RC poster

Scratches on the underside of my body

Hi there,

Took my Jato out for the first time today after having run it in. I've noticed a few scratches on the aluminium chasis.

Has anyone else done this to their jato? I feel really sad. It was perfect earlier on today, now its all scratched

Cheers

HaX

RC Competitor
    This happened to me after like, 10 mins after break in.

Don't feel bad, it just means that you're DRIVING it. Not just p-uss-footing around, being careful.

I for one think it looks great, a perfect christening.

And if you really want it pristine, then get a can of blue spray paint and touch it up
    - This is my sig

RC Qualifier
    the back half of mine isnt even blue anymore

RC Champion
    There is no way to get around scratching the chassis
    Knowledge is useless unless one can pass it on.

RC Competitor
    like everyone says....your just driving it...no worries

RC Champion
    Originally posted by TheFastest1inMI
    There is no way to get around scratching the chassis
    While not totally, you can limit your suspension with RPM Limiter Clicps that go on the shock shafts to keep you from bottoming out your chassis. It does how ever transfer more shock to the shock towers. I have used them on all my RC Cars to save on the chassis wear and tear. You can also get the Associated Chassis Protector Sheet. It's got a sticky back and it pretty thick material. Just stick and cut out around the chassis.
    Jato, 3PM Radio, S3305, S9350 Servos, MS Air Filter, Single Speed, Aluminium; Drag Link, Spindles, Brake Linkages, C-Hubs, Rear Hubs, Titanium Buckles and Hinge Pins, CVD's, Light Weight Chassis.

Banned by Warnings

um

You'll scratch that and break many parts, its apart of the hobby.

You can buy chassis cheap on ebay...don't worry about any dings and stuff ( I used to be the same way though, so I can understand)

Just have fun with it, everything is replacable.

RC Qualifier
    Or take EZ-Off and make the chassis bare aluminum...I think it looks cool....
    Ultimate Mega Speed Pede...That I cant drive..

RC Competitor

I agree...

That just means your driving it. Just think of all the places you plan on taking it, and i know you have, especially now that you've seen how fast it is... Do you think the bottom will stay pretty anymore? Have a great time. You'll find that there is pretty much no place the Jato can't go except under water, or near water. LOL. Have Fun
    Every man dies, but not every man gets to drive a TRAXXAS JATO!

RC Enthusiast
    Mine was blue about a month ago. Now it is silver and the track has a blue groove. Paint transfer from car to terrain = having fun
    Jato with OS 12tz 5 port and Tuned Pipe, New Era Steel Tube Roll Bar, New Era Front Chassis Reinforcement, Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles, RPM Talons with Proline Edge up front and Gladiators in rear. Alloy shocks all around. It's a racin' Jato.