RC Racer

Can something be done about...

these morons that flood the buy/sell/trade board with postings about how they want info on what you are selling, and then after agreeing to sell/trade (short of the actual transaction), they pull out with no reason. Then after they do this, they are BACK on the forums asking for the same thing again!!! I got jerked around a few times by these clowns, and I was wondering if Traxxas will try to curve this kind of behavior.

It's really inconvienent when you think you have a sale, and you have to turn away people who want your item, only in the end to have no sale at all and the people you turn away find what they want elsewhere.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this done to them. And if you want specific screennames, I'll be happy to post them here

RC Champion

Re: Can something be done about...

I personnaly haven't bought/sold from the traxxas forums, but I can understand the pain of having buyers like that.

traxxasmaniac
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" Ben Franklin

Some people just can't make up their mind, and most of them do it for fun.

RC Racer
    well if I continue to get jerked around by people like this, I will leave feedback and DEMAND that Traxxas ban these "people"

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Originally posted by Evilpete
    well if I continue to get jerked around by people like this, I will leave feedback and DEMAND that Traxxas ban these "people"
    DEMAND?

Traxxas cannot control the behavior of its members in the Trader's forum. As the seller, you have control of the terms of sale. For example, you can make payment by PayPal (or other electronic means) mandatory, and state that payment must be made by a specific time or the item goes to the next person in line.

Good Luck
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

Banned by Warnings
    Evilpete, you have a real bad attitude, no wonder people back out of deals with you.

Remember, not everyone has $150+ to "play around with", so they have to think about the buy, get pics, compare it with other RCs for sale, and most of all... have a friendly conversation with the seller, not "IF YOUR GONNA BUY IT, PAY ME, IF YOUR NOT, DON'T CONTACT ME AGAIN!"

RC Champion
    Evilpete

Please Remember this sir.

most members here are the younger crowd with limited funds, so if a deal crumbles just move on and try to line up the next deal!

as for bad feedback i believe that is not necessary again keep in mind some to most ppl have limited funds. and you are listing this for FREE unlike ebay where you pay a listing fee and on ebay you agree to a binding contact so the buyer has to buy it!!

like arceeguy said you set the terms and conditions of your sale..

my two cents here.
    Traxxas will not Ban these members becuase they backed out and if that BUYER Did not Break any rule to earn warning points the mods/marshalls will not do anything to aid in your dealings!!

Evilpete
    if you post something bad aginst a BUYER who backed out of your deal and you post a personal attack aginst that forum member you will receive the WARNING points, and if you keep posting these lash outs you will EARN your self "25 POINTS" to be banned.

just my two cetns.
    just be cool we all want to sell our traxxas items but sales take time you can't rush this or put a time limited on it.when i post something and ppl contact me with pm's i post all info including pAypal info and leave it up to them. if they baCk out i just let it go and wait for the next customer to come along and make me a offer.
    Last edited by GlowThunder; 08-07-2005 at 01:16 PM.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Racer
    you make is sound like this only happened to me once, I stated that this has happened to me several times, and I see that teh peope that did this STILL post in other threds stating the same infor they state to me and also go and start WTB threads.

I'll give you an example of what I am talking about:

Someone contacts me saying they are interested in what I"m buying. I send him pics of it, and he says he wants it and will pay me by the end of the week. A week goes by, and I notice that he hasn't deposited the funds we have agreed on on the day we agreed on. Mind you I had several other offers,
    but I turn them down because I assumed I had an agreement with the first buyer.

I contact the first buyer, asking about the funds he said he would pay for my truck, and I get a response back that he decided to purchase someone else's truck, and did so one day after he agreed to buy my truck and didn't bother to notify me at all that he did that (had he done so I wouldn't be so angry). I contact the other potential buyers who asked about the truck, and they allready bought someone else's. S

I then go onto the buy/sell/trade forums to check my thread, where lo and behold THE GUY PUT ANOTHER "WTB..." THREAD UP FOR THE TRUCK I WAS SUPPOSED TO SELL HIM!!! I check the date/time of the thread's posting, and its not long after I got the response about him buying someone else's truck.

this hasn't happend once to me, but more like 6 separate times already since I started to try and sell this truck!! I'm sure there has been others put in this position, but I seem to be the only one who is complaining.

Banned by Warnings
    well, traxxas aint the only place you can sell an RC at.

RC Racer
    Originally posted by LRMaxx
    well, traxxas aint the only place you can sell an RC at.
    Good advice here. If you want to get rid of something quickly and want more of a binding contract, the best place to sell it is ebay. Otherwise if you are not in a hurry and want to help out another traxxas fan, sell it here.

RC Racer
    Originally posted by GlowThunder
    most members here are the younger crowd with limited funds,
    maybe that's a problem Traxxas should look to solve by having a age limit as to who can post/view the forsale/trade forums.

you post something bad aginst a BUYER who backed out of your deal and you post a personal attack aginst that forum member you will receive the WARNING points, and if you keep posting these lash outs you will EARN your self "25 POINTS" to be banned.
    so why allow negative feedback then on the feedback forums then. Isn't a negative feedback in a way a personal attack on someone, and shouldn't those who post be given warning posts?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    as for bad feedback i believe that is not necessary again keep in mind some to most ppl have limited funds. and you are listing this for FREE unlike ebay where you pay a listing fee and on ebay you agree to a binding contact so the buyer has to buy it!!
    There's nothing wrong with feedback. The person who had to back out is more than able to state their side. Feedback helps others make a informed decision about whether or not they should deal with this person. I know several instances in which feedback worked well. I'm sure you and everybody does as well.

Traxxas isn't going to simply demand because you demand it. Nor does a bad deal warrant this. They have no idea who is telling the truth, as they are an outside party to the transaction itself. The best thing to keep in mind is, user beware. I'd research a potential buyer/seller carefully. If you feel like this forum doesn't protect you enough, there are other places on the internet for you to sell from.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Champion
    well maybe we should understand this is a FREE public forum,and the rules states anyone can post here as long he/she wants with out violating the rules that are inplace!!

and the market place does have some guidelines posted for seller/buyer protection...AND again this is not ebay where you agree to a legal binding contract,this is free and open forum and the sellers should understand the BUYERS ARE UNDER NO LEGAL CONTRACT to pay for or buy anything they do not want.and it is there given right to back out if money falls short or they Found a cheaper deal else where,

as for the name calling and insults you posted in your first topic tends to scare ppl off.
    and it was uncalled for!

There's nothing wrong with feedback. The person who had to back out is more than able to state their side. Feedback helps others make a informed decision about whether or not they should deal with this person. I know several instances in which feedback worked well. I'm sure you and everybody does as well.

very good point misbehavin maybe i should heve worded it different.

Buyer Beware! Purchase items in the Marketplace forum at your own risk!
    Traxxas does not officially know, promote, certify, or endorse any of the sellers or seller's merchandise. There is always risk involved with purchasing from unknown individuals online. You alone assume all risk and responsibility for those transactions. You alone are responsible for taking necessary precautions to protect yourself from potential internet fraud. Traxxas will play no role whatsoever in transactions initiated by individuals acting on their own behalf in the Marketplace forum

rule can be found here
    Last edited by GlowThunder; 08-07-2005 at 08:23 PM.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Champion
    I have purchased once from the forum and the transaction went fine. I have found with the forum here:

1. be prepared to be low balled on price
    2. be prepared to haggle

You are dealing with a lot of minors on here and from the way it sounds whoever was looking at your trucks must have decided not to buy them, but instead of being polite and telling you they weren't interested they created a little lie and were not too smart in hiding their true decission.

If you want more security then go eBay.
    ???

RC Qualifier
    Why do people buy and sell stuff on forums like this? You have no idea who is on the other end of the modem. At least with ebay you have some way of reporting dirtbags.
    Busting all Maxx Myths and "Lemming science"! 10D carb and ofna tank mod are worthless. Dee Dee Dee -If it doesn't have all SuperLemming parts, it isn't a "genuine trademarked" SuperLemmingMaxx lol

RC Qualifier
    There are always good and bad buyers,even on ebay you can have problems.I think it's great Traxxas even alows us to trade,they make nothing from our deals.What's that old saying?Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    To upgrade or not to upgrade,is that even a question?

RC Qualifier
    Well if you are talking about me, I take offense at being called a ***** or a clown.

I was interested in your truck, until I found out it didnt have a controller and I would have to spend another $70+ for a synthesized radio. I let you know after that, that I was going to look elsewhere. If others backed out after me, I am sorry for that, but name calling will get you nowhere.

Shannon
    Former Nitro guy back to the VXL!!

RC Qualifier
    Well try to sell on ebay its the same almost everywhere look around. Lhs is probably ur best bet but no you want to buy something for a better price or sale. Bad attitude warning
    Just Lax'in