RC Qualifier

wider wheel base

I have read some one saying that there are rims that make the wheel base long to prevent flip for beginer....
    using rims or tie down the shocks....

can someone point it out how, would be appreciated....

RC Racer
    They may be talking about 40 series tires made buy PROLINE! But you have to buy 40 series wheels with them, but it will make the Maxx Stand alot taller and wider! www.pro-lineracing.com
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Competitor
    You me that the rims make the T-Maxx wider not the wheel base longer. I don't know who makes the rims but I have seen them at the lhs the package should say that it has a wider offset and by how muchthe one thing you will lose is how tight you can turn a corner (just so you know). Hope the info helps
    If you can't race it why own it!!!

RC Racer
    Yea I really was guessing about his question but I think we got him in the right direction. Wider will help prevent rollovers, but longer wheelbase you will have to go with another chasis.
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Qualifier
    Sorry,
    What my question mean "wider" not longer......

is there manufacturing name IMXor something that make rims and tires that extended the wheel wider ....

Thanks

RC Competitor
    I figured that is what he ment but I wanted to point that out. As I said I have seen rims with a wider offset but I don't know the name of the company that makes them and I am not at home right now to check it out ( sorry )
    If you can't race it why own it!!!

RC Qualifier
    RPM and Proline (two that I know for sure)both have offset rims that are light and wider than normal stock wheels. It does make a big difference in handling . The other thing you asked about was lowering the Maxx with zip ties and this works great on pavement . Just use a zip tie on each corner and go from the shock tower to the upper arm and lower your truck as much or as little as you want. Hope that's what you were after.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys,
    Yeah that's it just for the beginer get the hang of his new toy.... preventing unnessesary accident....

Thanks again

RC Qualifier
    I still do this with my Maxx sometimes when it's late I go to a huge parking lot and throw on some road rage tires and lower my maxx like I said earlier and I physically can't flip my maxx at any speed. Well without hitting an object like a curb/car/mailbox....you get the picture. It's wild power sliding your maxx at 40 miles an hour. PS if you are still curious I found a pic of a set of RPM stablemaxx rims and the stockers and you can see the difference.
    Last edited by titaniumleg; 02-17-2004 at 04:31 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks tataniumleg,
    I will do most of the time with my T-maxx is running in the huges empty parking lots in the week end in this silicon valley..... where all the high tech companies have moves their op over sea to China and now India.... I don't know what those ******* CEO talking about creating new jobs..... not in USA... while they make million and the US of A citizens are running out of jobs.... sad...
    and perhaps I hope sometime just bashing or doing 4 wheeling, untill I get better....

thanks

RC Qualifier
    ONLY Imex makes the FULL offset rims (wheels) the other brands 3/4 offsets.
    Traxxas 2.5, Fantom & Sirio .18 and OFNA-Picco .21 engines. Airtronics 94358, Imex wheels, MX-3, Sirio BB, Fantom WorksPipes, RPM Knuckles, RDlogics, UE, AeroStickes, FullForce, Trinity Fuel, Nova & Monster cooling heads.
    "If I don't Know I don't comment."

RC poster
    I went with the RPM WideMAXX rims. They are a little wider, plus I dyed them orange.My Pics
    SportMAXX - RPM (Control Arms,Bulkhead Braces, Steering Knuckles,Titan StableMaxx Wheels) - Traxxas (Big Bore Shocks, SS Hing Pins) - RC Raven (Blue Dual Rate Springs) - Hitec HS645MG Steering Servo - IMEX Dirt Dawgs

RC Qualifier
    Brian,
    That is nice job,,, dying the rim and good looking tires there....
    So this will help the rookie to handle the truck better.....

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Maxximizer also makes off-set wheels they are beadlocks also. Or to make your truck wider just take the stock wheels off then trace the little hex nut on your axle onto your wheel then ake a dremel and cut out the hex shape this mod can be found on wisconsinnitro.com
    go big or go home

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Mrfreak,
    I have read that one, reverse your wheel to make it little wider....
    That is neat idea too, but I also want the look too.... Thanks

RC Racer
    I used the RPM widemaxx wheels and bowtie tires....I also lowered it doan and softened the springs for racing...it handles great now and the power will make it turn
    Had it running good once....Man that was a blast !! :)