Thread: RWD only 4-TEC?

Banned by Warnings

RWD only 4-TEC?

I don't race my 4-Tec, it only gets driven on the street in front of my house and in huge parking lots... I was wondering why couldn't I remove the 2 extra belts and front diff and so forth to remove a bit of weight and rotating weight form the car?

Has anyone done this?

I tryed searching for 2WD or RWD but can't becuase its not 4 characters

Dave

RC Champion
    You could do it easily, but they make touring cars 4wd for a reason, for grip. Try taking off the side belt and see how you like it in Rear wheel drive only, if you like it then take out the front diff and everything. It's your choice, but then again if your not racing, who cares about weight?
    Nitro Rustler decked in carbon fiber and blue anodized aluminum

A Nitro 4-tec waiting for it's turn

RC Qualifier
    When i used to drive my 4-Tec around, the belt managed to come off. It is not easy at all to go fast, one blip of the throttle and the car would spin. Just keep it 4WD, if you really want to see what its like, take the belt off.

RC Competitor
    dont run 2wheel drive it sucks i had the center belt fall off once so i was using it only rear wheel drive man i could drive 10 feet with out spinning out.

Banned by Warnings
    thanks for the info. I may try it just to goof around. Sometimes its fun to spin out.

RC Enthusiast
    My belts always managed to break on the back of the car so I ended up with an RC Honda(FWD). Kinda funny actually, but yeah, it will wheel spin on you in a heartbeat. Even with foamies mine would destroy the tires.

AC
    88 Mustang twin turbo...need a 4-tec for when the stang is down.....

Banned by Warnings
    haha that must have been fun lol, but i truely think there would b ne reason for rwd because if you rev that thing too high spinin out over time it will do some pretty good wearin on u piston and sleave

RC poster
    The piston and sleeve would not encounter any different operating conditions from spinning out a car/truck, the clutch somewhat acts as a buffer. What would take a beating in this case of (On and off) throttle, would be the crank but again the clutch acts as a buffer. Because of the clutch, the crank usually don't take a beating when cars/trucks spin out or what not either. Now lets look at a nitro powered boat with direct drive (No Clutch) because of the props jumping in and out of the water the cranks are more prone to failure from the stress they take. The engines in cars/trucks are more isolated from the stresses of running so they generally last longer with less internal wear or fractures.

Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    The piston and sleeve would not encounter any different operating conditions from spinning out a car/truck, the clutch somewhat acts as a buffer. What would take a beating in this case of (On and off) throttle, would be the crank but again the clutch acts as a buffer. Because of the clutch, the crank usually don't take a beating when cars/trucks spin out or what not either. Now lets look at a nitro powered boat with direct drive (No Clutch) because of the props jumping in and out of the water the cranks are more prone to failure from the stress they take. The engines in cars/trucks are more isolated from the stresses of running so they generally last longer with less internal wear or fractures.
    While perhaps still a valid point, this thread was last active almost five thousand, four hundred, and seventy-four (5,474) days (or 14 years, 11 months, 27 days) ago.

foxbodyford may have a foxbodyfordjr by now! Let's just hope he doesn't name him foxbodyfordii... the ii models weren't ford's brightest offerings, lol.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =