RC Competitor

Question Longer fuel line

I was wondering if a longer fuel line would improve run time upside-down or would it just stall the engine because it is sucking air longer. I ask this because my friends revo has about twice the lenght that i have on his fuel line then mine.
    My rusty can beat your revo anyday

Banned by Warnings
    NEW JERSEY land of the 1 and only crazy person ME!
    yes it means longer idle upside down. longer fuel line from the pipe to the tank means better idle stability.

RC Qualifier
    That is true, i did that on my Rusty

how does that work
    my rusty got ran over by an suv

Originally posted by eman8675309
    how does that work
    More line equals more fuel. Buy more fuel line, and cut it so thats its longer than stock. This will prevent you from your engine shutting off when flipped over. You could also get a fuel filter which will hold fuel in also.

oh ok
    my rusty got ran over by an suv

RC Champion
    It's a cheap and highly effective way to gain some time when your RC is flipped over.

My N Rusty can sit upside down for quite some time. I've flipped it when it went out of range (no fail safe at the time) and had to run a good way down the road, when I got there the N Rusty was upside down, but still running.

It saves you some of the hassle of re-fireing your engine if it stalls.
    Ever notice how it's a penny for your thoughts, yet you put in your two-cents? Someone is making a penny on the deal!
    -- Steven Wright

RC Champion
    It will have longer run time with longer fuel line, but the down side is it will casuse engine damge running upside down too. I flipped one of my trucks on the roof when I lost the batt pack and had it sit there running for some time at about half throttle got stuck there when the batt pack came out. The return spring must not have been tight enough have to check them things more than once LOL. By the time I got to it and shut the engine off the con rod bushing where it goes on the crankshaft was worn out. Inspected the engine when it wouldn't stay running. I found that the rods bushing on the crank was worn out from lack of lubracation. Two stroke car engines get their lube from the fuel and when they are upside down teh crankcase isnt gettting any lubracation. Dont aske me about planes have no idea how they stay together flying upside down and things. I rather just have it shut off too soon on the roof that have the engine get messed up from lack of lube. That rod was something like 45 bucks to replace.
    You can make miracles happen with a DREMEL TOOL

Nova Mega Big Block SX-15 EVO4 MS T powered Rustler enough said.

Banned by Warnings
    NEW JERSEY land of the 1 and only crazy person ME!
    planes have clunkers in the fuel tanks. so when your flying upside down gravity pull the clunker to the bottom whether you are right side up or upside down.

RC Champion
    Like I said dont know anything about planes. Didnt know that klunker thing must have something like weedeaters have in their tanks then, Plus only flying I do involves a skate board ramp and one of my trucks LOL.
    You can make miracles happen with a DREMEL TOOL

Nova Mega Big Block SX-15 EVO4 MS T powered Rustler enough said.

RC Racer
    Where exactly is the longer fuel line suppose to go ? From the tank to the pipe or from the tank to the carb ?
    He Rides Again!!!

RC Qualifier
    It needs to go from the tank to the carb.

Good Luck,
    Jim
    I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you!