RC poster

Servo troubles need help

Installed aftermarket servo on nitro sport and now my toe links seem to have a lot of tension and servo savers keep popping off. The servo save is centered perfect. Please help

Disconnect toe links from the steering linkage. Leave them attached to the wheels. Take off servo saver. Turn on the truck and transmitter and center the steering trim. Reinstall servo saver as close to centered as possible. Adjust toe links until they line up with the steering linkage with the wheels held as straight as possible. Screw toe links back on to steering linkage. Drive truck and trim steering to your liking.

If that doesnt fix it, there is something broken or binding.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC poster
    Do you mean the bearing carrier? On the nitro sport the toe links go straight from the servo saver to the bearing carrier. Doesnt have bell cranks

Do you mean the bearing carrier? On the nitro sport the toe links go straight from the servo saver to the bearing carrier. Doesnt have bell cranks

1X DS3218 update servo 20KG full metal gear digital servo baja servo Waterproof servo for baja cars( Control Angle 270) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0XZOZU...*yo_pop_ma_swf. This is the servo i purchased. The hieght is 4.3mm. Taller than stock could this be the issue
    Last edited by Double G; 04-17-2018 at 07:51 AM. Reason: merge, use the edit button instead of adding more posts

Oh your right, so then yes disconnect from the servo saver. Leave connected to the bearing carrier. Honestly you could disconnect them from the bearing carrier and leave them connected to the servo saver, i just though it would be easier the other way around.
    10 RCs and counting 😅

RC poster
    Yeah thats what ive been doing. Im gonna try using some sort of spacer to account for the 4mm height diffrence. Hopefully that works. If that doesnt work ill just buy another servo and be more careful about its specs

Just realized the servo i got has a 270 rotation angle so i dont think it will work anyways

What servo would you recommend. Dont have a digital servo controller.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-17-2018 at 07:50 AM. Reason: merge

A stock traxxas 2055 will work good on a nitro sport, and you can usually find one pretty cheap
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec