RC Racer

Sidewinder Fuel, Good or Bad?

Hi everyone,

I've recently got a Revo and when I bought it it came with 1/2 gallon of Model Technics Duraglow 16% which seems to be running it well. My problem is my LHS (bought it online, LHS doesn't sell Revos) only sells sidewinder fuel. I went in and talked to the guy in the shop today and he say it'll work fine in Traxxas vehicles, (they sell T-Maxxes and Jatos). He says it has a 22% oil content which I don't think is true as I've been to there website and none of the sidewinder fuels have that oil content.

http://www.morganfuel.com/sw_blends.htm

Basically my question is does anyone run sidewinder in the Revo and what are your experiences running it, either good or bad? Also will I need to do anything when swapping between the fuels? I plan on getting one with the same nitro content as I'm running now.

Thanks,

James
    If Nitro be the food of love, drive on.

RC Qualifier
    You will be fine switching to sidewinder, I ran Backyard Basher in my TRX 2.5R and it lasted quite a while with loads of power. Backyard basher also has more oil content too. all of the people at my track run sidewinder 20% in their O.S motors, and they like it, so you should be fine with it
    I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

RC Racer
    I run sidewinder race blend 20% in my OS and love it. And it has 12% oil, not 22%. I use a higher oil content fuel in my TRX engines.

Banned by Warnings
    I read in the greathobbies catalog the oil content of sidewinder pro is 10% and the backyard basher 16%. It is up to you. Both are 20% nitro content. I'm gonna use backyard, oil = longer lifetime engine.

RC Qualifier
    I have heard good things about sidewinder fuel, good thing about it here is my LHS sells it for 18.99/gallon. They also have Odonnells for that price too so I use odonnells.
    Revo: RB WS7II, Spektrum, Panther Boa's, RD starter box, RD Quickturn, Lunsford titanium, P2 rockers, Boca bearings, 5945MG steering, Hitec 625MG throttle, Mayhem Pro: RB C5BB
    OFNA X1CRT: RB C5BB

RC Racer
    Thanks for all that info guys.

Has anyone out there had any bad experiences with Sidewinder fuel? If not it looks like I'll be getting some for my next lot.

James

RC Racer
    Anyone else at all, some other people must use Sidewinder fuel out there.

James

Banned by Warnings
    I use sidewinder, runs powerfull and cool and no need for after run oil.

Banned by Warnings

I

I use it and swear by it. It is the best fuel out there. All morgan fuels are great, and we only carry them at my hobby shop. The only thing bad about them is that if you don't trust the fuel, and still do afterrun, you will get a nasty build up of oil in your crank case which will case you problems. So just trust the fuel, and you will be fine.

RC Racer
    Thank for that guys, looks like I'll be getting some.

James

RC Racer
    I use Sidewinder 25 % Race blend in my TM engine. It works perfect
    Traxxas Revo since November 04, www.rcpics.net/member/Nicolai91

RC poster
    The 30% gives great power. Had to re-tune, as expected, with increase from 20% nitro. Temps around 250 after running hard.