RC Racer

Unhappy REVO promo stuff

I understand that Traxxas needs us to all seriously look into buying their newest products, and I must admit that REVO looks pretty cool.

Answer this though, why do they need to "insult" the T-Maxx to do it? A lot of us have put a ton of time, effort and money into our T's. Do they really need to degrade them for marketing purposes?

I for one, am very happy with my T-Maxx, and... ...forget it.

-M

Smile

Funny, but 2 days ago all the threads that I read were members asking when was Traxxas going to build a new MT. You know too keep you with the rest of the R/C companies. Now I read threads of member saying man why would you do that to the T-Maxx?

Traxxas is just keeping up with the times. They keep up in a state of the art way, but they keep up. I still love my T-Maxx, but hey, I also have to keep up with the times.

It's all about being #1.
    "We know who you are"

RC Racer
    You got a point there.
    Its not the size of the car or how fast it is that matters its how you use it.

RC Racer
    Originally posted by He123321
    Funny, but 2 days ago all the threads that I read were members asking when was Traxxas going to build a new MT. You know too keep you with the rest of the R/C companies. Now I read threads of member saying man why would you do that to the T-Maxx?

Traxxas is just keeping up with the times. They keep up in a state of the art way, but they keep up. I still love my T-Maxx, but hey, I also have to keep up with the times.

It's all about being #1.
    ...and I agree 100% !

However, I just don't like seeing the "put down" on the T-Maxx, that's all.

-M

Smile

Originally posted by RCnewb

...and I agree 100% !

However, I just don't like seeing the "put down" on the T-Maxx, that's all.

-M
    Put down? There is no other MT on the market, that can put down the 3 years in a row winner of Truck Of The Year by RCCA.

The T-Maxx is the God Father of MT's. If they had a Hall of Fame for R/C's the T-Maxx would be next in line.

Believe me, Traxxas is not putting down the king of MT's.
    "We know who you are"

RC Racer
    Have you read through the promo material on the front page?

Better than the T-Maxx here, better than the T-Maxx because of this, drive shaft so much beefier than the T-Maxx... and it goes on and on.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk. In principle I agree with what Traxxas has done with the Revo, so far. I just have a lot of pride in my T-Maxx and it's just tough to read, that's all. *shrug*

-M

RC Competitor
    Are you all sure they are putting it down? It sounds more to me like they are trying to build the hype so to speak of the Revo. It's what the Tmaxx is PLUS some. They are saying they have taken these points of the Tmaxx and made them better. Not bashing it! Ha Ha

Thats right, i mean just look at what people here are talking about in this forum, How to change the tmaxx how the plactic drive shafts and the diffs are weak and how they bought this aftermarket part or that one and now their happy. well the revo is just an accumulation of whats best for their product. and it is beefier in a lot of ways and it will be a step up, but you cant say they bashed the t-maxx in the revo release stuff unless you are going to admit that anyone with an upgraded t-maxx part on their truck is bashing the maxx too.

RC Qualifier
    The way I read it is they have the best truck and they just made one better!

do you guys think that it will replace the t-maxx? like hobby shops wont stock maxx parts anymore and companies wont make hop ups any more? I hope not because ive only had my maxx for a month or 2 and i love it.

barry

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by s3rock
    The way I read it is they have the best truck and they just made one better!
    Agree with S3rock there....
    Also, from now I will not have to worry much to buy expensive replacement part for my 2 months old T-maxx..... don't you guy think the aftermarket parts will be cheaper????
    and we still enjoy the second best MT.... if the REVO is the best?????

just my .02$

RC Qualifier
    when everyone was asking for a new truck they didnt want a whole different one. everyone wanted a new maxx truck. im just praying to god that the hobbystores keep selling tmaxx stuff. hopefully they are designing and making a new maxx truck right now with maby a little bigger engine. i think they should make different types of engines for ur skill level. one thing i no for sure is that im keeping my maxx until i see how well the revo is doing.

RC Champion

Wink

Don't forget! Just because someone owns a revo, or any other truck for that matter, doesn't mean they can outdrive you and your maxx. Driving skills can make an incredible difference. The tmaxx is still an outstanding truck with outstanding support from Traxxas. Keep on drivin' and have fun!
    LSU TIGERS-SIMPLY THE BEST!

Nitromonster i agree with u 100%. btw where do you live in Pa?

Barry

RC Qualifier
    I live in Reading PA about 1 hour from Philadelphia.

kool im in montgomery about 20 mins from philly.

Barry

RC Qualifier
    do u no of any good bashing spots because there isnt much over where i live.

RC Competitor
    well im in upper darby/philly area if you 2 guys ever wanna meet somewhere for some bashing, just pm me and we can set something up..o and there a quite a few spots that i have eyed up also..but there is a nice school p. lot and a soccer field just down the street from me...lmk

RC Enthusiast
    personally just my opinion is that if traxxas wants to keep up woith the other MT's they should have put a .21 engine in that revo then it would be Edited due to language just my 2 cents
    Last edited by OvalQueen; 04-08-2004 at 12:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Since they are just releasing another variation of the Tmaxx then I doubt very seriously they are getting away from it. With all those Tmaxx's out there, it would be kinda crazy not to sell spare parts at your LHS.

the only good spot i know of is this construction site behind my nanas house. it has hills stone hills mud the whole thing but their bulilding fast so it wont be there very long.

Barry

RC Qualifier
    WOW all I can say is WOW......I have pent the last little while working on a clod-buster rock crawling project that I sold one of my T's to fund and I come back to this forum looking for an answer to a question and all heck has broken loose....Revo? Stadium Maxx? I am thrilled and I will be first in line at my LHS for a Revo.

But I have a couple of comments & questions wrt the Revo:

1. While a .21 in the Revo would have been cool. A properly tuned 2.5 will rock on most tracks especially shorter ones. So it should be fine. Just so long as .21 can be jamed in with conv. kits

2. I am wondering why they are even messing around with plastic drivshafts......why not just hook up with MIP and use CVDs. We all install them anyways. At that kind of price its not going to stop people from buying it...

3. As far as putting down the T. It should. Why would they offer two trucks that were close in performance & reliability & funtion and even market.

If the revo is going to be the high end race truck for traxxas then it should be that all the way . Go big or go home is my philosophy. If the T is staying on the market for a certain market then cool but bringing out a new truck that trounces the T is fine and in fact it will be necessary soon enough to compete with other trucks. The savage has already been revised twice, once to include beefier parts and a bigger motor and again to a kit form to allow customization Both of which are aimed at knocking the T-maxx off the top. Then you have Losi bringing a new truck and Associated.

I think traxxas is doing a great thing by acknowledging a strong commitment to the T and its aftermarket and also the commitment by all of us just by keeping it going rather than replacing it.

4. I also think we have to step back and think for a moment before we freak about "re-sale" and "investment"......these are toys and are not investments. Thats what mutual funds are for. The new one is always better than the old one and it should be.

Look at real cars.....the camaro got more and more performance each year but it never got quite the same stuff as the vette...always a step down in perf & price.....same thing here.

Secondly- WRT to the Stadium Maxx.

This seems awfully close to the sport maxx to be another model. Why not just revise the sport maxx accordingly and offer accessories as "X" parts for customization.

So thats my .02 or rather my 2 bucks!! Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the hobby shop....BOOM!

Thanks Guys- Enjoy the Awesome Hobby!
    Run What your Brung and Hope your Brung Enough......Or else go cook me some dinner!

RC Champion
    I think the changes to the 2.5 and the fuel tank are probably the best part of the truck. It will should be easier to tune for new folks thus getting more run time. I still think that with the mods and hop ups most of us have done, our T-Maxxs will give it a good run. Sirio and Fantom guys, I would'nt worry..
    Sirio .18 w/BB Pipe, FLM (.21 chassis / Bulkless Diffs w/Maximizer diffs), Crazy Nut Brakes, MIP/CVD, UE Ti Rear drive, RPM(arms/bumpers), MX-3. TRX BB shocks RC Raven springs

RC Champion
    I really should write down all your guys names because in a few months, you guys will all be owning a Revo. Come on, you know you will. I know I'm getting one!
    It's funny until someone hurts themself then it's hilarious!

I'm going to get a revo but I will never sell my Maxx. IMO when the revo hits stores you will find a lot of Maxxes for sale cheap. I know that I have $600 dollars in My t-maxx and I will always Have a special spot for it.

Legends Never Die
    t-maxx in pieces and an xl-5 rusty

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by Big Trux
    I really should write down all your guys names because in a few months, you guys will all be owning a Revo. Come on, you know you will. I know I'm getting one!
    Write down my name too bigtrux.... the list of not going to get the Revo for a while... hehehe
    I still enjoying my T-maxx enjoying the cheap Tmaxx aftermarket while you guys waiting for the order of your broken part arrive...
    no one will ever make the after market that fast...
    T-maxx keep their secret for the release well.....

JMO