Thread: nitrous express

RC Champion

Exclamation nitrous express

I just recieved my recent rc driver magizine and saw that nitrous express made a mini nitrous system for rc cars! They reviewed it, and it actually works! woohoo! if I ever get $200, I'll get it for my rustler.

I know I shouldnt say this but, Why? Why do you want to spend 200.00 on some nitrous? You can buy another used rc if you ask me. Its cool though, saying "I have nitrous in my rustler" Did it have a speed increase? Or just acceleration boost?

RC Champion
    Yea, for $200 you could just get a new engine like a OS or Fantom .18. Either of these engines would increase top end and overall preformance and would most likely not cost as much as nitrous.

And nitrous could also have damaging effects like raising your engine temps to unsafe levels.
    Ever notice how it's a penny for your thoughts, yet you put in your two-cents? Someone is making a penny on the deal!
    -- Steven Wright

RC Champion
    It increases speed by atleast 3mph, and it adds loads of low- end power if your controlling it on a seperate channel. I know I could just buy another engine, but I like my trucks to be different. And anyways, you should upgrade your vehicle the way you feel you should. I just think its neet someone actually made a good functioning nitrous system for rc's. It would totally rock to have a .18 engine with nitrous! Would that nitrous really hurt the engine that much since the cartriges are so small and it doesn't last that long? And you can turn it off if you don't want to use it. I'll probly wait to get it until the price drops down and buy it. And ya, that would be cool to say you have nitrous on your rustler. (I don't need another rc vehicle )I have an old kyosho gs .15 engine; is there any way I could hook that up to my rustler? If I could, I could test the nitrous on it to see how much it wears the engine.

I like the controlling it with a 3rd channel, that seems cool. 3mph Just swap gearings around and boom, added 5mph or more? I want to see a video

RC Champion

Thumbs up

I wanna see a video too. Maybe they'll put a video of it up on their webpage. They tested it on an hpi savage, said it took off so fast it flipped over backwards. I bet a rustler would increase its speed by 5mph because of how light it is compared to a savage. Is the tq controller a three channel? how could you hook up another servo to power the nitrous? It would probly be easier just to use the throttle servo arm to turn it on when wot like they menchoned.

A savage has alot of power that it can flip on its lid stock if tuned correctly

RC Champion
    They said they tested it in humid weather; the truck would only go 29mph tops without nitrous.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It didn't make that much of a difference overall, and the article never once mentioned how the truck received any additional fuel. This leads me to believe you have two options, run it rich, or let it run lean while it's being juiced.

I also think that the nitrous tube being shoved in the airfilter would make filter replacement inconvient, as well as possibly making it easy for dirt to enter the motor.

Also, there's the cost of refills, and the fact that you'll only see a benefit part of the time. It still makes more sense to simply buy a different motor. You'll get the same power advantage, or more, for the same price. You can have the power available all of the time, and not add all of the weight that the nitrous system adds.

The article certainly didn't change my mind, but rather reinforced the fact that the idea is simply ludicrous.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Originally posted by Misbehavin'

The article certainly didn't change my mind, but rather reinforced the fact that the idea is simply ludicrous.
    I'm with you on that one. Get a better engine instead of a nitrous bottle. If you want faster, change the CB, spur, or just lean it out a tad. The life of these engines is short enough without damaging it with aftermarket junk such as a nitrous system.

RC Champion
    3mph, or even 5mph, for $200! That's rediculous. I mean with a simple spur gear/clutch bell change you can gain that much speed and also gain low end acceleration. And it wont cost you nearly that much.

And like Mis' said, refils and tons of other things just make it sound like a bad idea.

It'd be cool to say "I've got nitrous" for some people. But if you say that to someone who understands and knows a lot about RCs they're not going to be so impressed.

Anyway, it's your RC and your right to choose!
    Ever notice how it's a penny for your thoughts, yet you put in your two-cents? Someone is making a penny on the deal!
    -- Steven Wright

Banned by Warnings
    NEW JERSEY land of the 1 and only crazy person ME!
    why are we saying no! LOL hey if he wants to do it then let him. It will be a free show for us. Dude if you wanna do it then do it. Just remember to take a video and tell us how it worked. Do what you want, its not my engine lol. I will give it to you, i also want my trucks to be diffrent. I have spare engines laying around i wouldnt mind blowing one for the fun of it. The cost of blowing it with nitrous is pretty ridiculous though.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a waste of money, however, i would consider buying it if it made the cool sound that it does for normal cars, and if you can purge it.
    2.3 acura cl, 2.5 t-maxx, 2.5 rustler what should i get next?

listen to this combo

camiya .30 bigblock (IF you could fit it made for 1/8 scale touring 80+mph)
    gear for maximum speed
    and of course nitrous

if you could put that in a rustler and control it you do some serious damage to something
    my rusty got ran over by an suv

RC Qualifier
    It'd be cool to say "I've got nitrous" for some people. But if you say that to someone who understands and knows a lot about RCs they're not going to be so impressed.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Just say " I've got nitro" because it is already in the fuel. And it sounds just as cool.
    The older I get, the better I was.

RC Qualifier
    That is really cool that they make nitrous for R/C but if your going to use it, I would use an old junk motor, look around pick one up for 20-30 bucks and put the nitrous on that. Then when if hits 400 degrees and has a melt down you don't get all ticked off. Thats just My 2cents, but i mean it your truck, your money and your decsion so do you want want and have fun doing it.