Thread: OS 10D Carb?

RC poster

OS 10D Carb?

Does anyone now where I can get an OS 10d Carb? I heard that it will help my car with its bogging problem. Is this true?

you can find it on tower hobbies, and it imo is a ton easier to keep the engined tuned. i hardly ever touch the needles! good luck
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Champion
    When is it bogging, at WOT? if so it's to lean try richening up the HSN just a 1/16 until it stops doing that.

RC poster
    It boggs when I take off

Banned by Warnings
    all t-maxxes bogg it is the tranny it reguires centrifuigal force to extend the pawls so they all bogg on the takeoff

R/Cnut
    Here is a link to the o.s. 10D from tower hobbies click here

RC poster
    No it boggs more than it used to now it takes me about 10 seconds to get going

RC Racer
    I dont mean to threadjack, but I dont think I should start a whole new OS 10D thread for this. Anyway, here is my question. I just got the OS 10D from tower, and it doesnt come with any instructions or anything.

Does anyone know where the defualts are supposed to be set, say if I move things around too much and need to adjust them.

Also, the throttle arm from the stock carb doesnt fit perfectly on the 10D, I had to mount the carb at a slight angle. Is that what most of you did, or is it better to make a new arm or something? Also, it only has one O ring, compared to two on the stock carb, is the one good enough?
    -Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5, GH tuned Pipe, GH cooling Head, OS 10D carb, Motorsaver Filter, Venom Failsafe and Temp Sensor, Modified Receiver/Transmitter using 2500 mah NiMH batteries, RPM A Arms and Custom Painted Proline Hummer Body
    -Stock Traxxas Nitro Sport pro .15 (Possibly upgrading to a 3.3 soon).

RC Qualifier
    Yes you do need to mount the carb at an angle to work well, just make sure it clears the fly wheel and you'll be fine.My lsn is at
    2 1/8 from closed and my hsn is at 1 3/4 from closed. This gives me good power and temps consistantly around 210-220 degrees farenheight. I live at sea level, use 15% nitro 18% oil. Ambient temp around 20 degrees celcius. Hope this helps
    Just Breathe!!!!!

RC Racer
    Yeah, that should help me out, thanks!
    -Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5, GH tuned Pipe, GH cooling Head, OS 10D carb, Motorsaver Filter, Venom Failsafe and Temp Sensor, Modified Receiver/Transmitter using 2500 mah NiMH batteries, RPM A Arms and Custom Painted Proline Hummer Body
    -Stock Traxxas Nitro Sport pro .15 (Possibly upgrading to a 3.3 soon).

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by boohoo583
    It boggs when I take off
    I had the same problem with my Nitro Rustler. I was running my LSN too lean. So richening it up 1/4 turn should correct your bogging problem. If it's still bogging a little, make 1/16 turn adjustments till it has full acceleration.

Hope this helps you out!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Your problem isn't the carb, it's your tune. All carbs need to be tuned.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lagst81
    I had the same problem with my Nitro Rustler. I was running my LSN too lean. So richening it up 1/4 turn should correct your bogging problem. If it's still bogging a little, make 1/16 turn adjustments till it has full acceleration.

Hope this helps you out!
    I hope he's already sorted it out as this thread is almost 5 years old

Quote Originally Posted by 8_W.O.T_8
    all t-maxxes bogg it is the tranny it reguires centrifuigal force to extend the pawls so they all bogg on the takeoff
    No they do not bog, Yes the tranny uses centrifugal clutches, but a Bog at the start means the mixtures are not right 9 times out of 10.

Try this tuning helper and follow it step by step. I bet your bog will change to wheelies. http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...wpost&t=334452
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

I will let you know this also. I think nitro is correct. In addition, I have the 10D carb and used to use it and I had issues with vapor locking. That is part to due with it being made of metal.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s