RC Competitor

Have a Tmaxx, should I trade for an Emaxx?

I have a tmaxx, and i love it, but isn't the emaxx easier to deal with and i could mess around with it inside too? Also, isn't it possible to upgrade the emaxx with bigger electric motors to make it faster?

I thinking of trading and I wanted some opinions.

RC Enthusiast
    well if you trade then ur losing all the power shur the e-maxx is a good truck but why go from nitro to electric that is just lame. no offence but stick with nitro. what t-maxx do you have is it the 2.5 or the old one. what kind of problems are you having with it?

stick with nitro
    Revo,T-maxx,Savage 4.6,Jato3.3,Axial Scorpin

RC Enthusiast
    yes you can get bigger electric motors, but you can also git bigger engines in nitro, plus nitro is much better i think, and whats the use of running it inside?
    Tmaxx 2.5

RC Competitor
    Well, I don't like smelling like nitro, I don't like how I have to adjust it, and spill gas all over, plus i can run the emaxx inside.

RC Enthusiast
    well its up to you, but id go with nitro, what is so good about running it inside, if your trying to run it in your house, its probally to quick to have that much fun with it
    Tmaxx 2.5

RC Enthusiast
    well why do you want to run inside its not like ull be able to hit big jumps or anything like that but do what you want im just telling you that ull miss ur t-maxx. if you wanted to do all that stuff why did you get the e-maxx in the first place?

RC Racer
    If you want something you can run inside then get the emaxx. They are pretty quick, but keep in mind they have 2 motors and need to batteries to run. You may get 8 min out of a battery.....if it where me I would keep the tmaxx and buy an OS carb. Indoors running is pretty boring after awhile and you need some good room to drive it. Personally I have just switched from electric to nitro a few monthes ago and I will never go back. Charging batteries sucks.
    Tmaxx add-ons: O.S. 10D carb, Hitec high torque steering servo, hump pack, trinity black springs, roll cage, fuel filter, pull start, rpm A-arms, rpm shock towers...not a bad start ehh

RC Racer
    Originally posted by School 0f Maxx
    First off, you can not run an E-Maxx inside. The slow running and short bursts will burn out your motors and your speed control. That itself should be enough for you NOT to get an E-Maxx. If you want to run inside your house then get a Losi Mini-T or any of the other 1/18th scale electrics.

Now, you think tuning your Nitro engine is a pain? Wait until you get a two engine, two battery electric truck. You have to take care of your batteries in an almost obsessive compulsive way to keep them in good condition. This takes up half of your time. You have to have a lot of batteries to make running any fun. You will get 8 to 10 minutes of runtime out of two batteries and then you have to let them cool for 15 minutes before charging. Then you have to wait 15 to 20 minutes for the batteries to peak charge. That's over 30 minutes of waiting after only 8 minutes of running. If you have four batteries it is a little better but, you will still do a lot of waiting. Let's say you have four charged batteries, you run for 8 minutes on the first two and then put them on the charger and run for 8 minutes on the other batteries. After 8 minutes of running, you still have to wait 10 minutes for the first batteries to finish charging. Does this sound like fun? With nitro, you just fill up the tank when it runs out and keep on running, no waiting at all.

Now let's talk about price. In order for you to get all the parts, it is very expensive. You HAVE to have decent batteries and they are at least $35 a piece and you need two. Also, a regular charger will not cut it. You have to have an adjustable NiMH PEAK charger to fully charge your batteries and take care of them. You also HAVE to have a good discharger to make sure your batteries are conditioned properly or you will be buying new batteries often.

Dude, I race electric 2WD buggies and love it but, it just isn't worth the money to convert from nitro to electric. You will hate it after you do it. If you want electric, save up and get an E-Maxx to have WITH your T-Maxx. That is the only way it is worth it.
    I fully agree, period. But its YOUR decision.
    04' T-Maxx 2.5 (Blown Motor)
    Coming soon, a REVO!

RC Enthusiast
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by School 0f Maxx
    First off, you can not run an E-Maxx inside. The slow running and short bursts will burn out your motors and your speed control. That itself should be enough for you NOT to get an E-Maxx. If you want to run inside your house then get a Losi Mini-T or any of the other 1/18th scale electrics.

Now, you think tuning your Nitro engine is a pain? Wait until you get a two engine, two battery electric truck. You have to take care of your batteries in an almost obsessive compulsive way to keep them in good condition. This takes up half of your time. You have to have a lot of batteries to make running any fun. You will get 8 to 10 minutes of runtime out of two batteries and then you have to let them cool for 15 minutes before charging. Then you have to wait 15 to 20 minutes for the batteries to peak charge. That's over 30 minutes of waiting after only 8 minutes of running. If you have four batteries it is a little better but, you will still do a lot of waiting. Let's say you have four charged batteries, you run for 8 minutes on the first two and then put them on the charger and run for 8 minutes on the other batteries. After 8 minutes of running, you still have to wait 10 minutes for the first batteries to finish charging. Does this sound like fun? With nitro, you just fill up the tank when it runs out and keep on running, no waiting at all.

Now let's talk about price. In order for you to get all the parts, it is very expensive. You HAVE to have decent batteries and they are at least $35 a piece and you need two. Also, a regular charger will not cut it. You have to have an adjustable NiMH PEAK charger to fully charge your batteries and take care of them. You also HAVE to have a good discharger to make sure your batteries are conditioned properly or you will be buying new batteries often.

Dude, I race electric 2WD buggies and love it but, it just isn't worth the money to convert from nitro to electric. You will hate it after you do it. If you want electric, save up and get an E-Maxx to have WITH your T-Maxx. That is the only way it is worth it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree to stay with nitro its better then electric

RC Qualifier
    I have both a t-maxx and an e-maxx...and although ever since the day I bought my t-maxx its never worked, I do know that the e-maxx is alot easier to maintain and run...theres no tuning, warm up, fuel, starters...you just charge the batteries and go. However, the e-maxx is slower than the t-maxx...this does mean less things break casue your runnig into stuff at lower speeds...but it depends weither you want to compromise that for speed. Getting an e-maxx to go as fast as a stock t-maxx will cost you around $500+ for a brushless motor setup.
    TRX 2.5R, Complete set of MiP CVD's, Venon Temp Guage, RPM Towers, Venom Receiver Pack, JR XR2I Radio and Receiver, RPM Body Mounts.

RC Champion
    Keep the T-MAXX and get a Losi or AE mini stadium truck. They would be great if you had a big enough house for them.
    Last edited by JMAC; 10-23-2004 at 08:43 PM.

RC Competitor
    man....who dosent like the smell of nitro anyways....I know I do....I love it.....

RC poster
    I have a TMaxx and my 10 year old son has an EMaxx. They are both great trucks that are fun to drive and tinker with. But the speed and the power of a TMaxx is the best. Sometimes it is a little work to maintain, but it is worth it. I would say keep the TMaxx and buy the EMaxx as well that way you have both.
    Oop's

Banned by Warnings
    First of all I've never burned out my speed control or motors racing inside. It can also be fun to drive inside because it is really challenging. I enjoy my T-maxx but the e-maxx will always be my favorite.

Go E-maxx

RC Enthusiast

why

Believe me man you will regret it. I had a nitro buggy and got rid of it. I got a electric and it was just to slow. Plus the run time is a a killer. You have to keep recharging batteries, and it's not as fast as a t. Like everyone else said it's up to you, but you will realize its a mistake in the end.

RC Racer

Re: Have a Tmaxx, should I trade for an Emaxx?

Originally posted by alfneedsweapons
    I have a tmaxx, and i love it, but isn't the emaxx easier to deal with and i could mess around with it inside too?

I'd never play w/ mine inside. It's got too much torque. If you want something to play w/ inside, I'd recommend either a Venom Mini-Giant or a Tamiya TLT-1. Not trying to knock Traxxas products by any means. It's just that the 1/18th stuff is a lot more fun inside.