RC Racer

Question Do you like the 120mm??

Does anyone use the 120mm rockers and like them, what kind of bashing have you been able to do with them.
    lots of people seem to hate them, I like how you can go up and down curbs like a spider with the 120's on. do the 90's handle that much better than the 120mm.
    would the stock set up on the revo be better for someone who does some pretty hard bashing? or will the 120's do the same? the only thing I do not like on the 120mm is it bottoms out easy, does the setup with the 90mm rockers that come on the revo stock just as soft?
    what is the main diffrence about the 120 and the 90? except the travel...
    "Revo-Rules"

Banned by Warnings
    I use them lots and love the set up. If your climbing its the way to go.
    Die hard thrashing .......you will want to go to 90 mm they are less likely to fold on impact.....Due to a bad landing.

I love it though for everyday tearing up and down stuff.

RC Champion
    I had the 120 mm rockers on at one time, I preferred the 90 mm rockers and put them back on. However I did put the #3 pistons in the front shocks and moved them to the back and move the shocks in the back to the front (come from factory with #2's in the rear) as part of the conversion, after I put the 90mm rockers back on I left the shocks the way they were. I also ran the 120 mm springs with the 90 mm rockers for a while, but they were too stiff for me so I put 90 mm springs back on - purple in the rear and pink in the front. The rear left rocker arm would come very close to the wires for the easy start and I got nervous and took them off. I no longer use the ez start, but I found that I can still crawl over 12 x 12 railroad ties with the 90 mm rockers which equates to enough articulation for me.

oveRPower
    I was planning on trying the 120's with the LT spring's with 80 wt in the shock's.
    Anyone think this would prevent bttoming out?

RC Champion
    I never bottomed out when I ran the LT rocker with the springs. I had my spring adjusters all the way cranked down and on the highest ride height, so I guess that kind of defeated the purpose of using them.
    Last edited by plcjeep; 10-04-2004 at 08:06 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    My 120mm bottoms out way too easy too, and sags quite bad in the back. I'm going to try different oil in the shocks and see if it helps.

RC Racer
    I did the piston change and I am running 60 weight oil all around and it still bottoms out fairly easy with the 120's...
    but I love them, thats the only thing I dont like about them is the bottoming out thing...
    "Revo-Rules"

RC Competitor
    I am running the 120mm rockers and i like them, but then again i do little jumping and more rock crawling and tough offroading. My house is back in the woods, with a gravel driveway and and area with a lot of grante rocks everywhere, plus a 200ft strip of level lawn for high speed. I like the 120mm with the stiffer spring for them, but you do have to run them a bit stiff in the back. It all depends what your doing, if you jumping stick with the P1s or get some P2s, if you do a lot of offroading and want lots on travel put on the 120s. the major difference is the 120mm have even resisance as the compress, and the P1 gets stiffer the farther the suspension compresses, i think the 120mm are better to keep from rolling over in the turns cause they dont get stiffer as the outside shocks compress in the turn and help keep the CG lower, but dunno jus my opinion. have fun.

RC Competitor
    I installed the LT rockers shortly after brake in and have been running with them since. My bro and his friends love the insane brake dive and the way the front end lifts up during acceleration. Plus I don't know any other rc truck that can go over something thats taller than it. I just love the insane suspension articulation. I might also make a video this weekend if i have time.