Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    i had some fun a few days ago in the snow. Let the pics speak for themselve:

the good thing is it looks brand new now its all dry
    and call me crazy for not plasti dipping the servos or battery pack
    :D

RC Competitor
    Somebody run that Savage down, get in front of it and show it how muddy it can get!!!!!!! I have 2 T's and one Savage --- it goes on ebay tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mark 4:41
    Tis the SON!

Banned by Warnings
    snow = not dirty

DENIED

j/k

RC Qualifier
    Those snow pics look pretty cool. I bet a Maxx is a lot of fun in the snow.

All we ever get is rain.
    For the dirt: T-Maxx, Fantom .18, all RPM. RC10T3. RC10GT. For the street: Power Racing XR-80, 1/8th scale, W/stock .27. Mugen MTX-3 W/O.S. 18TZ. Yokomo Gt-4 W/Novarossi CT12. For the water: Traxxas Blast deep vee boat. Radio: Airtronics M8 with the Spektrum system.

RC Enthusiast
    Originally posted by RobH

lots of people use denatured alcohol and a compressed air can
    Is denatured alcohol, just rubbing alcohol???

RC Qualifier
    No, It's different. I think Rubbing Alcohol has more water content but I'm not sure. I use Denatured and it works ok.
    For the dirt: T-Maxx, Fantom .18, all RPM. RC10T3. RC10GT. For the street: Power Racing XR-80, 1/8th scale, W/stock .27. Mugen MTX-3 W/O.S. 18TZ. Yokomo Gt-4 W/Novarossi CT12. For the water: Traxxas Blast deep vee boat. Radio: Airtronics M8 with the Spektrum system.

RC Enthusiast
    I asked my dad and he said it is 100% alcohol. but with and additive to make you very sick if you drink it. I guess the 100% is why it works so well. I will have to find some, because I am not going to pay 8 bucks for the nitro buster or something like that, at the hobby shop.

RC poster
    we have 200 proof alcohol at work that is NOT denatured. some for me, some for my tmaxx!!!

the cost for tax/ship is crazy...it more than doubles the price!!

RC Enthusiast

Re: Re: What a T-Maxx 'should' look like

Originally posted by Maxxlover

Oh my gosh, It looks like that thing was pulled out of the bottom of a swamp!! Here's my Sportmaxx (when it still had only a few hop-ups) when I brought it camping with me. Nothing to brag about.

do people get very mad when u bring it camping, because I want to bring my 8th buggy camping with me but its pretty loud????
    Driver till the wheels fall off!!!!

They weren't really mad, just a little annoyed. I was using it near a bunch of people sitting around a fire ring, and one of them told me to use it a little farther away because some people were a little iratated by the noise, so I used the truck farther away, and everyone was happy! Including me!! You should bring your buggy, maybe no one will be annoyed, or you can bring it somewhere else at the campground, where no one will be bothered. Once I went camping (I didn't bring my truck ), and the people in the camper next to ours had a bone-stock T-maxx, and one of the workers at the camp-ground had a hopped-up Savage, and they both used their trucks and no one seemed annoyed enough to complain, and some people even gathered around to watch! Man, I really regretted the fact that I didn't bring my truck, I wanted to bomb around with the other trucks. The people with the T-maxx said it was a week old (and by the looks of the truck, any one would've believed them! it was so clean), and it was their first nitro car, but they didn't seem to know how to tune it, they were going full-throttle on the grassy area without a wind-shield cut-out in the body, and they brought the truck in to refuel it, and steam was shooting out of it like a geyser!!! I bet the temps were in the 350s! When it cooled down, they just continued playing with it. A shock snapped on the truck, and after that happened, the spur gear on the Savage stripped badly, so the fun ended for that truck, but the father-and-son team with the t-maxx kept playing.

Sorry for the long post.

RC Qualifier
    when i bring my truck to a campground it's almost impossible to drive it more then 30 min. by that time theres a million kids and adults swarming me and asking questions.....and the questions are all the same from the kids it "can i drive" and from the adults "how fast can it go" and "where did you get it"
    T-Maxx: motor saver air filter, traxxas high performance tuned pipe, ofna failsafe, Dodge Ram body, a "police" Dodge Power Wagon body, Hitec 645 steering servo, Blue RPM arms, and Dynamite Pro Shocks.

Originally posted by GasRCman975
    when i bring my truck to a campground it's almost impossible to drive it more then 30 min. by that time theres a million kids and adults swarming me and asking questions.....and the questions are all the same from the kids it "can i drive" and from the adults "how fast can it go" and "where did you get it"
    I feel your pain. Once I brought my truck and this REALLY annoying kid rode up to me on his bike and kept asking me if he could use it, and then later he took the truck and tried to put the body on, and he was just forcing it on, didn't even put the antenna (? spelling) through the hole and I grabbed it before he did any damage, just to get him to shut up, I let him use it for a few minutes, fortunately, he didn't damage it. And he claimed he had a T-maxx when he didn't even know how to put the body on!!! I was there with my friend and I was cleaning the truck and we were chatting, and that kid comes and starts acting like some RC expert! He just wouldn't buzz off! To get him to leave, I pretendend that I needed to go in my camper to do something, and he was like "Can I come in?" Oh sure, I'll let some annoying stranger in. But then I said that I need to change into my swimming suit to go to the pool, finally he left me alone.
    Last edited by Maxxlover; 03-11-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Originally posted by Maxxlover
    They weren't really mad, just a little annoyed. I was using it near a bunch of people sitting around a fire ring, and one of them told me to use it a little farther away because some people were a little iratated by the noise, so I used the truck farther away, and everyone was happy! Including me!! You should bring your buggy, maybe no one will be annoyed, or you can bring it somewhere else at the campground, where no one will be bothered. Once I went camping (I didn't bring my truck ), and the people in the camper next to ours had a bone-stock T-maxx, and one of the workers at the camp-ground had a hopped-up Savage, and they both used their trucks and no one seemed annoyed enough to complain, and some people even gathered around to watch! Man, I really regretted the fact that I didn't bring my truck, I wanted to bomb around with the other trucks. The people with the T-maxx said it was a week old (and by the looks of the truck, any one would've believed them! it was so clean), and it was their first nitro car, but they didn't seem to know how to tune it, they were going full-throttle on the grassy area without a wind-shield cut-out in the body, and they brought the truck in to refuel it, and steam was shooting out of it like a geyser!!! I bet the temps were in the 350s! When it cooled down, they just continued playing with it. A shock snapped on the truck, and after that happened, the spur gear on the Savage stripped badly, so the fun ended for that truck, but the father-and-son team with the t-maxx kept playing.

Sorry for the long post.
    Why didnt you help them out?

RC Qualifier
    Here it is after a good cleaning and a new piston, sleeve, and connecting rod. All clean and ready for the track tomorrow! Yee Haw!!!

Before:

After:
    Last edited by TT120; 03-12-2005 at 12:00 AM.

Banned by Warnings
    you had to have done a massive dissassembly to clean it that good...

Originally posted by wolfwood
    I asked my dad and he said it is 100% alcohol. but with and additive to make you very sick if you drink it. I guess the 100% is why it works so well. I will have to find some, because I am not going to pay 8 bucks for the nitro buster or something like that, at the hobby shop.
    It's not the same alcohol. Rubbing type is some weird word, drinking is grain.

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by RobH
    you had to have done a massive dissassembly to clean it that good...
    Yep, right down to the bare chassis. Rebuilt all the shocks too, as well as the engine of course.

Banned by Warnings
    Since you have a new piston and sleeve, don't you have to do break-in?

RC Qualifier
    Yes. I did that last night after I got off work. 5 tanks at low RPM and tune for power on 6.

Originally posted by REVO Jake

They wouldn't listen.

Originally posted by REVO Jake

They wouldn't listen. And they didn't seem to care much about it, or they didn't know better.

RC Qualifier
    Anybody else?

Thumbs up

A picture of my Sportmaxx when I brought it camping with me a few days ago.

RC Champion
    where can i get denature alcohol? i tried a local store that had other types of alcohol but no denature.

at menards or home depot or something. where?

RC Qualifier
    I Wish I still had my pics from when the storms hit out here in cali....My truck looked like a mudball , I had to chip mud out of my fins in the head and totally disasemble everything and it still looked dirty! But i bought a new head because the other one was totally mud clogged
    Live Fast. Die Fast.

Banned by Warnings
    You guys might want to check out the product review at the top of this page

http://*************.com/prodreview-tools.html

RC Racer

Re: What a T-Maxx 'should' look like

Originally posted by TT120
    After a good day bashing.....

Is there any kind of prize for the dirtiest Maxx?

Lets see how dirty you can get yours.

my god its sexy lol.....
    t-maxx with fr-18 hitech fm radio racing mod chassis toped off with a custom cold air intake plans: pede gas tank battery pack carbon fiber raido tray fail safe CVD's

RC Qualifier
    THATS what I'm talkin about. Nice work 72Dolphins. Now thats a truck thats been played with.

No shelf queens in this thread......

A dirty truck is a happy owner.

RC Enthusiast
    How do you guys get the pictures to show up in the post?
    Thanks tmaxxan

Originally posted by steven15
    where can i get denature alcohol? i tried a local store that had other types of alcohol but no denature.

at menards or home depot or something. where?
    Try a drug store, thats where I get mine.

RC Champion
    thanks. drug store as in a pharmacy or like a liquor store?

RC Qualifier

Re: What a T-Maxx 'should' look like

After a good day bashing.....

Is there any kind of prize for the dirtiest Maxx?
    A car wash coupon... Looks like a lot of clean dirty fun was had.
    Sidewinder 18T & M18T, Cobalt 18B, MERV, Revo.

THATS what I'm talkin about. Nice work 72Dolphins. Now thats a truck thats been played with.

No shelf queens in this thread......

All that track clay was not fun to clean off

Next time when the turns are mud, and the stretch has a shallow puddle on one side, I think I'll sit out

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by tmaxxan
    How do you guys get the pictures to show up in the post?
    You have to host them on a web server somewhere on the net. I use the webspace my ISP gave me but there are several free hosting sites out there.

Once they're hosted somewhere, you can link to them in your post.

A dirty truck HAS a happy owner.

RC poster

I've had worst than this, but this is my most recent.

- Photo taken by

apposite
    ӿլ
    OS 18TM, Pro-Line Powerstroke Shocks, MIP Clutch, HSC-5996TG servo, Pro-line steering kit, RC-Solutions Skids, DSM Spektrum, Panther Python Tires, T-BONZ CV DRIVE SHAFT SET, Traxxas FOC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12