RC Competitor

Question Overheating 1 More Time

OK IVE CHEKED IT ALL OVER AND OVER AND OVER MY REVO RUNS AROUND 310 ALL THE TIME GREAT PROFOMACE AND GREAT TRAIL OF BLUE SMOKE, IS THIS OK,
    THANKS EVERYBODY THIS FORUM HAS TAUGHT ME ALOT,
    MY WIFE SAYS IM SUCH AN IDIOT

RC Racer
    Sounds fine to me. 310 is a little high though, should be around 290-300 max. Please don't type in all capital letters though, because it makes you look like a noob

RC Champion
    Technically you shouldn't go above 270. This time of year it should be lower (140 to 160 degrees above outside temp). Make sure that you temp guage is calibrated and you have no air leaks, and your needles aren't too lean. Your engine won't last as long at higher temperatures. But, if your performance is good and you are happy, then go with it. Make sure when you check your LSN by pinching the fuel line that the rpms increase slightly and then die. On your HSN if you go WOT, you should get no sputter or choke out.

RC Qualifier
    Just richen the thing out. The 2.5 isnt gonna keep the same tune every single day you run it. You'll need to richen/lean accordingly.

Just do it in very small increments, richen the low speed until it starts getting sluggish on takeoffs, then lean it back out a little to the point where the sluggishness goes away. Same with the high speed needle. Richen it up a bit till it can't climb RPM's well in second gear to full speed, then lean it back down little by little till it's satisfactory, but not overdone so you're back to high temps.
    Traxxas TRX-4 Bronco

RC Enthusiast
    Mine wont run under 300 and then it dies and wont start.

I dont like this motor at all unless there are more issues I am not aware of

Clayton

RC Racer
    Put a Sirio 23 in it..It'll solve all your problems.That's what i did
    Sirio 23 Revo/ 1 normal 2.5r Revo(Sold)/1 Emaxx/Savage 25 RTR (sold)/Hpi evo,Brand NEW 4.6 big block Savage SS KIT.(and it's a BLAST)

RC Enthusiast
    I didnt buy a truck with an engine to have to spend more money on an engine, I expect it to run out of the box..

Clayton

RC Racer
    Eh you think like me...but putting a Sirio 23 will solve your problems.

check your fuel tank O ring

check see if you have small exhaust leeeeeeek somewhere

You gotta hole in your windshield?Maybe side windows too.

Any leaks of any kind? Around Hsn needle housing?Around Carb base?
    Sirio 23 Revo/ 1 normal 2.5r Revo(Sold)/1 Emaxx/Savage 25 RTR (sold)/Hpi evo,Brand NEW 4.6 big block Savage SS KIT.(and it's a BLAST)

RC Competitor
    Originally posted by Vertigo
    Mine wont run under 300 and then it dies and wont start.

I dont like this motor at all unless there are more issues I am not aware of

Clayton
    Vertigo..I had the same problem Bud....problem with me...a stretched O ring in the fuel cap. I replaced it and the engine never goes over 270 anymore..not even after full blast max. speeds.... just my .2 cents..

RC Enthusiast
    I gave up and put the truck on the shelf, cant be bothered, too much fun with my other trucks to worry about it.

I did run across someone local with the same problem and the same result, the one way siezes up, he too had less than 6 tanks through it. I am very disappointed and am just happy I have other trucks to play with, If I could only afford one truck I would be completely disgruntled.

I will look at the cap however a new truck should not be seeing these issues yet.

Clayton