oveRPower

I want 3hp! what to get?

Im looking to jump on the big block Band Wagon. Im wanting 3 hp what motor's make that kind of power?
    I loved Promods video's with the wasp .26.
    Tower is showing a wasp.28 coming out in sept think the increase will bump it over the 3 hp mark?

Any suggestion's would be appreciated.

HighHat
    The guys at RC zone says they'll be selling a new motor that has 3.7 hp soon he has one in now that he'll be testing.
    http://www.zonecentral.org/ it's not on theyre site yet. I can't wait. too bad i just put in a wasp .21 sb last night

oveRPower
    That will be intresting to see.

Where can you get these kind of motor's ported at?
    Doe's it make a big diffrence?

oveRPower
    here is the .28 Wasp, Im thinking i will get this once it come's out.
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHGU0&P=ML

RC poster
    why dont you just get that sirio .23 its supposed to be awesome.
    it is 3.8 cc so it should rule
    the faster u go the harder it is to see what just went by

oveRPower
    I would find it hard spending that much on a .23 when i could get the BB wasp for 2/3 the price.
    but I can't knock either seeing i don't have them.

RC poster
    The new Peak Racing Diablo .28 is the same engine as the new Wasp .28 and it is cheaper on Tower.

RC Champion
    id say go with one of the engines that are already out and tested. 28 sze engines will not fit unless your using a starter box.
    they are just to big.

wasp 26. awesome power fairly cheap/ just as finnicky as the 2.5r though

big engines like my rb28 do not fit. unless you are using a starter box. the pullstart will not clear the a arms.

personally out of those 2 engines if i had to start over again id get the wasp for 3 reasons

1 you cant beat the power to cost ratio
    2 you can use a roto start on it so theres no dealing with broken strings on a pullstarter
    3 it has more topend than my rb28, even though that may not be a fair comparison since the rb has less than a gallon through it
    and the wasp is completelyt broken inn
    My Revo is much faster than yours

oveRPower
    So would the case of the .28 be bigger then the .26? I was thinking they just bored it a bit more.

But the wasp.26 fit's with no problems with the rear arm?

RC Champion
    i can only compare between my wasp and my rb but yes the case on the 28 is huge. even a bigblock motor mount that fits the wasp perfectly has to be ground down to fit the 28. the issus with the 28 though is that the pullstarter is bigger than a normal ps. it actually sits back so far that it hits even the new era offset arm,

when you buy the conversion from new era it comes with an aluminum offset arm. it only comes with one arm though. if you want to keep your truck looking even he sells a single aluminum arm seperately

oveRPower
    you think there is any way you could post a picture showing the diffrence's between the one that come with the kit and the stock one?
    maybe a few other pic's of your wasp set up

I'm telling you guys.

Thunder tiger .70.

Btw, that's at idle.

RC Champion
    Originally posted by HighHat
    The guys at RC zone says they'll be selling a new motor that has 3.7 hp soon he has one in now that he'll be testing.
    http://www.zonecentral.org/ it's not on theyre site yet. I can't wait. too bad i just put in a wasp .21 sb last night
    here's a little more on that engine:

http://www.lrp-electronic.com/e/news...ail.asp?id=784
    T-maxx 3.3
    Savage X
    Revo

RC Champion
    heres a link to my thread with a couple of pics. the a arm just has a little L shape right behind the engine to give it some clearance.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...hreadid=242505

RC poster
    How about a Yugo!

RC Competitor

Thumbs down

Wasp.28 only has 2.85 hp. sad!!

RC Champion
    Originally posted by Revo75028
    Wasp.28 only has 2.85 hp. sad!!
    how is that sad? the wasp .26 was only rated @ 2.7.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Savage X
    Revo

oveRPower
    Well the vid's of pro mods .26 are just insane let alone another horse and a 1/2 or what ever it is. that's like putting a nother 2.5 on it

herehttp://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=30490
    thats about as much power as the tiger gets, i think it would be too much, not that much fun

RC Champion
    2.5maxx and pro 15 rustler

RC Qualifier
    You guys realise that those horsepower claims mean nothing right? There's no standard that they use, a company could claim any power they want. Don't base everything on horsepower CLAIMS...

but it's your cash, do with it what you will.

Banned by Warnings
    Originally posted by OneBigMan647
    I'm telling you guys.

Thunder tiger .70.

Btw, that's at idle.
    LOL, at idle....

Here are a good engine too 3.1 hp isnt that bad

oveRPower
    would you guy's reccomend this Picco P2? Would this fit in any of the new era mount's?
    http://www.lightninghobby.com/store/...dproduct=29456

HighHat
    Yes New Era has the mount kit, it works well but some minor moding is nrcessary. I used the mount kit for my Orion Wasp .21 conversion. it was made for the P2 though, i may be wrong but either way it will work.

RC Competitor
    How is that sad you asked. Compared to the Wasp 26 it's sad because it's a bigger engine and only .15 more hp.

...........Come on

It could be like the OS .18 they claimed it was 1.35hp and then it got dynoed at 1.56. How dare them underrate their engines. Sure it's not 3hp but it just backs up what the manufacturers claim for hp and how it may differ in the real world. Numbers are meaning less real world performance is what it's all about.

RC Champion
    Are you guys using these .26s and .28s yet? i would think it would tear up the tranny and diffs like .21s did in the t-maxx. i am thinking about getting a REVO and if it can handle at least a .21 i'll try and pick one up

Claimed hp is 2.9hp Off road engine actual tested is 2.419. That's half a hp difference! So don't pay any attention to hp claims. Use them as a rough estimate give or take a few points in either direction.

RC Enthusiast
    RB C5 3++++HP,More power than most people can use.What I have found out about big power in monster trucks is,you spend more time trying to keep the front end down than learning how to drive.Slower is faster,keep the truck moveing and smooth.The small block .21 is all you need.You have seen the movie with the Revo that has a .26 in it,do you think he could race that.Maybe on a MX dirt bike track.The more power you add to these monster truck,the less control you have in the air off a jump.If you have to have the biggest baddest motor go RB,they are the best out.Also get a extra set of diffs and tranny,you will need it!
    REVO W/Wasp SB.21

Banned by Warnings
    I considered a BB for my REVO but after talking to the tech guys at traxxas they said the tranny cant handle it. You will atleast need to do the FOC and even then youll have a tough time.

He said the truck should have no problems running a .21 SB.
    I can get a picco .21 for $180 new....Im considering. I love me revo but man it lacks PUNCH!

RC Qualifier
    3 hp? How about a Lawn Boy?