Thread: Mud?

RC Enthusiast

Mud?

Anyone like to play in the mud, if so what mods/hop ups have you done to make it a mud machine?

I have a pretty good mudding video on my website... Check it out!!! (www button at the bottom of post)

Anyways, from my experience with mud, the main factor is POWER!!!! I'm telling you, mud really bogs down the engine, especially thick deep mud!!! The main thing for getting through mud is wheel spin and momentum!! So you need as much power as possible!!!!! Other than that, not much else matters. I guess tire selection is important, the stock tires are actually really good for mud cause they wont pack up with mud with the thread design. Lastly, mud is basically sand and water mixed..... And we all know that water and electronics dont mix. So waterproofing is pretty important, there's an article about waterproofing on my site.

**EDIT**
    I knew I forgot to mention something!!! Hahaha!!! A really good mod for mudding is locking the diffs. For higher speed mud bogs, this isn't too important. But when playing in the mud at slower speeds and such with normal diffs... You'll probably notice many times when just 2 of 4 tires are spinning. With locked diffs, you're sure that all 4 are always spinning!!! If you dont wanna lock the front and rear, you can always just lock the rear. It all depends I guess.
    Last edited by summit_rules; 03-17-2005 at 01:41 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for the help, ill try to get some videos up, i just got my t-maxx 2 days ago, and im just learning some new stuff!

RC Racer
    Serge, I hate you!!! j/k Every time I end up on your website, I spend 20 minutes rewatching all your vids that are on my comp.. Ya made me miss Inuyasha, lol. Keep up the good work!
    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

cool mudding vid...but was that e-maxx a 2 wd? i never noticed the front wheels pulling?

RC Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Awesome videos and website. I like it!
    (Mutant Savage/T-Maxx .26)...(HPI Savage with OFNA .26)...(OFNA .26 LX Pro)...(Traxxas Stadium Maxx 2.5)

Originally posted by TidusHatchett
    Serge, I hate you!!! j/k Every time I end up on your website, I spend 20 minutes rewatching all your vids that are on my comp.. Ya made me miss Inuyasha, lol. Keep up the good work!
    Hahahahaahahaha!!!!

tmaxxgeorge, thanks. And yes, the truck was only running in 2wd that weekend.... The front diff blew the weekend before.

Savaged1, thanks man!!!

RC Qualifier
    nice
    Last edited by savage t-mack; 03-17-2005 at 01:22 PM.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Qualifier

lol

nice emaxx vid. remindes me of me last fall. i took my bros tmaxx and he yelled at me the sec i touched mud. also i drive my emaxx through a bunch of those kids of ruts. how did u waterproof it?

also:how do u change wat it says under ur name? urs says '79 ford. how is that?
    (>^.^)>

Re: lol

Originally posted by i_am_who_i_is
    nice emaxx vid. remindes me of me last fall. i took my bros tmaxx and he yelled at me the sec i touched mud. also i drive my emaxx through a bunch of those kids of ruts. how did u waterproof it?

also:how do u change wat it says under ur name? urs says '79 ford. how is that?
    I have a waterproofing article on my site.... Take a look at that. (www button under post).

To change the thing under your name... You need at lease 2500 posts on this site.

RC Champion

Re: Re: lol

Originally posted by summit_rules

To change the thing under your name... You need at lease 2500 posts on this site.
    In other words to much time on your hands !!! lol j/k
    Racer E-Revo, Nitro Revo, aluminum BL pede, T-maxx

Nah...that just means your interested in new info and want to help people out

I agree. But on another note, Summit your vids are awesome but it takes my computer a while to load them.

Hahaha... Thanks for the back-up Jake!!!

And bigbob, thanks man!! I'm glad you like my videos!! But if you think it takes you long to load the vids, you should see me uploading these vids! I've got a 26.4Kbps dial-up internet connection....... It takes me hours!!! It's worth uploading for you guys though!!!

RC Qualifier

Speaking of MUD....

I love showing this picture....

For the dirt: T-Maxx, Fantom .18, all RPM. RC10T3. RC10GT. For the street: Power Racing XR-80, 1/8th scale, W/stock .27. Mugen MTX-3 W/O.S. 18TZ. Yokomo Gt-4 W/Novarossi CT12. For the water: Traxxas Blast deep vee boat. Radio: Airtronics M8 with the Spektrum system.

Re: Speaking of MUD....

Originally posted by TT120
    I love showing this picture....

\

Man, that must be scary to fill up the tank!