RC Racer

Revo-type slipper for the Maxx trucks??

Has traxxas ever thought of making a slipper for the Maxx trucks that's like the REVO? Or has anyone ever thought of trying to convert a revo's slipper onto a MAxx? I've seen the REVOs slipper and I think it's an impressive setup. I would buy it if it ever came out

Banned by Warnings
    Doubt it, just get a rrp slipper

RC Qualifier
    No offense but is there somthing wrong with the stock slipper?
    Last edited by matts' maxx; 04-20-2005 at 10:11 PM.
    Traxxas Jato-Revo springs, the Proline Gladiator 2's in the rear and blades up font, 2.2 inch agitator rims. Traxxas St-Maxx upgrades- RD Logics dual exhaust, RPM arms, shock towers, and skids, Proline 40's Series Velocity 6 rims, Road Rage tires, GPM aluminum shocks, and a home made Rx pack.

Banned by Warnings
    Originally posted by t to the maxxOG
    just get a rrp slipper
    I belive there was a review for that on ************* and that it was garbage.

Banned by Warnings
    Have YOU used one? I love mine on my picco

Banned by Warnings
    Originally posted by RobH

I belive there was a review for that on ************* and that it was garbage.
    Do you believe everything other people tell you, or do you actually try to find things out for yourself?

And furthermore, I believe you're thinking of the review of the RRP dual brake disc setup, not the slipper kit.

Banned by Warnings
    Originally posted by SMTent379

Do you believe everything other people tell you, or do you actually try to find things out for yourself?
    Seeing as I don't have an unlimited cash flow, I cant "try to find things out for myself" so, my decisions and opinions are based heavily on multipul reviews of 1 product.

Originally posted by SMTent379
    And furthermore, I believe you're thinking of the review of the RRP dual brake disc setup, not the slipper kit.
    I just checked, its the slipper.

RC Racer
    if u really think about it the t slipper and the revo are bolth basicly the same thing, just diffrent sizes and shapes
    t-maxx with fr-18 hitech fm radio racing mod chassis toped off with a custom cold air intake plans: pede gas tank battery pack carbon fiber raido tray fail safe CVD's

iraceescalades, LOL. no they arent
    The revo is a good dual pad setup. The tmaxx, and every previous traxxas RC with a slipper clutch have a pegged slipper which lets the gear move around.

I have a bit of experience with Losi slippers (the regular dual pad ones, not the drum thing on the LST), probably pretty close to the revo. You set them at 4 turns out and adjust from loose. They don't melt from being run too loose. The pads last pretty much forever, but my dad used to CA glue them to spur gears and they wouldnt come back off after this...

A revo slipper also has much smaller gears, which would be useful for bigblocks.

RC Qualifier
    Given your statement about funds (not unlimited, which I can understand as I'm in the same boat) it might do you well to simply use the stock slipper to start with while you review and decide on an alternate.

My personal experience is that the stocker w/12 pegs instead of 6 works pretty good. I had tried an RRP slipper setup on a hopped up E-Maxx.....it sucked ! You have to grind the output shaft a bit to put the bearing on (not that hard I admit), it certainly didn't change the wobble of the spur, and seemed to have two practical settings. 1 - completely locked down or 2 - let it slip a bit and replace pads quite frequently.

So, from my experience and what I've read I'd suggest either the stocker w/12 pegs which is inexpensive, or go all the way and go for the strobe w/ 1/8 scale clutchbell, etc...
    If you think your going to loose you already have !

RC Qualifier
    I am quite pleased with my RRP double disk slipper with steel spur.
    David
    T-Maxx with a .26 and some other stuff

Is it possible to get a 46t or smaller spur for the strobe?

RC Champion
    Originally posted by Phroziac
    Is it possible to get a 46t or smaller spur for the strobe?
    As you have found out, no.
    My RC's: Faster than yours...

Originally posted by superUEmaxx
    As you have found out, no.
    Ever heard of politeness?

RC Qualifier
    i am also very pleased with my RRP slipper kit.
    (and u dont have to grind the shaft like they say, the bearing will go on with some hammering)

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by fieroman1978
    i am also very pleased with my RRP slipper kit.
    (and u dont have to grind the shaft like they say, the bearing will go on with some hammering)
    That is true, I am running a RRP steel topshaft, but even on the stocker the bearing pushed/wiggled on without much addo.

And, whilst we are on the subject. I run a BB in my Maxx, and I have seen all these folks going to the 1/8th clutch/slipper/spur setup because BB's eat the stock clutch. Well, I have run nearly a gallon on my stock style vented 22 tooth CB with Hotbodies aluminum shoes and MIP spring with the RRP slipper and I have had NO problems with it at all. Staying with the stock style allows you a plethora of gear ratios.
    David

I dunno thats why theyre doing it, isnt it so they can use the higher gear ratios?
    I have a 25/46 gear on my npede, try that with stock gears.

The 1/8 clutches are better, more tunable anyway.

RC Champion
    46T Spur Phroziac, I was told this one would work with the Strobe Slipper. But having limited cashflow I can't afford the price ($6.29) to see if it actually does.

RC Qualifier
    I dunno thats why theyre doing it, isnt it so they can use the higher gear ratios?
    I have a 25/46 gear on my npede, try that with stock gears.

The 1/8 clutches are better, more tunable anyway.
    I have been under the impression they are less tunable.
    David

RC Champion
    is the "torque control" slipper made partly out of metal? if it is dont get it, because that would add a lot of rotational mass. but the TC slipper does look like a much better idea than the regular slipper.
    T-maxx - Tuned pipe, MS filter,OFNA tank, O'donnell's 30%, Reciever pack, VFS, 2WD now.
    E.Rustler - 7 cell GP3300, Xl-1 still, Stinger because others are broken, deans plugs, dremmeled, Lexan bumper, esc mount, and tiebar, Roadrage tires, RPM talonz rims, wheighs 3lbs 4.5oz

Originally posted by Davcruz

I have been under the impression they are less tunable.
    Why so? You can change the springs (theyre standardized), and there are adjustable shoes available. On my npede, I have some nova adjustable shoes, its an aluminum 3 shoe setup that has holes for setscrews to go into, to adjust the weight and where the weight is. Kinda neat!
    If you look hard enough you can find an ok'ish variety of clutch bell sizes. Also pretty much standard.

traxxmaxxes, from my non-experienced point of view, it sure looks like it would! I was thinking about getting the strobe slipper and dealing with the gear difference anyway.

Slipknot2k7, what torque control slipper?

RC Qualifier

Why so? You can change the springs (theyre standardized), and there are adjustable shoes available. On my npede, I have some nova adjustable shoes, its an aluminum 3 shoe setup that has holes for setscrews to go into, to adjust the weight and where the weight is. Kinda neat!
    If you look hard enough you can find an ok'ish variety of clutch bell sizes. Also pretty much standard.

traxxmaxxes, from my non-experienced point of view, it sure looks like it would! I was thinking about getting the strobe slipper and dealing with the gear difference anyway.

Slipknot2k7, what torque control slipper?
    Yes, you are right, I was only thinking along the lines of gear ratio's, not actual clutch setup.
    David

Oh, ok. If you look hard enough you can find some pretty strange clutch bells though, especially the two speed ones. The one i'm using is an LST clutch bell, with the first gear removed.

RC Qualifier
    I think Slow has hit the nail on the head with the MGT setup. I am going to give that a shot next.
    David

You have to use a 1/8 clutchbell with that setup. I'm using it at the moment on my npede, but stripping gears every time i use it because i missed the part about the slipper bushing. Now i gotta get one of those bushings.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I know about that. I found some on fleabay so I will get the whole setup.

Slowhandd, I just got my UE 7.5 6 spyder diffs and I know that is what you are running also. With the gear combo you stated 18/49 do you have plenty of top end and do you think you could have more, what about bottom end?
    David