REVO Diffs in my MAXX PICS!!!!!

Hello, well ive been planinng on putting revo diffs into my t-maxx for some time now and i finnaly got around to picking up some parts to play with.

Here is the differential

That Is what i had to mount into my maxx. It is very simple, just cut slots into the bulkheads like this to fit the diff in----

It may take some time to get them like that so be patient, i have about 4 hours of cutting and testing untill i got them almost perfect Note: the bulks you see there were my experemantal bulks. once mounted it will look like this:

Notice i also got some revo axels too which bolt on without a problem because ther both from the same truck. Thanks alot Bluemonster and AtvRecon for some ideas for that.

Here it is nearing compleation, Notice that you can use your orrigional diff ring for added support.

here is my maxx with it all in, only needs a motor which is in the backround. I also moundted a revo diff in the front but stayed with stock axels.

Leave lots of comments and questions
    Barry

Banned by Warnings

Just wondering,

Why,, is this diff stronger or something? Cuz im shredding the stock gears. Uh, i dont wnna do this to my aluminum bulks

I belive their stronger, my freinds have big motors and their revos hold up fine, my fantom does a set of stock gears all the time.
    also these are sealed so you can tune them with diffrent fluids.
    and threr really smoothe

Goin to test tommaro...

RC Qualifier
    Nice work so far. I will be very interested to hear the long term report on how they hold up.
    David
    T-Maxx with a .26 and some other stuff

RC Qualifier
    Neersville,Loudoun County, Northern Virgina, mid Atlantic region, Untited States, of America
    not bad i have been toying with this idea for a while now and i now kniw that it can be done. nice work how are they holding up? i bet those seals are nice.

no problem with the Revo Axle thread at all glad it was hlepful. seems alot of people are starting to convert over.
    Last edited by atvrecon; 04-16-2005 at 08:55 AM.
    owner of the sweetest '57 chevy 3100 4X4 ever.

Thanks alot guys. its only 10 oclock here so i need to wait a little before i run so i can keep peace with the neighbors
    Those diffs are so smooth and with the limited slip i think its gonna work awsome. One other thing i noticed was that my old diffs had slop in them and so did my axels, but now with the revo diffs and axels the whole drive line is more solid.

Thanks alot
    Ill be testing them soon.

RC Qualifier
    Neersville,Loudoun County, Northern Virgina, mid Atlantic region, Untited States, of America
    not to be nosey and if you dont want to tell me thats ok, but how much were both front and rear diffs with everything you needed but the axles?

i got them on ebay for 21 a peice and like 50 shipped. i paid 62 total for two extra axels. I got them from shum4, he was great, i only got one diff and someone elso took the other one so i contacted him and he just addded another one in.
    Great seller

RC Qualifier
    thats not bad at all i figured that it would be more than that.

yea their kinda cheap, way cheaper then aftermarket ones tho

He has one on right nowhere

I used a buy it now option and got them for 21 but someone bid on that one so now you cant buy it now. he always gets new parts on like every few days.

RC Qualifier
    sweet you guys know what my next custom mod will be

WOW, looks great. To tell you the truth it dosent look "real" hard. I still havent done the revo axle mod, cause I dont quite understand it all yet... but i just have to give her a try. Have fun!

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

Ya it wasnt that hard.

Ok heres update #1 I just finished running 2 tanks. on the first tank i took it easy to get them broken in a little and to tune my fantom then the second time i went out to my so called trace and let it loose. wow was i impressed with the handleling, i could slide it in turns and it wiould never diff out and it felt more stable. Also take offs were amazing along with braking. I think that this and the bowties make my maxx handle almost perfect

One problem that i had was my transmission wouldnt downshift, i would stop and take off and it would still be in second then it wil downshift to first then back up again. It makes my motor bogg real bad Did this happen to anyone else?

RC Qualifier
    are they the same gear ratio as the stock diffs, because i was thinking of putting one of those in the back but leave the stock one in the front.
    thanks
    give me nitro and a candy bar and i'll be your friend :D

Looks like its time for a revo tranny then Barry I have a feeling thats next!

Wheelspinner, i belive they are the same, when i finished the rear one i rolled tthe truck like 20 feet and it coasted smooth so they must be the same.
    REVO Jake That may be true, i get ideas at the weirdest times so that might be next....

Thanks alot guys for the comments

RC Qualifier
    ya my tranny does that to, ive found that it does it when i come to a sudden stop. but if i let it come to a coasting stop it will downshift, you can hear the rpms raise up. i dont really know.

RC Racer
    what are the part numbers, and how much approx. would it cost to do that?

it costed 62.90 for 2 diffs and 2 axels shiped. You may want to go revo axels in the front too. i only did the rear...

I plan to run more as soon as i can get to the lhs to get some glow plugs

RC Qualifier
    i run revo axles all the way around, and i dont really think that they are necessary(?)up front, but i run them to keep the look of the truck consistant.

RC Qualifier
    Why,, is this diff stronger or something? Cuz im shredding the stock gears. Uh, i dont wnna do this to my aluminum bulks
    the revo diffs have seals so the oil dosent come out like the t-maxx
    got to crawl befor you walk

Banned by Warnings
    When cutting how do you get the notches perfect so they are "perfectly plumb"..So you dont get axle wobble..?

Dang I need a workshop like Jesse James for my Maxx..

RC Qualifier
    i will go for that
    got to crawl befor you walk

RC Qualifier

Re: Just wondering,

Originally posted by t to the maxxOG
    now t, ALL that money you've spent on your t-maxx and you still running stock diffs?
    p.s. FYI i dont know if you're blowing spiders or ring/pinion but, i'm running RRP ring and pinion. holding up good with the .18 and HAD a spool in it till it sheered the diff screws, so i went back with stock cup.
    3.0 sirio, Traxxas foc, Traxxas spool, BB pipe, nova pro race cooling head, dynamite CVD's, fail safe, MS air filter and RRP gear in the rear.

RC Qualifier
    What if i have aluminum bulks?
    .21 Ofna, nitro, fuel bottle, glow ignitor, dirt

The reason he didn't want to do it to alum bulks, is because if he messed them up, it would cost a whole lot more. If you want to do the mod to your alum bulks, I would recremend you practice on some plastci ones first so you will get it perfect for the alum. ones.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

Man, I just changed my diff cases over and did some shimming. The stock gears are pretty strong but there is a lot of play and a bit of flexing that happens in a stock setup. By shimming out the play and getting alum cases the diffs will not strip out very easily, and they run smoother too.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall