RC Qualifier

My maxx truggy pics

Here's my hybrid. The mods i have for now are RPM shock towers, 8 1/8 scale shocks, Picco .26, centre diff, dual brake with bias.

Today is breaking in time for that beast!

We'll see what holds up.
    T-Maxx ~ Dominator-Maxx hybrid ~ Monster Pirate ~ Lightning Stadium Pro ~ Revo stock

Banned by Warnings
    Awesome truck! I also race my truck...... bet I could beat you! Good luck with break-in.

RC Qualifier
    hmm... you're lucky your thousands of miles away from me
    You should come to our track someday

Billy
    T-Maxx ~ Dominator-Maxx hybrid ~ Monster Pirate ~ Lightning Stadium Pro ~ Revo stock

RC Qualifier
    That thing looks unreal. I'll bet it screams around the track. It would be interesting to know how easy it is to control the torque at take off versus how hard you can hit it with a 2.5.

How much does it weigh?
    The more fun I have the more I seem to break.

The way to finish first is to finish in the first place.

Banned by Warnings
    Actually I probably couldn't beat you. Could you provide a link to those shocks, I like them a lot. Maybe once I get my picco .21 I'll race you. Once again, awesome truck!

RC Qualifier
    it weighs around 8.5 lbs. The shocks are Dominator shocks link . You can find them on e-bay for much cheaper. As regards traction, I used a high tooth CB to remove as much torque as i could, plus it has a centre diff to help for traction. With that kind of CB it will crazy top speed.

Just another 2 pics -

Billy

RC Qualifier
    youve worn your tyres quick lol
    Glory Glory MaN UnItEd! GlOrY GlOrY Man UniTeD!

R.I.P GOEGIE BEST "RED LEGEND"
    MY T MAXX ALBUM COPY TO SEE
    http://www.freepichosting.com/Album.aspx?folder=500982

Banned by Warnings
    nice

STC
    The only parts I can see that are meant for the Tmaxx are the A-arms and even those are made by RPM

I will have my stop-watch ready for this evening, don't forget there's a modification at the track. C ya. Kid, I still have faith in my OS.18 powered Maxx, but I'll keep my mouth shut until I see your truck in action.

RC Qualifier
    were are the pics ?
    English is not my thang read post at own risk!

RC Racer
    Ya, don't see any pic's either...
    Millenia in coming, the modern age is here. It sanctifies the future, yet renders us with fear. So many theories, so many prophecies, What we do need is a change of ideas.

RC Racer
    Man, come on over to the wes' side and show up a battle, ya heard?? well, dawg, nice truck, up with yall cent dif, and all yall other truggy mods, have fun up in conneticut, aight dawg, PEACE .
    Traxxas tmaxx: toooooo much stuff!!
    Rs4 3 evo: alot of stuff!!!
    Almost rc18t: reedy 6 cell 1100 mah pack and a mamba brushless system in a while!

RC Competitor
    Nice!! I myself have been eyeing a GS SUT Truggy. My buddy has one and I love the way that thing handles, both on and off the track. But I like your setup. Is that the Dominator setup with T-Maxx Truggy conversion? I might just scrap a new truck and mod mine like that.

>>>Off Topic

T-Evo Racer...where do you bash? I'll be at the Malibu Castle Tomorrow (open dirt lot) around noonish if you want to come out.

>>>Thx
    My second Traxxas hobby: eating oranges and reading the forums for countless hours on Sunday nights

RC Racer
    Here is a pic of my conversion to lite Racer

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice isnt it?
    AKA "Truggy"
    "The Puerto Rican RedNeck"

Banned by Warnings
    Nice! If you race it though I'd stick on a pullstart, better pipe, and a MS airfilter.

RC Racer
    It dominates the track just fine the way it is. The driving is what makes it around the track so quickly.
    AKA "Truggy"

Banned by Warnings
    I agree it's the driver not the truck.

RC Racer
    it's mainly the driver, but if you have a really bad set up car then theres no way you can do good, but all the cars or trucks are set up really good then most of the time comes down to the driver.
    Almost rc18t: reedy 6 cell 1100 mah pack and a mamba brushless system in a while!

RC Racer
    how'd you mount buggy wings on yourmaxxs, I want to do that for more down force.

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by T-EVO RACER
    how'd you mount buggy wings on yourmaxxs, I want to do that for more down force.
    yeah i would like to know how to put a wing on mine

is it possible???
    Glory Glory MaN UnItEd! GlOrY GlOrY Man UniTeD!

R.I.P GOEGIE BEST "RED LEGEND"
    MY T MAXX ALBUM COPY TO SEE
    http://www.freepichosting.com/Album.aspx?folder=500982

RC Racer
    I used the mugen mbx-5 wing stays, wing mount and wing. It comes up to around 25.00 bucks for the whole thing. You will have to take the motor off first then put the top screws from the opposite side towards the back and the lower ones the regular way on the part where the shock tower and the bulkeheads meet. It is very easy and it works awesome for the downforce. It really help my truck handle much better and get better traction in the track, the only mod I have left in my plans is the double brake disk set up and a rd logics pipe since I messed up my last one in a bad crash.
    AKA "Truggy"

RC Racer
    The pull start weight saved does not really makes that much difference. I love the ease of the easy start. It get me off the pits faster than yanking that thing two or three times.
    AKA "Truggy"

RC Qualifier
    Just came back from breaking in this beast. I am speechless. The picco is a motherload of power. I barely leaned it all from breaking in settings and the power it has is insane. Temperatures never went over 170 and i am afraid to lean it, there's such an excess of power. There are everal thing i have to arrange before i can race it so in the mean time i'll use the other Maxx probably. After 5 tanks the clutch started slipping badly. This was a brand new ofna 1/8 clutch, I'll have to go aluminium. I'll have to change the diff oils. i'm going 30K - 50K - 10K front - centre - rear. Currently I am 15K - 30K - 5K. I have a bad feeling that this engine will destroy every part of this truck. Hope I'm wrong.

RC Racer
    aight, I'm getting a proling wing set though, then a mugen wing post. are there different downforces on them, like low, med and high downforce?

RC Qualifier
    Just beneath the wing there are two screws with which you can change the angle of the wing and tweak as u wish.

Banned by Warnings
    wehres ur air filter

RC Qualifier
    i was just in the process of rebuilding everything.... there's no air filter, fuel lines, steering plate and some other stuff.

STC
    Now that I have seen and driven your truck, I have to agree that the Picco is wild. It has so much raw power I thought that the tyres would rip off the rim just by centrifugal force. I also found that it was quite controllable as long that you're not trigger happy and get carried away but it's sooooooooooo tempting.

I really don't know how you can use that kind of power at our local track, but if you're able to do that then nothing can stop you. We'll see this weekend when you're up with the pros
    You know who I'm talking about apart from myself Yeah right!

RC Qualifier
    took a day off work today i need to sort out too much stuff on the truck before the weekend. The news is that the engine didn't melt the clutch but it actually broke the shoes.

I managed to sort out the throttle linkage. I set it on a throttle ratio of 70/30 and now the throttle response is much better. I am convinced that gentle finger with this thing will make a good truck out of it. We'll see what the weekend offers, I am determined to drive slowly as long as I am first lol

Billy

RC Qualifier
    UPDATE! The truck is running like a dream. If you plan to get the engine be prepared to burn your tires very frequently. I am not saying that my bow ties were brand new but after a couple of tanks they totally flatted out. The middle part of the tires doesn't have any spikes anymore it is totally flat. I am opting for maxx mulchers or 40 series bow ties.

Banned by Warnings
    Awesome truck! Good luck racing it this season.

-emaxxer2002

RC Enthusiast

Re: My maxx truggy pics

check out e bay for the dominator t maxx i typed my zip 63052 and choose the closies distance to me and u will see 1 20 miles from me check it out and tell me what u think talked to guy on phone and his researve price iis 300 with nothing
    Originally posted by BillyTheKid
    Here's my hybrid. The mods i have for now are RPM shock towers, 8 1/8 scale shocks, Picco .26, centre diff, dual brake with bias.

Today is breaking in time for that beast!

We'll see what holds up.

RC Racer
    Does anyone else find it funny that it looks like Babaluman has spent many many $$$$ on his truck, yet still runs with the stock radio???

what did you guys do to convert your Maxxes to truggies? I know some people that jsut got a RTR buggy and added the Maxx arms/towers, but I'm curious to know how you guys did it