RC Turnbuckle Jr.

My FR18 red Rustler- the vid..

I was browsing through some old footage and put together a little movie of my Daredevil red FR18 powered Rustler. I've been wanting to do a Rustler movie for awhile, but never got around to it.

I finally put something together.

This footage is a little over a year old.

Stats:

52.5 MB zipped .wmv file
    6 minutes, 29 seconds.

Enjoy.

http://www.az-rcfreaks.com/freaky_vids/fr18_rustler.zip

^^^ Right click, save as.

EDIT:... hey mike505, and NC. Thanks for helping me with my problem. Things are groovy again.

Last edited by jrfink; 05-19-2005 at 11:38 PM.

Not a problem Dude!! Looks awesome!

Mike
    Last edited by mike505; 05-19-2005 at 11:48 PM.
    Pain is Temporary, Pride & Achievement is Forever.

RC Champion
    Any chance you could make a smaller file? That will take all day to download.
    Newbies have vehicle problems.----Veterans have money problems.

RC Racer
    its not worth the long download. If you have t-1 it might be worth it. just my .02
    Black Traxxas Jato-Blue 2.5r head-Venom failsafe and temp gauge JR XS3 Radio w/ RS300 Receiver-Dyed Traxxas Lite wheels w/proline Step Pins Proline Ribbed up front. Next: JR servos.

RC Champion
    I started it this morning and it took like four hours. I still don't get to see it. The video has sound, but the picture is really blurry.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    4 hours? ROFL. Maybe it's time to upgrade your connection. I was able to download the vid in less than 3 minutes.

Blurry? Not too bad on my end. I made it as small as I could for the file size without the resolution being thumbnail size.
    I'm usually the one filming other people. It's rare that my rides get caught on video.

I thought it was a decent bashing vid. That hill climb was incredible. Monster trucks were getting stuck on that hill all day, then my Rustler shot right up it. I double dare someone to beat that climb. In a year and a half... it hasn't been done yet.

Banned by Warnings
    What is wrong with all you people?

It took me 2 mins to download that file w/ a cable connection. Blurry? It's really not.

Fink man... that was a great video. You really flew over that hill at the end haha.. Gotta love the power of the FR18. Keep the videos coming, you make some great ones.

RC Qualifier
    It took me 5 min. with DSL. The movie was OK it could use some FX and could be shorter but other then that it was good.
    The older I get, the better I was.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    OK, cool. I'll keep that in mind. More lasers in the next one! Woot!

RC Racer
    Yea I liked that, but did that guy with the monster truck ever get his started lol ? Watching that makes me appreciate the EZ start system lol.
    He Rides Again!!!

RC Champion
    I did see the part with the guy pulling on the truck forever, but that was about it. Every once in awhile a video just won't work on my computer, along with many other weird things. It's definately got some problems. We probably would have high speed but it's not available in this location yet. Some day....

---Those smilies are sweet!

RC Racer
    ya... that truck was a savage??not a t-maxx lol
    Os.18 cv-rx flies !!!

RC Qualifier
    took me a little less than 3 min with DSL
    T-maxx 2.5r, rpm arms,rpm bumpers, traxxas transmission skidplate, pullstart

RC Qualifier
    man, that video was well worth the 3 minute wait! Sweet car, and the hill climb was amazing, I need to fix mine up for better dirt bashing.... Nice work

RC Qualifier

Thumbs up

pretty cool vid man.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict

RC poster
    downloading fast for me, it's at 700kbps

RC Racer
    Very nice video. That hill climing was sweet!
    Mahtomedi Zephyrs High-School Football 13-0... 4A STATE CHAMPIONS

2minutes, 36 seconds for me on cable. Great vid fink!

RC Qualifier
    Glad to see video's like this where the rustler shines and is on it's 4 wheels for almost the entire video...

Totally worth the download.
    If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet! They're about to announce the winning lottery numbers. --Homer Simpson

RC Qualifier
    where in the heck are you? looks like your in the middle of the desert, maybe Area51 .
    Been on here for a while but forgot my original username.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Haha. Yeah, kind of like area 51. I'm in the 'burbs of Phoenix, AZ. Desert all around. It's supposed to 113 degrees here tomorrow. I'm heading for the mountains in the morning.

Thanks for the comments people. I'll make a better one some day soon. I'm doing a Camp & Bash next month with a gang of RCers. I'm sure something goofy will come out of it.

great vid 5min 21 sec with a laptop hooked up wirelessly on cable with a ps2 and xbox playing online
    where's shocko bottomo and more jumps plz
    Last edited by eman8675309; 07-21-2005 at 10:47 PM.
    my rusty got ran over by an suv

RC Qualifier
    2 minutes 3 seconds...

Looking good, not sure how you kept that thing on it's wheels on a few of those jumps. Looks like you guys had some fun bashing out there. Hopefully someday I can make my way out there and help break a few parts...woot!

BTW...did that Savage ever get rolling? hahaha
    InfiniteRC...Crash...Cash...Repeat...

RC Qualifier
    if u put wings on that thing it would take off. geez that things fast. thats what mine is going ti lok like when im done getting my FR18. YEII YEII. jrfink what gear ratio you got? right now i have 22/70 would that be ok if i want to keep the front wheels on the ground?
    Brush My Shoulder And I Pop My Colla Cause Im Worth A Million, Gazillion, Fafillion Dolla

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Originally posted by RustlerRyan
    Hopefully someday I can make my way out there and help break a few parts...woot!

BTW...did that Savage ever get rolling? hahaha
    Mi casa es su casa. Drop in anytime you want. Maybe we'll plan a Camp & Bash sometime that we can meet in the middle.

what gear ratio you got? right now i have 22/70 would that be ok if i want to keep the front wheels on the ground?

Mine is 20/70 as well. That's what my Rusty had in the vid.

RC Qualifier

jrfink

Hey dude, I really like your Rusty, infact I have started building mine very similar to yours exept it is blue and silver. Your site has helped me with a few things aswell. I have a TM in my Revo and Had a FR18 in my T-Maxx. I liked both of these engines but I had a spare TM so I pulled out the 2.5 and slapped that bad boy in there. I will be finished building it this weekend and get to try it out. I have a 21/70 combo. I was lucky enough to win a set of RC-Parts aluminum blank wheels today and will be mounting them on the truck as soon as I can make up my mind on what tires to use. Can you make a suggestion? I want to run on the street and dirt. Anyways thanks for putting up your site and building a great looking rusty for me to go off of. As soon as I get it finished I will take a pic and post it.
    Revo 3.3
    N. Rusty 18TM
    Stampede MM7700

RC Qualifier
    proline dirt hawgs
    Brush My Shoulder And I Pop My Colla Cause Im Worth A Million, Gazillion, Fafillion Dolla

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey zeflis, thanks for the comments. Which website are you looking at? I have a couple of them. I haven't updated jrfink.com in a long time. I've spent all my time and energy on our local basher's haven at az-rcfreaks lately.

Tires... Dirt Hawgs are pretty good street tires, but I didn't care for them on the dirt. I usually run Gladiators on the rears and the Edge up front on my red Rustler with RCP's Blanks. My other Rusty has M2Ks mounted on Lone Stars.

I'll look forward to seeing pics of your Rustler. The blue and silver will be sweet!

RC Qualifier
    Jrfink, I read your mind, last night I bought the edge and Gladiator 2 tires to mount on them blanks. I hope I get the rest of my parts in today. I cant wait!! I still have to buy front and rear shock towers ( I am still running stock ) Suspension arms ( I am running Black RPM at the moment ) Rear arm mounts, front "C" Hubs and rear bulkhead. But that will take awhile. I have been checking out both of your sites. I was born in Tucson and raised in Nevada. I may have to check out one of your bashes. I will be leaving the army next month and will be going home to Nevada.

Thanks for the advice, and good luck with them sweet rides.

Oh yea!! What do you think of IMEX Swamp dwag tires?
    Revo 3.3
    N. Rusty 18TM
    Stampede MM7700

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I've never tried the Swamp Dawgs. I couldn't comment on those.

We go up to Northern AZ often enough for our Camp & Bashes. You're more than welcome to attend a future event. It wouldn't be too far I suppose, depending on what part of Nevada you're coming from. Of course, you can always come down to Phoenix for a bash if you're so inclined. We have something going on pretty much every weekend.

RC Qualifier
    I will be in Reno NV. I will definetly see about catchin one of your bashes.

Here are some pics of my Rusty. It's not finished yet with the hop-ups, but I'm getting there. I dont have my rims yet but as soon as I get them in the mail and mount them, I will post another pic. I have a question, I cant stop it from wheelieing up. It does it at any speed if I punch the throttle. I am running 21/70 combo, I thinking about going 22/68 Do you think this will work? I hope them amluminum rims help keep the front end down. I bet you had that problem with your FR too. What did you do to help it. As soon as I get my friend over I will tape it and then post it so you can see what I mean.

Here are the pics.

Last edited by zeflis; 07-23-2005 at 04:31 PM.
    Revo 3.3
    N. Rusty 18TM
    Stampede MM7700

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The Blanks will help. Mine is geared at 20/70. I've never seen a 21 tooth, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Get a 22 tooth CB for a little less torque. It'll give you more top end too.

RC Qualifier
    lookin cool, your the third person ive seen with the tm in a rustler, me being 2nd

i run a 22 65

the 65t is a steel rrp, i love it, im getting some moabs as soon as they come out so i can get the speed up there
    i smelled nitro fuel while taking a shower this morning

RC Champion
    Nice looking N Rusty zeflis.

Never had a chance to respond to this thread when the vid first came out, so I'll say now, nice job. A great compilation of your FR18 action. That N Rusty really rips. Lots of nice roostertail action.
    Ever notice how it's a penny for your thoughts, yet you put in your two-cents? Someone is making a penny on the deal!
    -- Steven Wright

RC Qualifier
    Thank you Drkdad22 & moparrr07!

Well I have been away for abit but here is an update to my Rusty. I had a hard time getting the tires to stick to the aluminum rims so I got ride of them. The TM on the Rusty is pure madness! It will lift the front end off the ground at any speed on any surface. I had to buy CVD because the TM obliterated the stock axles. Honestly the TM is excessive but SOOO much fun. I have tried 21/70, 22/70 and now 23/70 It still lifts the front end off the ground. I wish I could get somebody to clock the truck to see how fast it gets up to. Has any of you clocked yours with the TM? Temp wise I am running at 215 degrees which is really to low to run it at but if I lean it out more, it is just Crazy! I am about to get a different pipe and I am sure this is going to pull more horsepower out of the engine. I think I will have to add more aluminum to add wieght.

Thanks for your coments and here is a pic with the aluminum rims that I no longer have LOL!

Last edited by zeflis; 07-31-2005 at 08:24 PM.
    Revo 3.3
    N. Rusty 18TM
    Stampede MM7700

RC Champion
    Looks awesome man. That TM is definatly a powerhouse. I have an OS .15 CV-RX and even that smaller engine really makes the Rusty haul. I've been tearing my half shafts off the yokes all day long.

I run my OS around 280. 210 sounds kind of low, but I really dont know the settings on the TM.

Keep it up!
    Ever notice how it's a penny for your thoughts, yet you put in your two-cents? Someone is making a penny on the deal!
    -- Steven Wright

Banned by Warnings
    You threw the rims out!!!!!

Why not just sell them to me!!!

RC Qualifier
    LOL No I just sold the rims to a friend. I was leary of getting them scratched up and the tires were a huge pain to get to stick to the rim. They looked sweet though.
    Revo 3.3
    N. Rusty 18TM
    Stampede MM7700