RC poster

Front wheels have more power?

I seem to have a lot more power from my front wheels then my rear wheels. When a gas it of the line the front wheels are spinning like no bodys business thrying to pull the car it seems? but when i turn the rear wheels every thing in the drive train seems connected and working fine any ideas? I haven't had a chance to pull the gear box down yet has anyone else come across this problem?

Banned by Warnings
    thats because there is no center diff,, the same rotations and power are sent to the front and back,

RC Racer
    This is normal and probably due to weight transfer. When you hit the gas and accelerate the more weight will be transferred to the back wheels than the front wheels. This means they'll have more grip than the front ones and since there is a solid connect between the two (no centre diff.) they will have the same power going to both front and back as said above.

However thinking about this more since there is a solid connection both front wheels should not be able to spin if the back wheels aren't spinning (since solid connection both should rotate at the same speed). Maybe just one of your front wheels is unloading because of the front diff? Are you sure both your front wheels are spinning? If so maybe there is a problem in your drive-train somewhere?
    If Nitro be the food of love, drive on.

RC Champion
    If this is a newly noticed issue, look into the rear diff for slippage. Chances are, if there is a problem, its a bad ring gear
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC poster
    Your right i pulled it down after posting the msg and found a ring gear that was just worn enough to slip under load 8( ... At least i found my problem ...

Thanks for the replies