Thread: rc screwz

RC Racer

rc screwz

oes anyone have this for thier jatos? If so do they make much a diff? Is it hard to match up the right screwz?
    Proud member of the Juggalo Nation

RC Enthusiast
    Rc Screwz are good quality and are excellent for when you loose a screw etc. The Jato is a really simple car to work on with only a small number of different size screws. I usually buy the kit and replace the screws as I'am working on the car.
    http://sken911.blogspot.com/

I would not recommend them. Althrough it will look pretty cool, stainless steel is a very soft material and is not a good material for a screw. They can be stripped very easily.

Banned by Warnings
    i'v heard a few ppl say they have bent or broken . u dont want a screw to break off in somehting .

RC Enthusiast
    Stainless steel comes in many different grades and qualities, and is not a very soft material, also it does not rust. That is why they make surgical instruments, knives, forks and pans out of it. The rc screwz kit will be infinately batter quality for the price than the standard Jato screw kit. I use them on all my cars. I even have one on my LST and not had one screw bend or strip, and that truck weighs much than a Jato.
    http://sken911.blogspot.com/

RC Champion
    12.9 Alloy steel in all the high stress areas. I use them in all places, but if you wanted to save some weight you could use Al in some non-stress areas. Just got my order from Tony today, great for the price.

And no matter what grade SS they use, it's not going to be near as strong as 12.9.
    My RC's: Faster than yours...

Banned by Warnings
    Ive had 2 kits worth for my tmaxx, stripped WAY to many screws(I have a good ofna driver kit)