RC Enthusiast

Unhappy Help with a servo problem

I am having a problem with my throttle servo. It will be a little difficult to explain, but I will do my best. I plasti-dipped my servos this week, and put them back in tonight. I got everything hooked back up, and my throttle servo was having problems. It is like it is binding up. A first it would only move in very small amounts in either direction. I would pull my trigger to full throttle, and it would barely move. If I take my hand and turn the servo to where it is at full throttle while I am holding the trigger down, it will work. I can pull the trigger, and let off again, and it will work properly with the throttle. Now the problem is that the brake side won't work. I can pull to full throttle and that will work, but the servo won't move the other direction to apply the brake. If I then take the servo and move it to apply the brake with my hand, it will work on that side. I can apply and release the brake properly, but then the throttle side won't work. I checked for binding everywhere in the throttle and brake linkages, and everything looked fine. None of the cables are bent. Then to be sure it wasn't the servo itself, I switched with the shifting servo, and it did the same thing. The steering servo works fine, and the other two servos work fine with the forward/reverse shifting. I did not make any adjustments on the throttle linkages at first. They were exactly the samen as they were before I took out the servos. After I couldn't get it to work I adjusted them a luttle, and nothing changed. Could the plasti-dip have messed up both servos? Any ideas on some problems? If this didn't make sense, or is too confusing let me know. I will try to explain it better. Please help me.
    www.superior-motorsports.com/SMS%20rides/Craigs%20ride/craigs%20ride.htm

RC Racer
    Might sound dum but try new batterys or recharge the batterys if you have rechargable. If that dosnt work buy you a Hitech 645 and you will be real Happy!
    Fantom .18| Hitec 645 Servo| RPM A-Arms| RPM Shock Towers| RPM Skids| RPM Bulkhead Braces| Proline H2 Body| F350 Washington Redskins Body.

RC Qualifier
    Take the servo horn off and see if it works then. When i dipped mine I had problems and had to do some more trimming around the horn area to get it to work properly. It was well worth dipping though.....no more water problems.

RC Enthusiast
    I forgot to metion that I had already put new batteries in. If I take the horn off the servo, it works fine.I will try to trim a little off. Maybe the coating is rubbing the bottom of the horn, and not letting it turn.
    www.superior-motorsports.com/SMS%20rides/Craigs%20ride/craigs%20ride.htm

RC Competitor
    I know this sounds really stupid, but open up your reciever box an make sure ebrythin is in the right place an tightly an also that there are no damaged wires. I installed a hump pack recently and got the battery wire mixed up...almost had a runaway (with a failsafe) but lukely it hit WOT when it was behind my friends T, so it just sent the wheels spinnin an chucked mud all over me while i shut the engine off
    formerly: getinasmaxxsoon
    Dude what you use to run your Emaxx, i use to start my smaxx! (get some nitro!) smaxx: Traxxas big bore shocks, sirio bb pipe, fuel filter, duratrax hump pack, fail safe, RPM full skids, stock shell (with about 5m worth of duck tape on it) :D and 10 zip ties to "support" my front end :p