the stock skid didnt break
    Wow! I've done some pretty harsh things to my T-Maxx and haven't broken anything RPM.

Originally posted by imnumaxx
    Just wonder if the rpm skids will include the longer screws if not how do you cover the stock skid with RPM skids?

RPM does include new screws.

Mike
    Pain is Temporary, Pride & Achievement is Forever.

RC Competitor
    I got the barnburner skids and they are nice, however, the center skid plate has a problem mounting onto aluminum chassis braces, one of the holes was off a little and I broke the screw off in the hole but who cares? it isn't gonna move.
    then after bashing the snot out of the front I reshaped it, then later used my dremel tool and made a custom front skid plate. I think the front skid plate is the most important one anyway.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288026107

RC Racer
    DANG!!! I have never seen a RPM part broken, thats cool! Just send it back and they will replace it. But you must have hit soemthing really hard! Great Job!

RC poster
    Originally posted by mandy
    there are a lot of skid plates on ebay from gpm,barnbunners and crs racing.any one with experience on this items?
    I just purchased the Barnbunners and bent them in half my first day out!
    Chris M
    www.UpOnOne.com