Thread: roll cages

RC Enthusiast

roll cages

is there any roll cages that will work with the truck boby that came with the t maxx can you send pic if there is scottchopper@charter.net thanks

Are you wanting a full cage or not?? How much are you willing to spend on one?

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    i know the rc raven 1/2 cage will and you can get it for about 20$ on ebay or you can buy it for 25 from their site
    savage axial .28,pro .15 maxx,rusty

RC Competitor
    are you planning on bashing or race with it?
    Statium Maxx - Dadders.net rollcage and engine mods, RPM a-arms, XTM skid plates,Macs pipe,

RC Enthusiast

roll cage

would like a full cage or some thing that will work real good

i got mine for 25 shipped off of e-bay......real strong but a bit heavy....being 3/16 solid steel rod.........but out of everything i've ever got for my maxx that was the best thing.......course i only bash as of now so the weight isn't that big of deal.....

[URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44016&item=5975690 716&rd=1]here is the one i got

here is there site
    Last edited by h22ah; 05-19-2005 at 08:03 PM.

RC Enthusiast

rollcages

for bashing

for bashing u won't be to concerned about weight then get the full cage..........also the cage that i have the customer service with them is just amazing..........i won't go to far into it but i liked the cage before...now i'm going to try to get everyone i know to get them....(hmmm maybe i should be a dealer... )

anyways......the cowboy creations cage is great and lighter than most other e-bay full cages and just as strong if not stronger

RC Racer
    Has anyone ever thought of making a cage out of the small diameter PVC Piping? would be lightweight and possible as strong as a metal one

what is the smallest pvc u have seen...... ?????....smallest i've seen is 1/2".......that is quite big to be making a cage out of

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, I've never seen PVC much smaller than 1/2 inch. And PVC would be nowhere near as strong as steel, it would shatter on the first big drop. Aluminum would be close to as strong as steel, but it would flex alot. I've seen a few Titanium cages, but they're pretty price, I got mine for $15 off ebay, Ti cages are around 120 for a full cage. Mine was cheap, and I can stand on it when it's not on the truck, so I didn't see the need to pay all that extra when my cage can support almost 200lbs on it.

juat relized my link didn't work take a look here

just look at all the reviews on it

I made my own out of 3/16" steel(i think) And it does great, it dont ever bend!(the scratches on the cooling head protector came before I put my roll cage on)

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s