RC Racer

Motor cans and armature

Is a Trinity D-5 motor can the same as Trinity speed gems pro can, and are the the armatures the same length? Thanks

The D5 has a D5 can. The Speed Gem Pros use the D4 can. I believe all Trinity 540 armatures are the same length though.

RC Racer
    What I really wanted to know is if a speed gem pro armature will work in a d5 can? What I wanted to do is buy a Trinity D5 9 Turn Modified Motor and replace the armature after it is worn out, I want to replace it with the Trinity Serpentine 14T Double Armature so would it work? Thanks
    Last edited by gigabyte; 09-04-2004 at 09:59 PM.

Originally posted by gigabyte
    What I really wanted to know is if a speed gem pro armature will work in a d5 can?
    You could have saved some time by asking your actual question in the first place.
    What I wanted to do is buy a Trinity D5 9 Turn Modified Motor and replace the armature after it is worn out, I want to replace it with the Trinity Serpentine 14T Double Armature so would it work? Thanks
    That would work, but wouldn't it be easier to just buy a 14 turn D5? I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to run a 9 turn in a Pede. It wouldn't take long before you needed a new armature.
    Last edited by razer; 09-04-2004 at 10:05 PM.

RC Racer
    It is going in a 4 tec but it was a general question so I thought I would post it here

RC Enthusiast
    who here has a spare armature for the stock xmaxx motor that I can buy please my armature gave way today and the can is still ok