RC Racer

Who remebers their first R/C ----

Who remebers their first R/C car or truck and ones to follow leading up to what you have now (most in this forum anyway) the REVO? Ill go first, like early 90's i think 90-91 i got one of those like $150 radio shack buggies, which for a 10 year old was awesome!!, that got me hooked, from their i believe i had another kinda cheap rc a tyco 9.6v , think it was called a hammer truck, it screamed too, then i got into the real hobby cars , TAMIYA, -- super hornet, the lunch box van , black foot , clodbuster , then to traxxas-- the sledgehammer , then my first nitro, the original t-maxx, 2.5 maxx, savage 21, cen genesis, and now the REVO! WOW! i just realized i spent some serious cash over the years on R/C not to mention each nitro i ever had always had to have every aftermarket part out!

RC Racer
    Grasshopper was my first!

Then I got a super hornet, monster beetle, rc10 (street version, forget the name, was long time ago), then the SLEDGEHAMMER!! I would jump my sledgehammer off my 2nd story roof, that thing was a tank!!!

Then I took a break for 10 years, started back up with an electric rc10 stadium truck, but wanted to try nitro... Nitro rules! Now I have a t-maxx and a revo!

RC Racer
    This is going to be a long list (20 years of RC)

First came a Tamiya Frog in about 1985. Then came a Mugen Bulldog, Kyosho Optima Mid, RC10, RC12LW, 2 Bolink Legends, Traxxas Stampede(my son's), Pro.15 T-Maxx, Revo, Frog from e-bay, 3 Associated RC18t(1 for me and 2 for my sons) and lastly Jato. I have all but the original Frog.

Banned by Warnings
    easy for me lol...my t-maxx, and i still have it too...

then my next was my beloved revo

then my e-maxx, then my jato

RC Racer
    I waited until there finally came something on marked worth spending time and money on; still got my Revo.

Banned by Warnings
    Grasshoppers are considered Vintage cars and they are coming out again from Tamiya, that was my first car, then the Boomerang, Kyosho Optima 4wd, Toyota Bruiser, Tamiya Bigfoot a couple of nitro cars and now the Revo.

RC Champion
    Traxxas Nitro Hawk, Traxxas Nitro Rustler, Traxxas Revo.

Yea i like traxxas. Ive only been in the hobby for like 5 yrs, but i went straight to Nitro, but i learned with a used Hawk. Onlu issues is im 14 and have no money!

Banned by Warnings
    Mine was a 1984 Tamiya Bruiser.

RC Racer
    yeah, nothing like being 13yrs old and trying to figure out how to put together a clod buster , were was RTR for the tamiya electric vehicles

RC Enthusiast
    In 1989 I got my first RC Car -- Traxxas Cat, then in 1990 I got the Kyosho Raider. Finally after 15 years off from the hobby, I'm 29 and hooked again with the Revo, which I got in July. Now I want a 1/8 buggy, looking at Sportwerks Mayhem RTR. I wish Traxxas would come out with a 1/8 scale buggy.

RC Racer
    i forgot i had a nitro 4 tec 2.5 not long after they started puttin the new motor in them, it was so fast i sold after a few weeks, i couldnt control it!! plus i hated not being able to go in the grass with it

RC Qualifier
    my frist was a Tamiya monster jeep the red one it was back like 10 years ago
    FRANKINRUSTLER,when bored build your toys

RC Champion
    TAM Frog
    KYO Ultima
    KYO Optima
    KYO Optima Mid
    Bo-Link Eliminator
    ASC 10L
    ASC RC 10 (Graphite chassis car)
    OFN Ultra LX
    ASC 10GT FT
    TRX Revo
    ASC 18T
    TRX Jato
    ASC TC3+
    and about 1-2 Revo's a week since I sell em haha

Best of my memory. Might have left one or 2 out..
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    My first was the Clod Buster.... and I used to honestly think it was fast hahaha
    Revo: RB WS7II, Spektrum, Panther Boa's, RD starter box, RD Quickturn, Lunsford titanium, P2 rockers, Boca bearings, 5945MG steering, Hitec 625MG throttle, Mayhem Pro: RB C5BB
    OFNA X1CRT: RB C5BB

RC poster
    Traxxas Cat was my first, great car
    "I like to play" - Garth Algar "Waynes World"

RC Racer
    I havent been in the hobby to long about 6 months. I had a Rustler 2.5, then Revo, LST, and now I have a Mayhem Pro buggy!! sold my Rusty though just wasnt feeling the 2wd.
    Revo-RB323, Jammin X1CRT,Turmoil Pro, and way to much up grades to list!

RC Competitor
    Tamiya Fox 1986
    ill think of something later

Banned by Warnings
    hmm...

Like most kids born around 87-92...I got tons of radio shack and Walmart cars...

Around 98 when I was 8 or so, got my first hobby grade...an a electric stampede.

Then E-Maxx...(old ESC version, then later got the Novak)...
    Then T-Maxx...(old version)...
    Then Tamiya TLT-1...
    Then HPI Super Nitro...
    Then a restoration project of a Tamiya Bruiser (awesome truck)...
    Then a Revo...
    Then a Tamiya Hummer...
    Then a Nitro TC3...
    Then yea...

By far...loved the Revo and T-Maxx best. I think the old T-maxx's were wayyyy better then the 2.5's. Mine ran like a top with the MIP stinger exhaust. I miss that truck, if they came out with the version one T-Maxx again, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by CarbonRevo; 10-21-2005 at 03:25 PM.

RC Racer
    Red Arrow (radio shack buggy), .15 Nitro Rustler, HPI RS4, Traxxas 4tec, Traxxas Rustler, Traxxas Emaxx, Traxxas 2.5 Nitro Rustler, Duratrax Miniquake.

I'm only 23 and I've bought all of my own cars with the exception of the red Arrow that I got for my 12th birthday.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i always wanted a rc car while i was a kid my mom could never affored it.didnt get one tell 97 /98 traded a nissan maxima wagon for a rc .didnt know what model it was tell i came to the boards.it was a hawk or hawk 2.but i lost it in a pawn shop like 4 years ago.i still kick my self in the butt for that.
    "bah weep granah weep nini bong"

RC Racer
    My first was the Blackfoot and a few years later I got a Kyosho USA 1

RC poster
    I do, I still have it.

Pro Trax Rustler, got it back in '99.

Nowhere near stock now though.
    -=Traxxas O.G. Est. 2001 [17B]=-= Horsham R/C Racing - Mayhem-rc.com=-

RC poster
    Originally posted by CarbonRevo
    hmm...

Like most kids born around 87-92...I got tons of radio shack and Walmart cars...

Same here, it was onyl when i was around 10 that i finally got a tamiya TA-04, my first nitro was a HPI nitro rush, they're as weak as a paper cup

RC Competitor
    I remember it like it was a year ago .... Oh wait, it was a year ago. Yea, my first real R/C was the T-Maxx, I still have it now, and i'm thinking about buying a 4-tec or Jato next

RC Qualifier
    my first R/C car was this little cart thing lol then i got a rebound 4x4, then this little truck, can't remember who made it, was called desert fox, then my first REAL r/c car was a t-maxx, hopefully getting a jato for christmas, not sure if i can yet. At first i thort it was going to be really hard switching from small slow electric to this huge car with an engine, but no, was fine, and i love it to bits lol
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

RC Champion
    Traxxas nitro hawk
    Knowledge is useless unless one can pass it on.

man i wish i could remember.it's tough when you suffer from crs! it's been close to 30 years since my first rc.and i had so many oh well atleast iam sure it was fun lol...
    454 bb maxx

RC Racer
    My first was this truck that was acctuly made to fight then I got a black widow, then I got a cheap nascar that was made by xrc. those are all realy old and the only one that still works correctly is the xrc. But now I have a "T" and a srt.
    Stampede VXL upgraded broken stuff.

RC Champion
    In the late 80's I got a TYCO TURBO HOPPER for christmas. It was fun and back then for me it was very very fast!!! Then I had to wait several years for more "real" R/Cs... Now I am just making up for lost time...
    9R

RC Competitor
    radio shack Flashtron

still have it too
    no name is a real place if you don't believe me look it up

RC Champion
    smartech on road <<< never worked so i bought nitro sport LOL

nitro sport

nitro rustler

duratrax axis

nitro rustler

tmaxx

nitro sport

nitro 4tec

savage

Sold most of them to get a real car. Now Im getting ready to get a 4tec and nitrosport from one guy and a revo a little later...

The ones I relisted I had 2 of.
    Last edited by nitrosport2000; 11-02-2005 at 07:14 PM.

RC Competitor
    first wirelessly controled car was a Jeep 4x4. I got it for X-mas and it was the coolest thing (I was about 7, and everything is the coolest then). It was slow but It was beter than the ones which went forward and when it went back it would turn.
    "I'm for ethanol, and I think it's a very important partial ingredient of the overall mix of alternative and renewable fuels we ought to commit to." --John F. Kerry

RC Qualifier
    My first was a hum-vee from radio shack 9.6v actually it was pretty awesome thats when it all started for me!
    Don't force it just get a bigger hammer.

Banned by Warnings
    It's been a year now for me first r/c 10/13/04 E-rusty used,savage s25 RTR new, T-maxx used,mammoth used,jato new,rc18mt new,E-pede new,N-pede used,N-TC3 used,project T/S-maxx used,rc10gt used,heli used.with that in mind I like to thank Traxxas for there great truck's/car's and this forum. and you guy's for all your help I can't wait to see what the new year bring's next

RC Enthusiast
    My first car was a Tamiya buggy of some kind. I don't remember the name of it but it was pretty lame compared to todays stuff. At the time I thought it was the coolest thing in the universe though. I remember it having a mechanical speed control and when the batteries would go down the thing would get stuck at full throttle and you'd have no steering and have to chase it down the street to retrieve it! I drove it everywhere though. The thing never broke.

After that I caught the "sickness" and had:

-traxxas 4-Tec with a Volvo touring car body (fun)
    -RC10T3 to race with my friends (broke a lot)
    -HPI Pro 2 which I bought from my friend (too nice to run!)
    -Tamiya Peugeot 306 rally car (slow)
    -Tamiya Mini FWD (ate tires like crazy)
    -Tamiya Opel touring car with carbon fiber chasis (very nice car)
    -RC10B3 Team (to replace the T3 which I sold, very nice car)
    -Traxxas Stampede (super fun basher, I jumped it off my friends roof several times)

Then I ended up selling them all off in a couple batches and had no cars at all for about 3 or 4 years. Then I got the bug to get back into it and got a new Traxxas Stampede, mainly because it was the funnest and required the least manintence out of all my old ones.
    Last edited by emomoonbase; 11-09-2005 at 12:14 AM.

RC Qualifier
    My first R/C was a Tyco Heads Up Turbo Hopper! That was the one with the little guy inside whos head turned left and right depending on which way you steered the car.
    It was an accident!!!

nitroracer4600
    Originally posted by Tatohead
    My first R/C was a Tyco Heads Up Turbo Hopper! That was the one with the little guy inside whos head turned left and right depending on which way you steered the car.
    HAHA!! thats sweet!!