RC Racer

Back wheel steering

Maybe some of u know about this but here goes:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...UTF-8%26sa%3DN

scroll down on the page

Plus look at the other cool things they have, like the speedometer, fail safe, system warnings unit.
    Last edited by OvalQueen; 02-20-2004 at 10:29 AM.

RC Champion
    rear steer isn't a worthy mod. It adds weight, when ya want to reduce weight and it's no good at speed.

RC Qualifier
    Natedog is right. I did the 4WS mod on my Maxx using stock parts and at high speed it was a nightmare to control. At low speeds it was fun, but if you're gonna do the 4WS, expect to never shift into second gear. I went back to stock since then and have had more fun with my Maxx that way.

RC Qualifier
    Agreed

Except that 4 wheel steering can be cool if you build a dedicated rock crawler. That is becoming a more popular thing around me, just set up some boulders and see who can make it through the trail. It takes driving skill and good Torque and Axel Articulation....its actually more suited to TXT's because they are straight axel and electric and the E-Maxx is also popular.

The 4 wheel steering is good for negotiating slow steep angles and corners.

If your a normal maxx basher/racer its just not needed.

RC Racer
    Now that we have heard from all the nay sayers. I have to say it would be a worth while mod. If you want a show truck or if you want just want something cool then I would buy it. I have to say that on these boards it's mostly racers so almost everyone's views are going to be less weight so you will be told to remove as much weight as you can. But I say that if you aren't one of those people and you just like to bash and aren't in to putting your T-Maxx on a diet then I say go for it.

I plan on getting it because I don't care about how much weight I add as I am making a monster truck and real monster trucks aren't the lightest things on wheels. My Maxx weighs about 11.76 lbs and I am planning on adding more weight with Jumbo Kong tires and a few other things to make my Maxx as close to a real monster truck as possible.

Just my two cents..
    The man's prayer

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

RC Qualifier
    The only other thing I can think is to see how the rear wheel steering is setup on the new CEN truck it is supposed to have a .46 engine and rear steer. Let them do the work for you to see how they accomplished high speed stability and try and set your maxx up like that......

good luck and have fun!
    Run What your Brung and Hope your Brung Enough......Or else go cook me some dinner!

RC Racer
    Have you tried driving your raod car at speed, in reverse and tried to make several controlled turns in sequence. It can get untidy real quick.

RC Qualifier
    I think it would be awesome to have 4ws altough it would be 2x more prone to flipping at high speeds, it would be a great mod for slow speed ep and mabey gp trucks if you dont plan to go fast, and 100+ dlls, i think for 100 dlls you should get ti turnbucks, rpm suspension arms and ti hinge pins, small stuff counts as much and even more that big stuff. But that is just what i think altough i'm not a racer i love to bash in the dirt and sky my maxx over stumps and roots, so i would go 4 durability, my 2 cents
    Listen.....do you see anything?!

RC Qualifier
    Widow, re-read my post, I never said I was a racer or that "it added weight". What I said is that it is VERY hard to control at high speeds. By all means, go ahead and try it. I have(with stock parts) and I loved it at low speeds, but when I would get into second gear it would flip at the touch of the steering. I could careless about weight as I am not a racer. Assumptions, assumptions.

RC Qualifier
    I forgot to mention, I did the entire mod for a fraction of what that kit sells for. I got everything off of ebay for $25 including the 2055 servo(I got that from a member here[$10]). $129 is a lot for something you can do yourself.

RC Racer
    Originally posted by leo1
    Widow, re-read my post, I never said I was a racer or that "it added weight". What I said is that it is VERY hard to control at high speeds. By all means, go ahead and try it. I have(with stock parts) and I loved it at low speeds, but when I would get into second gear it would flip at the touch of the steering. I could careless about weight as I am not a racer. Assumptions, assumptions.
    I didn't mention your name did I? Your the one who is making the Assumptions that I was talking about you, I wasn't. I know it would make your Maxx unstable at high speeds but if someone wants to buy it then it should be up to that person. Just because you didn't like it then does it mean that everyone else wont. I respect your opinions and you have the right to express it and I hope you will do the same for me.

If you read the majority of the post on this board you will see that it is mostly racers and you will get the advice of removing all the weight you can. Maybe you should reread my post and read what I meant and not what you wanted to read. I am not trying to argue but I will stand by what I have said. I have no problem with anyone on these boards and I hope every thing stay real cool and we all have fun.
    The man's prayer

RC Qualifier
    "all the nay sayers" Definition of all : Being or representing the entire or total number, amount, or quantity. Meaning you were saying everyone in thsi thread(including me) were nay sayers. Did I say don't do it? Did I say it will add weight? Nope. "Reread my post and read what I meant and not what you wanted to read."
    Last edited by leo1; 02-22-2004 at 08:18 PM.

RC Racer
    I don't believe this, you just want to argue with me. Get over it I wasn't talking about you directly and you know you just want to start something with me and I'm not going to give you what you want. If you want to take what I said as to mean I was talking just about you personally then go ahead and think that because I really don't care.

You should reread the posts, in all the post before mine every one said it wouldn't be worth the money, thus every one was saying nay to this mod. Natedog said it was a bad investment and in your post you said Natedog was right which means you agreed with him and by agreeing with him you were saying not to buy it which point you became one of the nay sayers.

You know I guess I was wrong by saying that I wasn't talking about you because as it turns out you are one of the very nay sayers I was talking about. Maybe you should reread your first post and see what you said.

Natedog I'm sorry for bringing you into this stupid conversation.
    The man's prayer

RC Qualifier
    Go back and re-read my post. I HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS MOD AND LOVED IT!!!!! I should have clarified it for the "layman" that I was agreeing with his at speed issue. Simply put, fun at low speeds and hard to control at high speeds.
    Last edited by leo1; 02-24-2004 at 01:33 AM.