Thread: O.s. Cv-r .18

RC Champion

O.s. Cv-r .18

hey guys

I got myself a new o.s. .18 cv-r. I put it in my maxx today but I need some help. What header do you guys recommend? I have this pipe from my previous engine http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDUK0&P=7 will it work good or do you recommend something else for my new engine?

The last issue is, the throttle linkage wont open the carb fully. Its not long enough. Do I have to custom make one?

Ray

RC Champion
    That looks like a pretty good pipe I may get that. Does anyone make a different throttle linkage that I can use?

EDIT: I found a fix for the linkage on misbehavins site. thanks for the help.

Ray
    Last edited by nitrosport2000; 05-06-2005 at 08:09 PM.

RC Racer
    It looks to me like your pipe will work . I have the RD logics pipe on mine and it seems pretty nice . I wish it was louder like my trinity one on my revo but ill lve with it .

RC Champion
    Yeah Im not to worried with the sound as much as I am with performance but its still nice to hear it have a good sound.

Ill get some pics up in a bit for you guys......

RC Champion
    Here it was with the old 2.5R:

And here it is with the new O.S.:

RC Competitor
    i just installed an os on mine also. i used the headder from what i believe was a traxxas 1.5. it was traxxas part 4940. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...40&FVPROFIL=++ they had it @ my lhs and it was cheap. i also ground out some of the inside because the porting was restricted. i did reuse my old pipe however. i have my eyes on those rd logistics.

RC Champion
    I could have used a stock pro .15 header but the rd logics pipe looks really good. Im waiting to get the $ so I can get one.

Ray

RC Champion
    I got that engine lastnight! going to install today on my wife maxx and start break in.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Champion
    Let me know how it runs. I cant run mine untill I get a header and pipe lol

RC Competitor
    let me know how you like it, cause iam thinking about putting one on my son's maxx. and do you have to beef up the tranny?

RC Champion
    Im not dong anything to the tranny. It should hold up just fine with this engine but Ill let you know when I get my pipe.

Ray

RC Champion
    that engine is awesome. my friend has one on a 2 wheel drive gas truck wow it hauls.... he comes off the track at 200ish to 215!!
    os18 has a nice little punch to it runs very well.

i will post how it runs and how break in went sometime this week.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Qualifier
    My tranny has been fine, but what I keep blowing out is rear drivelines.

RC Champion
    Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just picked up a brand new rd logics pipe off ebay for 5 bux plus 5 for shipping

check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5973714889

RC Champion
    I run that os in my maxx and I love it! I run a Duratrax bth with an ae7730 pipe. Works well for me. Runs temps between 220-230 under same conditions that the 2.5 ran 270 and up. I'd have to idle the 2.5 around the track to let it cool and then go again. Not so with the os. Roll,roll,roll.......... that's all you do!

Klaus-really nice maxx. Are you blowing a center shaft or a rear slider?
    LSU TIGERS-SIMPLY THE BEST!

RC Racer
    I've twisted my rear stock axles while running the CVRX. Upgrading to cvds as a result.

RC Champion
    Why not do the Revo axle mod? I did it and have no chance I can see of having axle trouble.
    LSU TIGERS-SIMPLY THE BEST!

RC Racer
    I just picked up a Dynamite pipe used. I hear it's a good pipe for the .18 (I have that now, with a modified AE pipe and HIP header-cut parts off of them to make it fit). Anyone here have experience with the Dynamite Pipe?

RC Champion
    Friend of mine just dropped an OS .18 into his Maxx. That truck is awesome now. Has already bent his rear alum bumper. Installed then tuned. After he got the tuning right he nailed it from a dead stop and practically flipped the truck over backwards. Needless to say, I was very impressed. He went and flipped the truck back over. Upon turning to walk back over where we were standing he had these looks on his face.