RC Racer

Fuel leaking THROUGH glowplug...

I was running my Revo today and I noticed liquid in the middle of the glowplug and bubbles coming up through it when I tried to start it. I didn't have any spare glowplugs with me so I just ignored it and kept on running for that tank and then changed it when I got home.

Has anyone else noticed this problems at all. When I ran it with the faulty glowplug in my temps were a bit higher than they have been, could this be due to the leaking plug?

James
    If Nitro be the food of love, drive on.

RC poster
    Check that the glow plug washer was not in upside down. If it was upside down and torqued down it can deform and leak. Most new glow plugs come with a new washer.

Dr Dootz

RC Racer
    It wasn't leaking because of the washer, it was leaking through the centre of the glowplug where you have the metal bit the blue wire attaches to if you see what I mean.

James

RC Racer
    I had a glow plug do the same thing. I threw it away and put in another one. It wasnt that old either.

RC Racer
    Yeah, mine was the same, I started using it today, oh well, they're not that expensive really. I'm sure I can afford another one.